Shallow cummins oil pan for Cuda transplant

Ok, you have my permission if it's a '72. The oil pan and pickup shouldn't be too hard to modify, but you might still have trouble closing the hood. Steven.

There's already been a few cummins swaps into muscle cars, but it's your car so do as u feel fit.

Can't really say I agree with this statement at all except for the fuel price comment.

So parts for a gas engine aren't cheaper? Hey how much does an injector cost for a 05-07 5.9 anyway?? Pretty cheap? I'm on my second set in my 05; 2 grand a set. My 06 chevy z71 that I drive everyday has got 223,000 miles and only thing I had to do to it was change the water pump like 180 dollar part.

The Dmax engine sure makes a neat drivable car, and would weigh less than a 426 hemi. I would not think that a Cummins would go in there and make a driver, would make a cool show car, but the Cummins is heavy for that kind of car.

We are doing a few of these , including a GTO judge with a Dmax and blower as a daily driver; I can’t wait to hear the dual exhaust on this engine. The Dmax will make 550 to 600 hp stock, and with a good cam and ported heads not require an intercooler for daily driveling.

The mustang cruses at 80 mph with 2 psi boost. When you step on it you use the Snow MPG max boost cooler, with the variable controller, the water will control the egt’s automatically with a pulse or water methanol , that will vary as the need presents itself

its ur car and ur motor do with as u please dont let someone else ruin u and ur future wifes plans if u wanna put a cummins in the cuda do it

Disrespectful kids

So parts for a gas engine aren't cheaper? Hey how much does an injector cost for a 05-07 5.9 anyway?? Pretty cheap? I'm on my second set in my 05; 2 grand a set. My 06 chevy z71 that I drive everyday has got 223,000 miles and only thing I had to do to it was change the water pump like 180 dollar part.

Ah yes, this arguement makes perfect sense. You've had good luck with one truck, and bad luck with another. So they all must be that way! Really? This is just as bad as your fuel price comment. Diesel costs .30 cents more yet will net 2-4 times the mpg. Do the math there.

its ur car and ur motor do with as u please dont let someone else ruin u and ur future wifes plans if u wanna put a cummins in the cuda do it

Grammar. Has some. I can help, here's a quick guide...

grammar.jpg

Ah yes, this arguement makes perfect sense. You've had good luck with one truck, and bad luck with another. So they all must be that way! Really? This is just as bad as your fuel price comment. Diesel costs .30 cents more yet will net 2-4 times the mpg. Do the math there.

2-4 times the mpg??? Where do you buy what you smoke?? I need some. So my 06 gasser Chevy gets 17 mpg, a diesel should get 68 MPG (4 times)at the high end and 34 MPG (2 times)?

My chevy sucks gas down. Little 1500 with v6 13 mpg 15 on highway getting passed buy every car out their.

Didn't garmons truck at one time get like 55mpg? If he was to put in a 400-600hp diesel injectors he shouldn't have to worry about if he tunes it correctly.

Now on for the 2nd part of this, money has nothing to do with this thread, If you can't afford to play then don't. This a high performance website and I'm sure the OP is well aware of the money that this ride will take. Now stop being a ass, that's my job.

Didn't garmons truck at one time get like 55mpg? If he was to put in a 400-600hp diesel injectors he shouldn't have to worry about if he tunes it correctly.

Now on for the 2nd part of this, money has nothing to do with this thread, If you can't afford to play then don't. This a high performance website and I'm sure the OP is well aware of the money that this ride will take. Now stop being a ass, that's my job.

Downhill I can get 99MPG in my 05; that guy aint got shi^

Well by god, if you are all wealthy lottery winners then have at it. I should have assumed the OP and everybody else on here was rich. My mistake, and I admit to it!

It depends on what year Cuda. If it is 70 or newer I wouldn"t cut it up. I've seen junk ones sell for at least $5,000.

Im hoping to start a plymouth cuda project in the near future with a cr cummins transplant.

:doh: FOR THE LOVE OF GOD- PLEASE BE JOKING!!!!!

First- what body style cuda- you didn't specify? Its either A-body style-(64-69) or E-body style (70-74)???

Second- you will have to chop the entire floor pan out- including the firewall.

You will need to have a custom frame done as even a well braced uni-body structure the Mopar platforms follow- will fold up with the weight and torque output of even a mildly built CR. The K-frame design front end with torsion bars will not handle a cummins 6cylinder- period.

If you do manage to nhigger the engine and trans in you will have a very ill handling piece that a well built 340 or even 440 will run circles around......

I would opt differently as Cuda's are near scarce as it is......

A friend of mine sold a pretty ragged out cuda body on Ebay a couple years ago and got 10 grand for it. They are pretty hard to come by even some of the front grills alone go for as much as a couple grand. As much as I like diesels I just couldn't bring myself to cut one up. But that is just my .02 worth.

Are you for real?? Sounds like a bad idea, just my opinion though. What's wrong with a LS1 or something?

LS1? Not in a Cuda:doh:

But why put a diesel in at all? They are heavy, you gotta spend a ton of $$$ to get it fast- if that is what you want to do, parts are much more expensive compared to gassers, and the fuel is .30 cents more per gallon.

$685 and a 7000+lb truck will handle most cars on the road half the weight. Take that power in a lighter platform...yep sure expensive to get 500hp to the ground

Oldsmokey
I know where a complete 6.1 hemi with transmission ecu and harness is for 3,500. I like the idea but at the same time I don't. I'm sure you can sell the cr motor and get the 6.1 and still have some money for other parts.

6.1 Hemi would be a great option. One in a 71 Cuda with a Kenne Bell sitting on top would be just about automotive perfection

Kyle, your confusing him even moreLOL

To be honest, I've thought of a diesel in a Cuda/Challenger/Charger etc. The only way I'd do it is if the 5.0L V8 Cummins comes out; tubular k-member is a direct bolt-in, and ditches the torsion bars. Custom coils could be spec'ed if needed. And this is ONLY if the 5.0 would fit like a gasser (I don't really see it being much bigger than a Hemi) and a standalone, clean tune. Bada$$ styling, great mileage, and 5-600hp smoke free. Why not?

I wouldn't do a 5.9/6.7. No way. Not in a Cuda. Hacking on Mopar Musclecars is akin to treason, punishable by hanging from the nearest tree by a mob of pissed of Mopar guys out for blood.

If you were to do it, please don't butcher it. I suppose it would be neat if done right

Well a Cuda with Cummins would not be my choice of a combination but I sure can understand the reasoning here for a powerful and economical combo. I think a Chevy engine in a Cuda would be a raping a Cuda eventhough the engine is good.

I would put in a new Hemi with a 6spd manual. Am also wondering the Cummins engine height, there's not that much room at least with a stock K-member. Tubular K would most likely be a mandatory item and they are not designed for the weight the Cummins has. It would drive worse than the original bigblock or Hemi equipped Cuda's because of the nose weight.

Last edited:
2-4 times the mpg??? Where do you buy what you smoke?? I need some. So my 06 gasser Chevy gets 17 mpg, a diesel should get 68 MPG (4 times)at the high end and 34 MPG (2 times)?

Dam you better pull it out and put a cummins in it they get 2-4 times that mpg.

Typically is situations like this I'd just speak slower, possibly even draw things out in bright colored crayons. Being that his is the internet I don't have that option, so I'll have to ask a favor if you. Read slower, sound the words out if need be, even call a friend to read to you. Now, I want you to realize something. When you mentioned that diesel cost .30 cents per gallon I was unaware you drove a gasser chevy. See where I'm going with this? I was referring to the car. Lets use 600hp for example, a 600hp diesel in that car will net 2-4 MPG better than a 600hp gas motor. I can understand your assumptions about my telepathy, after years of not seeing anyone above a grade school education in your neck of the woods my brain power must seem extraordinary.