Sigma Pump

dieselstudent11

Hey guys, I came here because I figured someone would be able to educate me on this thing. I picked it up on craigslist off a guy who was working in Africa and picked up this pump while he was there. I was thinking someone here may be able to tell me what model I have, and how much its worth as a core. I dropped it off at East Coast Diesel and it turns out its a cradle style mounted pump so Im not sure if it could be of use to anyone. Maybe someone here could educate me on this thing. Thanks in advance.
-Drew

untitled.png

sigma2.png

sigma.png

nameplate.png

well ill be damned what numbers can you get off the tag?

I would say if you really want to know if it's useful, call Columbus Diesel Supply. They are the Sigma guys, AFAIK

Chris

That is the same bolt pattern/mounting as the 8cyl Sigma that I have. It is similar to how many A pumps are mounted.
The govenOr housing looks a bit different though.
Like Chris said, Give CDS a call and they should be able to determine its usefulness.

Ok, yeah Im currently waiting on an email from CDS and Hypermax I sent them both some pictures of it but figured Id ask here as well. If this is the same mount as your pump, maybe it is useful after all as I was told its a cradle style mount and it cant be used on a truck.

get ready to be disappointed. I hope you didn't give much for it, but let us know if CDS tells you any differently...

I payed 1500 for it so hopefully I can make my money back if it isnt what people are lookin for

I verified the pump number as the desirable 16mm pump before I purchased it. Although as I'm learning now these are more rare than I thought and no one seems to know much about them at all other than CDS. Hopefully it turns out to be more than a "hunk of aluminum".

i hope all it take is to change the gov section and you have a usuable section.. again i just hope.

The governor housing on mine (the front part) isn't removable like yours but they look similar.

2010-01-15144325.jpg

Last edited:
im tryin to think of what it would of come off of

I think the older komatsu and cummins 30L v12 have dual 6 cylinder inline mechanical injection pumps. One on each side. I'm going to look into that, I'll let you know.

Sent from my HTC Desire HD A9191 using Tapatalk

This is the komatsu, 12v140 in our old WA800 loader. It's an 1865 ci. V12.

Looks very similar to your pump. It's running a blizzard out there right now or I'd get more details off the tag.

d15b6ba1-5002-fab5.jpg

Sent from my HTC Desire HD A9191 using Tapatalk