Single CP3 Shootout, whos gona make it?

We have dyno tuning at the end of the month in Cali.... Bring all pumps and representives.....

come on .....

we can pick and unbiased truck and Marco would like to be an unbiased judge.

really bring it...... you have 2 weeks notice :doh:

John, Shane, buy your plane ticket out here and you can stay at my house, drive my truck, eat my food...

No, you can't have my girlfriend. :)

If Brady isn't still mad at me, he's welcome too.

John, Shane, buy your plane ticket out here and you can stay at my house, drive my truck, eat my food...

No, you can't have my girlfriend. :)

If Brady isn't still mad at me, he's welcome too.

Thank you for steppin up jlibert.
Well, what do ya say guys?

Walley will pay to ship the pumps and you got a free place to stay. Make it happen, a lot of us want to know who's pump's to buy to get our moneys worth. All you guys gota do is get a plane ticket and go.

What's really funny is that NONE of you guys have been honest enough to say, "Along side of being competitive and wanting the sport to grow, I'M DOING THIS TO MAKE SOME MONEY AND PAY THE BILLS"!!!!!

All BS aside, It's that simple!!! "PROFIT" IS NOT A DIRTY WORD!!!!

With the economy the way it is, You guys are competing for $ in a "Shrinking" MOD market!!!

I Wish All of you guys Success because that mean's that We buyers will always have options for our source of products!!!!!!

Now back to the BS!!!! LOL

Dave this is like saying who ever wins this contest is going to be the one to make all the profits. I don't know that profit is what this is all about. Regardless of who has the higher flowing pump, each vendor has their own customer base. Some very loyal, some are not. We as the consumer have many options between the three pump builders in the thread as it is. IMO, if you need 85% more flow out of a pump... you need to have duals anyway.

What this will do to the 2 losing pumps is put them in a light they may not need to be in and cause their profits to fall. I'm sure none of these guys care to see that happen to the others cause there's room for everyone to make a profit. Since we here at the forum likely only make up 1% of their sales... the out come may not mean anything to anyone others than the instigators of the competition.

I'm all for a pump competition as that's what keeps innovation going but, would rather see the out come more like a drag race. Every one patting every one on the back for a great effort and showing.

Maybe this could be a annual competition sponsored by CompD with trophies or awards of some kind :Cheer:

I will admit though... these threads wouldn't be as entertaining without all the in fighting :hehe:

Dave this is like saying who ever wins this contest is going to be the one to make all the profits. I don't know that profit is what this is all about. Regardless of who has the higher flowing pump, each vendor has their own customer base. Some very loyal, some are not. We as the consumer have many options between the three pump builders in the thread as it is. IMO, if you need 85% more flow out of a pump... you need to have duals anyway.

What this will do to the 2 losing pumps is put them in a light they may not need to be in and cause their profits to fall. I'm sure none of these guys care to see that happen to the others cause there's room for everyone to make a profit. Since we here at the forum likely only make up 1% of their sales... the out come may not mean anything to anyone others than the instigators of the competition.

I'm all for a pump competition as that's what keeps innovation going but, would rather see the out come more like a drag race. Every one patting every one on the back for a great effort and showing.

Maybe this could be a annual competition sponsored by CompD with trophies or awards of some kind :Cheer:

I will admit though... these threads wouldn't be as entertaining without all the in fighting :hehe:

The biggest reason for runnin a single vs duals now that duals have become some what affordable is for class rules.

I agree with you that a lot of this is just bragging rights but at the same time, as a comsumer if all pumps cost about the same $ I want the most bang for my buck. If X and Y pump cost the same but X pump flows slightly better that is the pump I want. No doubt this has gotten to the point of mine is better than yours, but still I think a cp3 shootout would be very helpful for the comsumer to pick wich pump he or she should spend their hard earned money on.

Triton, I like that idea. this maybe becomeing an annual thing. All events should come to head, dyno, drags, sled pull, you know all the fun stuff. and that could made a huge showing of modern diesels, that alot of us whould ever see. We all know there will be sides to pick and wars won, as long as everyone plays fair and gits along. Yes I am a Floor It fan, run a stg3, of his and love it. John and I plan on doing alot this winter and I for one, am looking very forward to it. I know the other 2 companys prob have alot of plans too. Great Idea hope someone considers it.

Havent heard much outa you pump guys lately....

Is this showdown ever gona happen????

Check out wickeds page in here. He just posted about a new cp3 in a d max pump that flows 325+ lph. He is still working on one in the dodge pump. Joe

Havent heard much outa you pump guys lately....

Is this showdown ever gona happen????

I would say it's not going to happen.

It's not worth the risk to those involved. If you talk to John or Shane, they'll tell you that they're already working 12+ hour days as is. Why would they want to participate in some test that might compromise that. I wouldn't. It would take work away from one guy, and overload the other guy.

There have already been a couple people that have reported their findings on I.I.'s 85% pump on some other forums.

When it all comes down to it, it really is all about giving the customer what you say you will. Success may be measurable by an abundance of methods, I measure mine by customer satisfaction. I am not going to compromise that for the sake of others. It seems to me that most who root for someone, already have their best product. Instigating a shootout, might make one of those guys feel better if their pump builder wins.

I will be honest, I can barely keep up with demand as it is. Any busier and customer's will be unhappy of the wait period. We have a 2 week lead time right now.

I didn't mean my last comment to seem arrogant, like I would surely beat everyone and get their business. Just stating if I were to get additional business, I couldn't keep up.

Can you point a blind man in the right direction ?

c'mon wally. you posted on one of the threads...

here it is.

http://www.cumminsforum.com/forum/3rd-gen-performance-parts-discussion/92182-dragonslayer-cp3-2.html

There have been a couple other posts, that might take a little time to track down, as well as some others that installed the pump, promised reports, but never reported back.

In contrast to the info above, I did read about 1 guy that says he maintains 26,000 psi all day long with the 85% pump.

c'mon wally. you posted on one of the threads...

here it is.

http://www.cumminsforum.com/forum/3rd-gen-performance-parts-discussion/92182-dragonslayer-cp3-2.html

There have been a couple other posts, that might take a little time to track down, as well as some others that installed the pump, promised reports, but never reported back.

In contrast to the info above, I did read about 1 guy that says he maintains 26,000 psi all day long with the 85% pump.

I don't think Wesley was pointing at the 85% Fireshooter... he was replacing the standard stage II

Thanks for the link anyway....

I don't think Wesley was pointing at the 85% Fireshooter... he was replacing the standard stage II

Thanks for the link anyway....

yeah, maybe not. He called it the dragon######, or something like that.

Fireshooter:hehe:

is that the new name?

I didn't mean my last comment to seem arrogant, like I would surely beat everyone and get their business. Just stating if I were to get additional business, I couldn't keep up.

I doubt anybody took it that way at all. I didn't.