show me smokers

I wouldn't mind going over the Show me state to do a few more things. Just went to Custom Differintials in Bloomsdale this past saturday for a pull and mud stuff. And let me tell you the girls definately proved why its called the show me state, because I saw.

JohhnyFoxtrot said:
I wouldn't mind going over the Show me state to do a few more things. Just went to Custom Differintials in Bloomsdale this past saturday for a pull and mud stuff. And let me tell you the girls definately proved why its called the show me state, because I saw.

Was yours the red truck with the camper shell that took second?

JohhnyFoxtrot said:

I was there too, was definitley the Show-Me state that day:pop: :Cheer: I also second Tomeygun's site....

And the good thing(or bad) about STL is we basically just have 1 diesel shop, unless you want to drive an extra hour or two. But their top-notch in my book:cheer:

JFlagg said:
I was there too, was definitley the Show-Me state that day:pop: :Cheer: I also second Tomeygun's site....

And the good thing(or bad) about STL is we basically just have 1 diesel shop, unless you want to drive an extra hour or two. But their top-notch in my book:cheer:

BTW - the site really does not get used much. But I use it to send mass emails to the member for events coming up... and thats nice in itself

Tomeygun said:
BTW - the site really does not get used much. But I use it to send mass emails to the member for events coming up... and thats nice in itself
I check out the site nearly everyday.....I have noticed its quiet over there.

Something might be in the works.... I have been to busy with other things as of late but another company and I have been working hard to get a team around, a group probably would not be that far out of the question. I'll have to see what can be done. Jflagg, how are things up in St Louis? You enjoy the belle pull or did you have to get out of there before the big guys ran?

I live in vandalia Illinois. So and have a 2004 350 is there a way i could get in slaps???

Special Dyno Pull Announcement- Featuring VA C5

I was going to wait until Nov. 1st to break the news but this is a good rolling thread so here goes.

Make your plans NOW!!

When: Dec 1 & 2

Where: MCS Midwest Performance Diesel (At the Gray Summit Exit off I-44. That's a couple exits West of Six Flags,... on the South Outer Road, 200yds East and South of the Exit, look on the hill for MCS' facility)

Refreshments will be available as this will be an ALL DAY event for both days.

This is a VERY Special Dyno Pull Event

MCS has partnered with Van Aaken for this event. It will be a two day event and your participation is based on 1st come - 1st Served,.. so call and get scheduled ASAP!!!

When I say special,.. I mean it. You show up for this event with NO power adders (boxes or Down Loaders) on your truck. MCS will install a C5 on your truck. You will get 3 runs on the dyno. The 1st run is your baseline run and it will use the VA C5's factory settings. Then here is the real kicker,.. Van Aaken is sending their Tech Engineer to make software changes on your truck based on it's potential and mods,.. there will be a huge overhead so you can all see every mouse click on how to perform these mods and their tech will be verbalizing all kinds of techniques to accomplish your mod settings.

C5 units and software will be available at a promotional price for this event.

You are NOT obligated to purchase a unit,.. this is a put up or shut up styled event using a Mustang "Dream Breaker" dyno. What you want to keep in mind is that everything is relative and you will see how your truck stacks up to others using the same Power Upgrade. Obviously Van Aaken feels their new C5 will Walk the Walk so bring your truck and learn how to Tune YOUR Truck YOURSELF!!

Call tomorrow and get setup for this unusual event.

636-451-4144

You MUST be prescheduled and prepayed for this event

Cool! Can't wait to see what it will do with my truck! :hehe:

...sorry, couldn't resist. Sounds like a cool event, good luck with it!

OT-OF-Here said:
When I say special,.. I mean it. You show up for this event with NO power adders (boxes or Down Loaders) on your truck. MCS will install a C5 on your truck. You will get 3 runs on the dyno. The 1st run is your baseline run and it will use the VA C5's factory settings. Then here is the real kicker,.. Van Aaken is sending their Tech Engineer to make software changes on your truck based on it's potential and mods,..
Call tomorrow and get setup for this unusual event.
636-451-4144

sounds fun. It would be nice to be able to self tune at home on the PC when you make a change.... BUT the C5 sure has some HUGE shoes to fill to take over for the TST/EZ combos out there

Whats the cost for this event?

GSM-01 said:
Something might be in the works.... I have been to busy with other things as of late but another company and I have been working hard to get a team around, a group probably would not be that far out of the question. I'll have to see what can be done. Jflagg, how are things up in St Louis? You enjoy the belle pull or did you have to get out of there before the big guys ran?
I watched the rest of the class i ran in, but wasn't able to stay and watch the last class. I watched your video you posted here and may have to get some tips on how to do that, I have alot of clips I'd like to compile into a video. All in all I had a blast, went to Bloomsdale and had a blast too.

On this C5 dyno event, am I right in saying the C5 is for CR only? I'll probably go and watch though:pop: :Cheer: Maybe I can talk to Dale though and throw in the Redline and 7x12's and see what that does....

I am one of the original members of Show-Me Smokers. It was strong for a couple of years, but as most things go, people lost interest. I think everyone still owns diesels, and some still compete with them, but the "club" is no longer meeting as a group. I think the only original member that still drags a sled is Jeff.

Oh, for what its worth, Jeremy is now running a Duramax, so all hope is lost for him - he will never amount for anything again.:doh: I'm still praying for him though.:poke:

Thats a shame, Jeremy gave me my first pointers at my first sled pull......And I still smoked the stock clutch......:doh: Now I just smoke my DD:bang

Kevin Cole is pulling and we have a Show-Me sticker on my sons truck.
Jeremy I don,t have the 7x12 back yet I sold the Redline I know I can still use it.
Dale
Smokenstroken send me a PM with you no. We would like to talk about a pull this summer.Gatway Power Challenge we put on benifit events for St Judes and other charities for Kids.
Dale

MCS VA C5 Dyno Event

Tomeygun said:
sounds fun. It would be nice to be able to self tune at home on the PC when you make a change.... BUT the C5 sure has some HUGE shoes to fill to take over for the TST/EZ combos out there

Whats the cost for this event?

Tomeygun,

Pls give Keith a call for specifics at the number provided.

636-451-4144