Single pump, SB 66 and 120's = 918/2000 !!!!!

First i never said that his truck was dynoing 250hp more in 6th than 5th, in the NV4500 i believe 4th is 1:1 and 5th is .73.

To know your ACTUAL HP you dyno in 1:1 a chassis dyno is susceptible to gearing bias. Recorded power can be affected on a dyno graph by simply running the test car in too low or too high a gear. Dyno operators should pick the trans gear that is closest to a 1:1 ratio to avoid gearing bias. This ratio is 4th gear in most cars. In a 1:1 ratio, the two gears that make up a gear set are the same size. When one is larger than the other, either in a lower gear than 1:1 or a higher gear than 1:1, there are frictional losses that translates to less power put to the wheels. Also, too high of a gear that causes the test car to go to a top speed far greater than the available fan cooling capacity will produce invalid results.

Again, know your application. in a dodge, 6th gear, 3600rpm is only 130mph. 6th in a corvette is well over 200 in double OD.

On a dyno jet the boost gained with 6th over a longer period of time vs 5th with potentially less boost will over come the minor loss in gearing.

Few other key points:

1. What gear does Dunbar use? Isn't he the endall of dyno's?
2. Its rare to hear folks dyno a diesel truck in 1:1, so who cares?
3. we are measuring WHEEL HORSEPOWER. No one uses OD at the track? lol. I'm in 6th at the 1/8th :)
4. An eddy current dyno "shouldn't need" 6th.

Thbat's right...I can change what I want.
You already said you were gonna try your 120's first so what doesx it matter.

I'll be in Florida for the SS race too.
Wanna race my black truck ? I know it makes less than 900 hp....whadda ya got to lose?

That wasn't you I ran on 290 west of Houston a few weeks ago was it?
I remember a truck like yours, in my rearview mirror. LOL

Yea, your about as cool as a hand job on your honeymoon.

Great....another guy that needs to make a name for himself by calling out a staff member.
If I was home and had been at work all day I might be in a bad mood and give a phuck. As it is I'm in the Caribbean with a drink in my hand and couldn;t possibly care less about you.

Have fun....

Great....another guy that needs to make a name for himself by calling out a staff member.
If I was home and had been at work all day I might be in a bad mood and give a phuck. As it is I'm in the Caribbean with a drink in my hand and couldn;t possibly care less about you.

Have fun....

No need for names. IDC if it was a staff member or not saying the dumbchit you were saying I woulda made fun of them. Guess it makes you feel important to refer to yourself as a staff member...guess thats kinda obvious since you in the caribbean and are sitting at the computer...? Well enjoy the room staff member.

Calling out a guy claiming a bogus 900+ hp for a race is saying dumb sh!t ?
No...I'm gonna prove to the guy that he's wrong.

Staff member, moderator...whatever makes you happy.
I'll play with you untill I get bored....then only one of us will be able to log on.
Funny how that works. LOL

No, he made this thread asking a real question and he wasn't the one to point out his dyno numbers. So I don't think it was right to start that chit in here. Aww so because I hurt your feelings you ban me? If you ban me just cause you can't handle a little sarcasm, then so be it, but all youll do is show how much of a baby you are.

No, he made this thread asking a real question and he wasn't the one to point out his dyno numbers. So I don't think it was right to start that chit in here. Aww so because I hurt your feelings you ban me? If you ban me just cause you can't handle a little sarcasm, then so be it, but all youll do is show how much of a baby you are.

He changed his question, genius. Said he was gonna try his current injectors instead. Given that fact...the thread didn't really matter anymore.
AND....I don't care what you think. :D

And if I ban someone it's definitely not becuase I'm a baby....it's for my own personal amusement. There's a difference. :poke:

The guy was asking for it when he threw out his numbers, and said his truck is a bit of a "freak." 250 hp more then anyone else takes more then a guy who just got a blow job on the Cummins assembly line.

He never changed his question, he said he was gunna try the 120's first. I just don't get why that made it ok or cool to come and talk his truck down and talk yours up. And further more why in the HE!! are you on the computer when your in the Caribbean?

The guy was asking for it when he threw out his numbers, and said his truck is a bit of a "freak." 250 hp more then anyone else takes more then a guy who just got a blow job on the Cummins assembly line.

He never threw his numbers out...someone else did.

ok so he put them in his sig... So of course it was questioned. He still never answered my question about hp on someone elses dyno.. Rich wasn't telling the guy how bad ass his own truck was. Just that it takes a hell of a lot more then what this guy has, to do it.

Except cam all that, IC and some other stuff. I don't remember everything. SW 9 tq 4 timing 2 rp1. Stock rp with no box adding it

Last edited: