SMARTY DEFUELING ON 07''s ISSUE.

Defueling

guys does anybody know when and if, bob and or marco are ever going to address the defueling problem on the 07's,im a fan of the smarty, its just i want something that fuels up to its rev limiter like it supposed to do, and doesnt defuel and flatten all my power out.i hear there coming out with more tune's.you would think they would fix the problem's that exist on tunes that have been out for sometime now.does anybody think that its a lost cause and will never be done, and to just move on to another DL.

Defueling isn't a problem for Smarty. They give you adjustments for you to best match your fueling to the air capactity of the turbo, intercooler, intake and exhaust you are running. Defueling is a function of the design of the ecm and it is a built in safeguard for your engine. If your truck is defueling you have choices. Turn the box or downloader down to match your air,..... run smaller injectors,....concentrate on fuel volume over fuel pressure,..... run less restrictive intake and exhaust,..... run less boost,....... run lower drive pressure etc etc. It's a basic formula that is true with no matter what you run,... you must match your fuel to air and your egts will guide you. Too high and the truck will defuel.

i talk to bob month's ago and there is a defueling issue with the 07's.he knows that and so does marco.thats why hes addressing the problem in may.as far as matching like you said. well lack of air isnt it twins.and you said smaller injectors, well i only have 90's.you said less restrictive exhaust and intake, im straight piped with the intake BD gave me for the twins.and boost is fine 60psi.if you look back at some previous posts there a member that said that my dyno graph looks like every 07 that hes ever seen. triton is the only one that doesnt seem to have an issue.remember it came out of the horses mouth.thanks for some info anyway.

i asked him today, in the cummins forum. his reply was "you know the answer" what ever that meant.i also see a good number of people bashing him in all forum's and also never chimed in.i wish he would answer question's in a intelligent manor, and with some knowledge. i really have to question what this guy really know's.and then today on cummins forum neel came in and said my BULLY DOG fuel's to 3900rpm's,bob emidiately replied can you prove it with a dyno graph lol.

Now you know he can't give away any secrets :hehe:

The answer is he is afraid too. He doesn't know. He has to go to Marco to get the answers.

What are you looking to do? More speed or just a higher defueling rate, or both???

I'm not going to run you now with 342's

Defueling isn't a problem for Smarty. They give you adjustments for you to best match your fueling to the air capactity of the turbo, intercooler, intake and exhaust you are running. Defueling is a function of the design of the ecm and it is a built in safeguard for your engine. If your truck is defueling you have choices. Turn the box or downloader down to match your air,..... run smaller injectors,....concentrate on fuel volume over fuel pressure,..... run less restrictive intake and exhaust,..... run less boost,....... run lower drive pressure etc etc. It's a basic formula that is true with no matter what you run,... you must match your fuel to air and your egts will guide you. Too high and the truck will defuel.

I second Mulisha's findings there is definatley a defueling issue on the 07 5.9's. I also agree when he says bob and marco know about it.

Who knows when it will be fixed:bang Thats why I bought another product

Not bashing just saying.

yeh well, he told me MAY.so ill call him again at the end of that month, and if nothing is done by then i will no longer support smarty, and will be purchasing the BDTD.

We will be in California when Erick Browns engine is ready to go. I have no idea of the date. Marco needs to see the issue first hand to be able to find a fix.

Thanks

so much for may:bs:.who wants to bet me on how long this is gonna take.

If this is the case are there trouble codes being set?

trouble codes

If this is the case are there trouble codes being set?

I haven't had any but IMO the reason is I have always run a TST and I have it set at 1500. The 1500 was NEVER an issue and neither was defueling with the twins I ran. It's a different story with this single. I'm certain I will have to go bigger although for on the street this thing is a slingshot right now with my 62/65/13ss.

Sorry but I still don't buy this is an '07 issue only. For the reasons I previously stated it can be an issue for any year especially a 3rd gen. I also don't agree that your 60 psi isn't an issue. That's a bunch of boost and I've been there and more myself but my truck never ran better than with 52psi. Excessive boost translates to heat. If you want clarity on this issue then call Dave at HTT as he can give you a much better explanation than I.

Mulisha,...hope I spelled that right,... what turbo, lift pump, lift pump pressure and what cp3/s are you running? I believe I recall FloorIt John pointing out the heat from insufficient fuel upon heavy demand at wot. It's a whole package deal right from the tank on. I recall thinking I had all the bases covered and then discovered that early on I had neglected my pickup tube and that oem one is like a soda straw,..not good.

My point is that after 4 years of finally getting my collective self together and getting ALL the bases covered then problems like defueling were NO longer an issue at all and I just suspect that something has been overlooked. I've been wrong many times and I may be again. I'm confident Marco will be able to shed the appropriate light. Good luck with your truck.

my mods are FASS,ARP'S,INTERCOOLER,DDP 90'S,R700 TWINS,FLOOR IT STAGE 3,SMARTY TNT,EXHAUST,SPRINGS,MP-8,WATER/METH,HTS,and some other bolt on's.ABOUT 700HP WORTH.AND A 12.2. WHAT DO YOU THINK

I haven't had any but IMO the reason is I have always run a TST and I have it set at 1500. The 1500 was NEVER an issue and neither was defueling with the twins I ran. It's a different story with this single. I'm certain I will have to go bigger although for on the street this thing is a slingshot right now with my 62/65/13ss.

Sorry but I still don't buy this is an '07 issue only. For the reasons I previously stated it can be an issue for any year especially a 3rd gen. I also don't agree that your 60 psi isn't an issue. That's a bunch of boost and I've been there and more myself but my truck never ran better than with 52psi. Excessive boost translates to heat. If you want clarity on this issue then call Dave at HTT as he can give you a much better explanation than I.

Mulisha,...hope I spelled that right,... what turbo, lift pump, lift pump pressure and what cp3/s are you running? I believe I recall FloorIt John pointing out the heat from insufficient fuel upon heavy demand at wot. It's a whole package deal right from the tank on. I recall thinking I had all the bases covered and then discovered that early on I had neglected my pickup tube and that oem one is like a soda straw,..not good.

My point is that after 4 years of finally getting my collective self together and getting ALL the bases covered then problems like defueling were NO longer an issue at all and I just suspect that something has been overlooked. I've been wrong many times and I may be again. I'm confident Marco will be able to shed the appropriate light. Good luck with your truck.

I agree. . . . . . . . with the RIGHT setup everything works in harmony.

my mods are FASS,ARP'S,INTERCOOLER,DDP 90'S,R700 TWINS,FLOOR IT STAGE 3,SMARTY TNT,EXHAUST,SPRINGS,MP-8,WATER/METH,HTS,and some other bolt on's.ABOUT 700HP WORTH.AND A 12.2. WHAT DO YOU THINK

MMMMMM I've heard the Meth injection pukes pistons.

i only run 80/20 steve. been for almost 2 years now with nothing but success.

so much for may:bs:.who wants to bet me on how long this is gonna take.

Keep poking me is not the right way.

May is the date today and it should happen in May if the truck is together.

Matt will have his 07 available when the date is set.

I am trying to do my best until the this happens.

If you think any other please shoot me a call or pm.

Thanks

i only run 80/20 steve. been for almost 2 years now with nothing but success.

You may have some crispy critters pluggin up and down by now. . . LOL

You should have had that running when I chased you up 517 :hehe:

But alas. . those days are over. . . I'm tuning down to save the trans so I can KICK YER BUTT! :hehe: :hehe:

I'll wait until after May for ya though. I wanna see this.

Keep poking me is not the right way.

May is the date today and it should happen in May if the truck is together.

Matt will have his 07 available when the date is set.

I am trying to do my best until the this happens.

If you think any other please shoot me a call or pm.

Thanks

How soon after this round of testing will a S-06 release take? I'm planning on dynoing my new setup around may when the winter fuel is out and day time temps are in the 60's. It would really be a drag to pay for a few hours of dyno time to only have a new piece of software come out a week later.

It sucks that your timing isn't a month or two earlier, before any season stuff starts so folks have plenty of time to dial in.

How soon after this round of testing will a S-06 release take? I'm planning on dynoing my new setup around may when the winter fuel is out and day time temps are in the 60's. It would really be a drag to pay for a few hours of dyno time to only have a new piece of software come out a week later.

It sucks that your timing isn't a month or two earlier, before any season stuff starts so folks have plenty of time to dial in.

MADS is tied up with the release of the S67 so that's why the delay. They've been trying to get the bugs out of it

Wagner could have told you that. . .

i will be dynoing my 07 again this saturday with the new setup. arson III, ddp 100's, ii silver bullet 66 and everything i had before. i will post another graph as soon as i get home from the event. i am just worried about it not getting spooled completely before defueling