Shallow cummins oil pan for Cuda transplant

LS1? Not in a Cuda:doh:

$685 and a 7000+lb truck will handle most cars on the road half the weight. Take that power in a lighter platform...yep sure expensive to get 500hp to the ground

Bring your big 7000 pound truck with a $685 chip or whatever and race my Z06 vette. :shake:

Typically is situations like this I'd just speak slower, possibly even draw things out in bright colored crayons. Being that his is the internet I don't have that option, so I'll have to ask a favor if you. Read slower, sound the words out if need be, even call a friend to read to you. Now, I want you to realize something. When you mentioned that diesel cost .30 cents per gallon I was unaware you drove a gasser chevy. See where I'm going with this? I was referring to the car. Lets use 600hp for example, a 600hp diesel in that car will net 2-4 MPG better than a 600hp gas motor. I can understand your assumptions about my telepathy, after years of not seeing anyone above a grade school education in your neck of the woods my brain power must seem extraordinary.

stainlessquote.jpg

Nah sorry you didn't say 2-4 MPG better, you said 2-4 times better. Times means to multiply by.

Lets say I have 4 kitty cats. How many kitty cats would I have if there were 2 times that many? Is the answer....

a. 6 kitty cats

-or-

b. 8 kitty cats

Pretty tough huh..

Bring your big 7000 pound truck with a $685 chip or whatever and race my Z06

Pretty tough huh..

Hey retard your bus is leaving, get on it and don't look back.

First off
This tool Called garmon that guy...
Drop ls1 in it... Really? It's a friggen Plymouth not a chebby vega get fackin real.

Ok, ok, here's a bit of real advise shut up unless your gunna atleast make an attempt to help the op

So anyway.
I have a 69 charger, this car has been mine for years, brought it back from Alaska with me and have thought many times of dropping a 12er in it
I have seen a 70ish Monty Carlo with a CR hood shut just fine
But I wouldn't think the oil pan would get any lower than the front part, basicly take a strait edge from there to your trans because that's all yer getting

Bring your big 7000 pound truck with a $685 chip or whatever and race my Z06 vette. :shake:

Nah sorry you didn't say 2-4 MPG better, you said 2-4 times better. Times means to multiply by.

Most cars on the road aren't Z06 Vettes now are they? But it'll run just fine against a new Camaro/Mustang/Challenger. Might not beat them all, but it'll put up a hell of a fight. Kinda funny to see their smirk go away and their eyes get big when the pedals go down:hehe:

Lets take a 600hp 360 (we're talkin Mopars here, take your LS1 and shove it) your probably looking at 10mpg if your lucky.

Now a 600hp diesel in that same car, you're very likely pushing 30mpg, if not more.

This isn't a site you want to be known as a dumbass on. My old boss always told the guys that didn't quite get it, you have two ears and one mouth for a reason; listen twice as much as you speak. I realize its the internet, but the same rules apply

I'm sorry but I think this whole swap idea is a terrible mistake. I grew up falling in love with the styling and power of the old Mopar muscle cars, and it has never once crossed my mind to put a Cummins in one. I get soooo sick and tired of all of the people thinking that a Cummins should go into anything and everything that they can get their hands on. Don't ruin the integrity of an American classic by doing this swap. Build yourself a wicked 340 or 400 cu in stroker small block, or even a 383 or a wicked 440 six-pack, but please do not disgrace that car with a Cummins "just because you have a motor."

stainlessquote.jpg

Lets say I have 4 kitty cats. How many kitty cats would I have if there were 2 times that many? Is the answer....

a. 6 kitty cats

-or-

b. 8 kitty cats

Pretty tough huh..

Damn it, I never have any crayons when I need them. Lets break this down, 600hp gas cuda 8-12 MPG. 8x2=16 and 12x4=48. Looks like I left that one pretty vague and open didn't I? I thought it was a simple concept. This is why I asked you to call a friend if you had problems with reading comprehension.

Most cars on the road aren't Z06 Vettes now are they? But it'll run just fine against a new Camaro/Mustang/Challenger. Might not beat them all, but it'll put up a hell of a fight. Kinda funny to see their smirk go away and their eyes get big when the pedals go down:hehe:

Lets take a 600hp 360 (we're talkin Mopars here, take your LS1 and shove it) your probably looking at 10mpg if your lucky.

Now a 600hp diesel in that same car, you're very likely pushing 30mpg, if not more.

This isn't a site you want to be known as a dumbass on. My old boss always told the guys that didn't quite get it, you have two ears and one mouth for a reason; listen twice as much as you speak. I realize its the internet, but the same rules apply

Thank you! Some one gets it!

Damn it, I never have any crayons when I need them. Lets break this down, 600hp gas cuda 8-12 MPG. 8x2=16 and 12x4=48. Looks like I left that one pretty vague and open didn't I? I thought it was a simple concept. This is why I asked you to call a friend if you had problems with reading comprehension.

Thank you! Some one gets it!

cummins in a car is retarded. i dont need a 600 hp gas engine to beat your stupid money pit cummins into car swap. i think your mileage estimates are a little off too im tired of arguing with kids my sons age im laughin so hard about this whole thread you kids are probably sitting at your computers just fuming mad hahaha but it dont make me a rats ass im sittin here just a smilin.

I'm gonna have to show this thread to my old man. He has a '74 with a 360 that he ordered from the dealer when he was 19. The thing is completely original. He even still has the original sales recipt. This would make him sick!!:Throwup:

cummins in a car is retarded. i dont need a 600 hp gas engine to beat your stupid money pit cummins into car swap. i think your mileage estimates are a little off too im tired of arguing with kids my sons age im laughin so hard about this whole thread you kids are probably sitting at your computers just fuming mad hahaha but it dont make me a rats ass im sittin here just a smilin.

Ah the old "Im going to act like Im not upset and pretend Im laughing" remark. It's like middleschool all over again :hehe:

A Cummins in a muscle car, cool concept, but one I would not even think about doing. A Cuda is rare, even being a 72. Now if it was a re-man, non original, then I would consider it. You are going to spend a ton of money to make it work and be street-able, yes we all have our definition of street-able, on here more of us use that term loosely, but that weight in that car, without extreme modification is not street-able. Yes you already have the motor, but it is going to cost you way more to make it work than it would to build a ground up 440 or new Hemi or something similar.

Now I am not trying to tell you not to do it, its your car, your motor, and your money. I am just trying to give you my opinion. Take it as you will.

I put a cummins in my 72 Buick Riviera, it would have cost me more to rebuild the engine properly than it did for me to buy a wrecked truck and transplant it. Granted my car is way more heavy duty than a 'Cuda. And it didn't require hardly anything for mods to install it.

Personally I am with the don't do it crowd, yes they are a lot of fun to do but there are better engine choices than a cummins for that swap.

damm i was thinking of dropping a p-pumped 24v into a 70 chevelle. damm typing out loud again. i say go for it. the only one you have to make happy is your self.

I'm the guy who suggested that he not put a Cummins in it. I really don't know how to explain this to you. But I understand your laughter, after all ignorance is bliss.