Single pump, SB 66 and 120's = 918/2000 !!!!!

His #'s are skewed, and again I never said dynoing in 6th was netting him a 250hp increase nor was that what I was gettiing at. If people don't want to dyno in the correct gear to see there actual HP and would rather make them selves feel better by seeing a # inflated by a higher gear ratio then everybody go ahead. This about being true to yourself and others.

:hehe: :hehe: Im out my head hurts and I've got the flu! FML

Umm, it doesn't matter the gear or ratio. It's power at the wheels. The wheel's don't know, nor care how that power is transmitted to them. Could be freaking rat on a wheel running really fukking fast.

Umm, it doesn't matter the gear or ratio. It's power at the wheels. The wheel's don't know, nor care how that power is transmitted to them. Could be freaking rat on a wheel running really fukking fast.
lol thats sig worthy right there, that must be a super rat, like master splinter status.

Incredibly wrong

why would the fact that me trying to figure out the same deal with the fishy number that me making a statement as a smarta$$ would make me wrong obviously if he is not on :nos: and all he has is what he stated then he must have some crazy rigged up tune to get those number cause it dont add up

This thread is like realty TV, starts out good then goes right down the toilet!

To the OP I say sorry for all the bashing you have received. I would like to think they are all better people "come off different" in person.

Dynos? Who really cares what they say, they all say something different each time.

The things that tell you strait up about your truck are the track and/or the sled. Everything else is irrelevant.

True if your on a load cell dyno, Not true if your on a dyno measuring acceleration. Take a dynojet for example a dynojet mathematically creates a HP number based on mass which is the known weight of the rollers and how fast the vehicle accelerates the rollers mass.

The lower the gear the higher the acceleration which causes force to go up.

By dynoing the car in the gear closest to the 1:1, you eliminate acceleration advantage or disadvantage caused by the tranny and that will skew wheel HP.

Now on a load cell this is different (and I do apologize if the OP was on a load cell dyno) it uses a load cell to measure roll force which is the amount of force the tire is placing on the roller. Based on roll force and the radius arm going to the load cell you get roll torque. Roll torque + roll speed = vehicle HP, HP + RPM = vehicle torque.

So yes on a load cell it doesn't matter what gear you are in because they measuring force not acceleration, force does not change from gear to gear.

Now where's my soup and meds

True if your on a load cell dyno, Not true if your on a dyno measuring acceleration. Take a dynojet for example a dynojet mathematically creates a HP number based on mass which is the known weight of the rollers and how fast the vehicle accelerates the rollers mass.

By dynoing the car in the gear closest to the 1:1, you eliminate acceleration advantage or disadvantage caused by the tranny and that will skew wheel HP.

Now on a load cell this is different (and I do apologize if the OP was on a load cell dyno) it uses a load cell to measure roll force which is the amount of force the tire is placing on the roller. Based on roll force and the radius arm going to the load cell you get roll torque. Roll torque + roll speed = vehicle HP, HP + RPM = vehicle torque.

So yes on a load cell it doesn't matter what gear you are in because they measuring force not acceleration, force does not change from gear to gear.

Hmmm. I get where you are going, but i think you are leaving the time part of the equation out. Lets say in 6th gear, your wheel speed is 70-120mph on a pull. So say you are accelerating 8K lb (drum weight) from 70-120mph wheel speed, in 5 seconds. In 5th gear, lets say 50-90mph, and you can make the same pull quicker since you have a gear reduction advantage (say 4sec). Yeah, you accelerated the roller a greater delta in 6th, BUT...over a longer period of time. Hp is a work rate, work done with respect to time. Even if you are doing more work, if it takes a longer time, no more hp is produced. Period.

Again...if this were true comparing my truck to a stock truck with 4.10's would be DRASTIC.

I agree the OP's numbers are inflated, but why flame HIM??? its not like its his dyno. He paid someone else to use their equipment. If he only made 400, everyone would be on here telling him something is wrong with his truck, and not blaming it on the dyno.

Hmmm. I get where you are going, but i think you are leaving the time part of the equation out. Lets say in 6th gear, your wheel speed is 70-120mph on a pull. So say you are accelerating 8K lb (drum weight) from 70-120mph wheel speed, in 5 seconds. In 5th gear, lets say 50-90mph, and you can make the same pull quicker since you have a gear reduction advantage (say 4sec). Yeah, you accelerated the roller a greater delta in 6th, BUT...over a longer period of time. Hp is a work rate, work done with respect to time. Even if you are doing more work, if it takes a longer time, no more hp is produced. Period.

Again...if this were true comparing my truck to a stock truck with 4.10's would be DRASTIC.

I agree the OP's numbers are inflated, but why flame HIM??? its not like its his dyno. He paid someone else to use their equipment. If he only made 400, everyone would be on here telling him something is wrong with his truck, and not blaming it on the dyno.

LOL dude I don't build the dynos I just roll on top of them :)

I still disagree that it matters if you're trying to gauge the performance of your vehicle. You're dynoing against a constant, shouldn't matter the gearing. No car or truck runs the same size tire and gearing. they all try to move that same constant as fast as they can. someone with 4.11's will move it faster then a 3.73's. with the same trans ratio, same flywheel output... Unless there's a turbo load issue.

Ask any dyno operators, the main reason they wish to dyno in lower gears is because bad things get worse at 200mph :) Now the big fan air flow is another good point. However as far as dyno events are concerned, having huge fan up front is not the norm. I didn't recall there being one at TS in the summer last year and John certainly doesn't bring one with.

I still disagree that it matters if you're trying to gauge the performance of your vehicle. You're dynoing against a constant, shouldn't matter the gearing. No car or truck runs the same size tire and gearing. they all try to move that same constant as fast as they can. someone with 4.11's will move it faster then a 3.73's. with the same trans ratio, same flywheel output... Unless there's a turbo load issue.

Ask any dyno operators, the main reason they wish to dyno in lower gears is because bad things get worse at 200mph :) Now the big fan air flow is another good point. However as far as dyno events are concerned, having huge fan up front is not the norm. I didn't recall there being one at TS in the summer last year and John certainly doesn't bring one with.

Guess your dyno operators are just scared :hehe: We have seen wheel speed close to 180mph on the trucks. That's not the reason why they are dynoing in a lower gear.

And multiple cars over 200mph :)

Same car same HP one with 3.73's one with 4.10's who gets the jump and accelerates faster?

Take the same two cars and put them on a dynojet the car with the 4.10's will dyno more on that style dyno.

But I'll agree to disagree, besides

"Dyno's are for show, Time slips are for the dough"

I'm not blaming the OP for how he got his numbers...I'm accusing him of claiming impossible numbers and refusing to admit there's no way in hell his combo can produce those numbers.
Bullsh!t doesn't go very far around here.

I agree I think something is weird, but he may lay down some sick #'s on dumbars dyno and shut us all up.

For the record the reason I started checking into dyno info was my switch to 3.73's in my pro street truck and saw a increase in HP on a dynojet.

Peace my brothers I'm out!

I agree I think something is weird, but he may lay down some sick #'s on dumbars dyno and shut us all up.

For the record the reason I started checking into dyno info was my switch to 3.73's in my pro street truck and saw a increase in HP on a dynojet.

revgain.... that's why :)

Hey there's any easy way to settle this. John, you'll be in Florida for the SS race. Well so will dunbars dyno correct? The only way to prove the doubters wrong is to dyno on his.

" if it didn't happen on dunbars it didn't happen!"

I'm with this guy, put it on dunbars dyno! Heck I'll pitch in $5 and I'm sure enough others will also pitch in to get you a free run on dunbars dyno? How about it guys?

There's only one way to find out. I am just curious now!

Last edited:
Guess your dyno operators are just scared :hehe: We have seen wheel speed close to 180mph on the trucks. That's not the reason why they are dynoing in a lower gear.

And multiple cars over 200mph :)

Same car same HP one with 3.73's one with 4.10's who gets the jump and accelerates faster?

Take the same two cars and put them on a dynojet the car with the 4.10's will dyno more on that style dyno.

But I'll agree to disagree, besides

"Dyno's are for show, Time slips are for the dough"

Now you are contradicting the crap outta yourself bro. You said the reason his truck made too much hp was because he ran 6th gear...higher gear, taller than 5th. Now you are saying a car with 4.10's will make more hp than a car with 3.73's, lower gear?

I get it now. Makes complete sense. :hehe:

What's the hp calculator say in comparison to what you've seen on a dyno?

I'm not blaming the OP for how he got his numbers...I'm accusing him of claiming impossible numbers and refusing to admit there's no way in hell his combo can produce those numbers.
Bullsh!t doesn't go very far around here.

im glad someone said that...i agree...................take it down the quarter mile, that will say it all...

I read all of this, and I'm ready for the test! Just sayin.