Single pump, SB 66 and 120's = 918/2000 !!!!!

ohh and to the OP: You numbers are full of chit for wheel HP. :) not with 120hp injectors if they are in fact varied to be, 120hp injectors.

ohh and to the OP: You numbers are full of chit for wheel HP. :) not with 120hp injectors if they are in fact varied to be, 120hp injectors.

Funny, you say that, but boasted about your 7xx something with your 64mm, but wait the was on a different dyno not Floor-It's....O. Nevermind.

I see a trend.

Funny, you say that, but boasted about your 7xx something with your 64mm, but wait the was on a different dyno not Floor-It's....O. Nevermind.

I see a trend.

It was on the same type of dyno. 2 different dyno's. The problem with dyno dynamics is the RPM matching (operators...?), the problem with dyno jets is the operators ability to load your truck

One of the most common differences when conducting roll-on power tests on a dyno is in the gear used during the test. Although 4th & 5th gear (depending on tranny)has been the standard, some dyno operators prefer to use a higher gear, and now 6th gear, which can distort comparisons. Power readings recorded in 6th are generally higher than those performed in 5th gear. Generally, the higher the transmission gear, the greater the engine loading and higher the power reading will be. Since the higher gear ratio slows the engine’s acceleration rate, less power is required to accelerate the rotating and reciprocating parts.

Im not trying to argue, and I realize your point about comparisons. However, on my 98 a few years back I tried this. At a much lower power level. In 4th gear, I made 512, then 510 (the truck was a 5 speed...I was in 1:1). I don't recall numbers, but my EGT and boost were both wayyy lower than a street pull. I then re-dyno'ed in 5th, and while my boost was back up close to a street pull (but not quite), I did a 522 then a 521. 10hp diff at ~500hp. Pretty minimal. The videos are actually on you tube somewhere I think, from back in 07 or so.

However, 1:1 is the most efficient gear. Least amount of power loss. Yet, on our trucks, 1:1 usually won't load the truck like a street roll will. At least on the dyno's I've been on.

And all in the 6th gear bro! Gotta dyno 1:1 in any vehicle and that's 5th in yours.

Every dyno I've been to they always dyno in the tallest gear possible to load the motor. I've tried 3rd and 4th in mine and they were within 10hp. Granted mines a freak but dynoing in 6th isn't going to get him 250hp over 5th gear. Ill be on floor its dyno the same time he will be and ill do runs in 3rd and 4th to prove it and get video. If smoke machine is game ill video him doing runs in 5th and 6th.

On edit, I'm skeptical of his numbers as well but I will argue the fact that 5th vs 6th shows a 250hp difference.

Last edited:
Every dyno I've been to they always dyno in the tallest gear possible to load the motor. I've tried 3rd and 4th in mine and they were within 10hp. Granted mines a freak but dynoing in 6th isn't going to get him 250hp over 5th gear. Ill be on floor its dyno the same time he will be and ill do runs in 3rd and 4th to prove it and get video. If smoke machine is game ill video him doing runs in 5th and 6th.

Remember, John "syncs" your RPM via your trucks wheel speed to the dyno's roller speed and that calculates an RPM for the dyno to make up an HP number. He's got to re-sync the dyno to wheel speed/rpm for each gear. Watch and ask him to run from 1600-redline. It will not be "perfect" match, but should be close (it's a ratio after all). It should be correct in the middle of the RPM band and a little off each at the beginning and end.

If this does not occur, your tests are not-valid.

Now, if John picked up a box to pick up RPM some other way, never mind what I typed :)

Remember, John "syncs" your RPM via your trucks wheel speed to the dyno's roller speed and that calculates an RPM for the dyno to make up an HP number. He's got to re-sync the dyno to wheel speed/rpm for each gear. Watch and ask him to run from 1600-redline. It will not be "perfect" match, but should be close (it's a ratio after all). It should be correct in the middle of the RPM band and a little off each at the beginning and end.

If this does not occur, your tests are not-valid.

Now, if John picked up a box to pick up RPM some other way, never mind what I typed :)

Ill be sure to ask when I hit the rollers in a few weeks.

Until you tell him you have a competitor's cp3, then it makes 50hp less with a good amount of n2o than the previous fuel only run. LOL

i'm running a 66 silver bullet, 200hp injectors and wicked stage 3 injectors and i made 780hp uncorrected on fuel

What's a manual vs auto with twins race gunna prove? From a dig most any built auto will walk on me. My trucks built for sled pullin but goin to race in florida for valair

When are you racing your truck? Post up the results, as I'm eager to see them!