Single turbo for 1000hp 6.7 daily driver.

RonA

Looking for a single turbo that would be good for daily driving, some light towing(under 10k) and an occasional trip to the track.

GTX4708r with Precision .96 T4 Turbine housing (Give or take $4000)

Or

Comp Triplex Ceramic BB CT5X - 7887 - 78/87/1.00 T4 If I remember right they're right around $2300

Still looking for more opinion on the 100 trim of the turbine wheels though but they claim to be just as fast if not faster than the GTX (Their words)

Even though you like ball bearing turbos, I've been told that Borg has a new 7 blade staggered FMW 72 wheel and a bigger race cover, Coupled with a 87 turbine wheel. It has surpassed the 1k hp mark. Out flows and is lighter than most 75mm wheels.
T$ should be able to tell you more.

Even though you like ball bearing turbos, I've been told that Borg has a new 7 blade staggered FMW 72 wheel and a bigger race cover, Coupled with a 87 turbine wheel. It has surpassed the 1k hp mark. Out flows and is lighter than most 75mm wheels.
T$ should be able to tell you more.

Does it tow well?

Why a single Ron? You know you'll probably have to change converters n stuff too, right?

GTX4708r with Precision .96 T4 Turbine housing (Give or take $4000)

Or

Comp Triplex Ceramic BB CT5X - 7887 - 78/87/1.00 T4 If I remember right they're right around $2300

Still looking for more opinion on the 100 trim of the turbine wheels though but they claim to be just as fast if not faster than the GTX (Their words)

All of this

Sent from my fphone

I can't see being happy with a 1000hp capable charger towing 10k. Hot, Hot, Hot. Oh yeah the other thing...HOT!

Might be easier to buy a dedicated tow vehicle, go back to twins, or lower hp goal.

Ron are even asking for your square body or is this for something else? Your a CompD icon with that ole truck with the big Garretts, don't change it unless its something better.

Sent from my fphone

Back