SMARTY DEFUELING ON 07''s ISSUE.

I have a good feeling it will get done soon. I'll drive my truck up there on a few hours notice and I am sure Marco will get it dialed. Swithing tuners is a mistake and threatening to do so is not going to make it happen any faster.

The 6.7 tune rocks.

here you go mulisha ..... not quite the same are they ??? I'll be expecting that $100 in the mail. Dave said the computer cut off the higher rpm scale because they usually don't dyno that high. As you can see..... NO drop from defuel.... just a slight decline for hp.

My truck will do more but, I had my MP-8 disconnected.

It's working it's way to 3750rpm's and still over 500hp

dyno.jpg

I don't get how you don't see how you power is totally flatlined. You must have seen many other graphs that the power climbs well beyond where you are. BHaner who posted earlier runs big HP. I think he is used to running in the 900's in previous years. Similar mods in an 07 and he is way down in numbers. Maybe he will post again because I forget.

Don't take just my word for it. When I sent my graph to Mads which looks like yours, they noticed it right away:

From Stefano:
"The rev. limiter we turned off allows the engine to reach 4000 RPM, but the torque management is obviously still on"

Here is just one example of a graph from another board and it looks nothing like yours. Look at the difference in the graph from between 2565rpms-3590rpm on his and yours in the same rpm range. What a difference. He is not hitting the wall. The good news you might be leaving some power on the table.:rockwoot:

attachment.php

Last edited:
i agree high rpm.and POLARCO why do you insist on making up story's about you running me down on roads i dont travel on.i really dont get it, you do this every week.you have a slow 6.7 that probally runs in the `15's somewhere.if you havent noticed by now, im close to 12.0. at 700hp.you do all this talking, and never race at island ever when we are there, which is every friday remember.you say you race people all the time , yet nobody has seen you at all.also how do you detune a truck that only has 400 hp lol.please make up story's about someone else.

Last edited:
I have a good feeling it will get done soon. I'll drive my truck up there on a few hours notice and I am sure Marco will get it dialed. Swithing tuners is a mistake and threatening to do so is not going to make it happen any faster.

The 6.7 tune rocks.

Is that statement an official statement of the "Bob Wagner mafia"

I know they are working on the 6.7 first. Makes business sense to finally get something out. However, if there are going to be changes finalized for the 5.9 to make things better, it would be nice to know and have a heads up to "hold on" a little longer.

i agree high rpm.and POLARCO why do you insist on making up story's about you running me down on roads i dont travel on.i really dont get it, you do this every week.you have a slow 6.7 that probally runs in the `15's somewhere.if you havent noticed by now, im close to 12.0. at 700hp.you do all this talking, and never race at island ever when we are there, which is every friday remember.you say you race people all the time , yet nobody has seen you at all.also how do you detune a truck that only has 400 hp lol.please make up story's about someone else.

I have dudes like this in my town also all:blahblah1::blahblah1:and never any:tree::st:

I haven't had any but IMO the reason is I have always run a TST and I have it set at 1500. The 1500 was NEVER an issue and neither was defueling with the twins I ran. It's a different story with this single. I'm certain I will have to go bigger although for on the street this thing is a slingshot right now with my 62/65/13ss.

Sorry but I still don't buy this is an '07 issue only. For the reasons I previously stated it can be an issue for any year especially a 3rd gen. I also don't agree that your 60 psi isn't an issue. That's a bunch of boost and I've been there and more myself but my truck never ran better than with 52psi. Excessive boost translates to heat. If you want clarity on this issue then call Dave at HTT as he can give you a much better explanation than I.

My truck acted the same as yours on the boost numbers.

Mulisha,...hope I spelled that right,... what turbo, lift pump, lift pump pressure and what cp3/s are you running? I believe I recall FloorIt John pointing out the heat from insufficient fuel upon heavy demand at wot. It's a whole package deal right from the tank on. I recall thinking I had all the bases covered and then discovered that early on I had neglected my pickup tube and that oem one is like a soda straw,..not good.

My point is that after 4 years of finally getting my collective self together and getting ALL the bases covered then problems like defueling were NO longer an issue at all and I just suspect that something has been overlooked. I've been wrong many times and I may be again. I'm confident Marco will be able to shed the appropriate light. Good luck with your truck.

I have been through the same thing and totally agree! If there is a defueling problem due to something/programing/parameters going out of range in the ECM there will be trouble code and if not start looking for other stuff and leave Bob alone until all the other bases have been WELL covered. Maybe the 07 fuel injection system (mainly the cp3) is not what the older trucks were and needs mods...just my$.02

Can't stand having yer balz busted or something? Come on Mike. . . Thanks allot! How long have we been doing this. There is no doubt you are fast. No way can I stack 400 to 700 HP and you know it. Last fall I wasn't anywhere near ready as I am now.

I don't do tracks. Where did I say I was doing tracks. You and I use the same track. The last time I was at Island was the first in 30 years. My butt kicking is impulsive Street and I do well at it. I'm deprogramming before I rip a tansmission out. :bang

Sheeesh You're both readin into things.

We'll see what the Dyno does. I still think you are going to be surprised

Last edited:
hey polarco, just like i said you dont even know who you are talking to AGAIN.MY NAME ISNT MIKE. AND I DONT TRAVEL DOWN THE ROADS YOU SAID YOU HAVE SEEN ME ON.:bang:bang:bang:bang:bang:bang:bang

Is that statement an official statement of the "Bob Wagner mafia"

I know they are working on the 6.7 first. Makes business sense to finally get something out. However, if there are going to be changes finalized for the 5.9 to make things better, it would be nice to know and have a heads up to "hold on" a little longer.

As Bob and Mads have said it requires them to look at a truck that is having the issue. There must not be a 5.9 07 near Marco in Italy or I am sure he would have taken a look. Since he will be out soon (Hopefuly May) they agreed to look at my truck.

Remember this is not Marcos fault and I am sure DC did something in the 07 ECM, maybe for emmisions or who knows, I certainly don't. I feel like it is getting handled in the fastest manner they can.

"Smarty Cult" "Wagner Gang" There's a bunch of them

Polaraco

What is your problem exactly? Why are your trolling around boards looking for fights? Getting banned from CF and still looking for trouble. Nothing better to do?

I don't get how you don't see how you power is totally flatlined. You must have seen many other graphs that the power climbs well beyond where you are. BHaner who posted earlier runs big HP. I think he is used to running in the 900's in previous years. Similar mods in an 07 and he is way down in numbers. Maybe he will post again because I forget.

Don't take just my word for it. When I sent my graph to Mads which looks like yours, they noticed it right away:

From Stefano:
"The rev. limiter we turned off allows the engine to reach 4000 RPM, but the torque management is obviously still on"

Here is just one example of a graph from another board and it looks nothing like yours. Look at the difference in the graph from between 2565rpms-3590rpm on his and yours in the same rpm range. What a difference. He is not hitting the wall. The good news you might be leaving some power on the table.:rockwoot:

attachment.php

he sure looks to have hit a wall before 4K though which is what is in question. Different dynos will show different results too.

I'm no dyno expert but, my graph shows it hitting the max hp ( in the power band ) and a smooth steady decline from there continuing to fuel and hold decent power on it's way to 4K. I asked Dunbar if where the lines stop is where it quit fueling. He said NO that the computer wasn't set up to show the graph go that high and that in his opinion was still going.

Obviously there's problems with so many complaining about it and I can understand that if you're a puller. On the track..... I get plenty of power out of it and doubt even if it did fuel to 4500rpms, it would help.

No one will ever be happy with what's available. If they get Smarty to 5K rpm's.... people will want 5500K.

Out of curiosity..... what is it that everyone is looking for these programmers to do ? Are you expecting to hit max HP and for it to stay there all the way out to 4K or more ? Is that even possible..... without a nice window ?

According to Cummins specs.... theses motors have a over rev tolerance to 4200rpms. Pushing that envelope is totally asking for huge damage without some bottom end armor.

he sure looks to have hit a wall before 4K though which is what is in question. Different dynos will show different results too.

I'm no dyno expert but, my graph shows it hitting the max hp ( in the power band ) and a smooth steady decline from there continuing to fuel and hold decent power on it's way to 4K. I asked Dunbar if where the lines stop is where it quit fueling. He said NO that the computer wasn't set up to show the graph go that high and that in his opinion was still going.

Obviously there's problems with so many complaining about it and I can understand that if you're a puller. On the track..... I get plenty of power out of it and doubt even if it did fuel to 4500rpms, it would help.

No one will ever be happy with what's available. If they get Smarty to 5K rpm's.... people will want 5500K.

Out of curiosity..... what is it that everyone is looking for these programmers to do ? Are you expecting to hit max HP and for it to stay there all the way out to 4K or more ? Is that even possible..... without a nice window ?

According to Cummins specs.... theses motors have a over rev tolerance to 4200rpms. Pushing that envelope is totally asking for huge damage without some bottom end armor.

As a manual driver, I want more RPM's to have more time to shift. more RPM's help spool the turbo quicker as well, so on shifts I can recover quicker.

My hope is to stop making peak power so early and build up to a similar powerband as this graph. I personally don't need the eninge to spin to 4000. I just want it to fuel longer. I get the same exact defuel issue with the TNT and the TNT-R.

I guess we just wait and see.

As a manual driver, I want more RPM's to have more time to shift. more RPM's help spool the turbo quicker as well, so on shifts I can recover quicker.

x2, auto guys dont realize it as much as us 6speed guys do, we need every last bit of RPM's we can get to keep the boost up.

x2, auto guys dont realize it as much as us 6speed guys do, we need every last bit of RPM's we can get to keep the boost up.

I honestly think the Smarty isn't totally written for 6 speed trucks, unless it's the plain REVO on stock sticks. Spool isn't an issue, but it comes with alot of smoke with bigger sticks.

The powerfull trucks that are manuals, can care less, they are sledpulling trucks. big deal if there's a little smoke there right?

I'm close to 700hp, and poop moves fast with that 1000rpm I have to grab gears. I would love to have full fuel at 3800rpm-ish and grab gears then. especially in 3rd and 4th gear. Sometimes tho, even with the mp8 off, you'll get an RPM hang.

the peddle is just to sensitive. the throttle input percentages need to be reversed I think. Feather light touch and you can smoke an entire road, even at 60mph. but once your going 80-90, you can be very detailed with throttle input to spool and move faster with minimal smoke....

and my Torque management is on stock, if I could, I'd love to add more management in under 60mph. If that is what i'm describing here with peddle sensitivity.

my 04.5 starts to shut down at 3400-ish rpm. EGT's and boost drop from 50 to 42, and 1600 to 1100 after 115mph and up with a on road limit of 129mph and 3600rpm.

all im looking for the smarty to do is fuel to 3500rpm's, i dont have the TNT-R and dont wanna go to 4k, no need for me.but it cuts out at around 3,000 3100rpm's.i can even feel it happen, now that i know what to look for.this has been an issue since day 1, on the 07's.its all about money.

Hmmm!

my mods are FASS,ARP'S,INTERCOOLER,DDP 90'S,R700 TWINS,FLOOR IT STAGE 3,SMARTY TNT,EXHAUST,SPRINGS,MP-8,WATER/METH,HTS,and some other bolt on's.ABOUT 700HP WORTH.AND A 12.2. WHAT DO YOU THINK

That's a bunch. I am assuming you have the plumbing right and the hosing too on your fuel delivery.

Please realize this is MY opinion and is based on the fact "been there and done that"! Also b-4 I get into this I will say I think John makes the best modded cp3 out there,.. he was 1st and he is best!

Having said the above, I preferred the dual cp3s to single any day. If for NO other reason than it works half as hard to do the same thing and over time that will mean alot to the longevity of your high pressure system. Next,... I know a lot of guys swear by a 150gph Fass and A-Dog. Again, .... I ran those and have run a Mitusa Gusher and there is NO comparison on fuel delivery. It is absolutely kick ARSE! What I'm saying here about your setup is it is very good but it could be considerably better. If you're at 12.2 now then you would be looking at high to mid 11's without NOS. That is humming.

My comments were meant as constructive and hopefully you took it that way.

Pat

yes very well said pat.i try to listen to every body, i have lots to learn still.im only running the 95/150 FASS also.