silver bullet and stock injectors?

Factory housing is bigger than a 14cm. It says .90 A/R which is closer to a 16.5cm.

This speaks to your comment earlier about the vanes being all wrong for our application. Way to restrictive.

You are correct. I thread jacked this off into a tangent about a wheel size. And for that I appologize. However... Since he is using the stock injectors now, why not stay with the stock turbo and run a more aggressive towing file? I mean 1000s of dollars instead of a tune upgrade? It's his money, but I know I would just change the file.

did Doug just say he was SORRY?

Am I confused then???
Doesn't the VGT turbo close the turbine to get the low end boost, (Tight exhaust housing) and then open up as the boost builds?

If you use an external waste gate that is say...too big, won't the turbo tighten up to maintain the boost pressure? (Kinda self correcting, isn't it?)

Chad...find someone who has "Properly balanced" twins for the 6.0L...I wanna try them. (But I gotta be able to pull a heavy trailer too....)

I had a silver bullet and DDP4s on my cummins, for a while, not very responsive when towing probly alot worse with stock injectors maye silver 62,64 or somthing like that i wouldn't tow anything biger than a :15' trailer with silver bullet but maybe a diffrent story with a 6.0

Last edited:
I had a silver bullet and DDP4s on my cummins, for a while, not very responsive when towing probly alot worse with stock injectors maye silver 62,64 or somthing like that i wouldn't tow anything biger than a :15' trailer with silver bullet but maybe a diffrent story with a 6.0

You wouldn't believe the amount of soot on the front, and all the way down the side of my holiday trailer....:st::bang

It may as well have been pine tar...jeez it's hard to remove...

I was thinking either get a set of 4:56 gears, or twins. (I liked the thought of twins the whole time) Still waiting thou...

and to think, a cummins can spool the Silver Bullet easier and quicker.....

How many have tried the silver bullet with the 12cm housing again?

I don't think you can get a silver bullet with a 12cm housing. I think it's just offered in the 14cm housing with 74mm exhaust wheel.

Brett from II had his brother cut one for me. Give him a call. It says .70 A/R on it.

Is the 62/86 wheel different from the one that Jeremy told me on the phone that he was drilling through and putting a nut on the shaft? I believe that someone had measured a 62 wheel they got and it was from the turbo that was on the DT466.

the one i had machined out and put the nut on was a 62/86 from the s300 turbos the one i got from the dt 466 was a 60/82