Smarty vs XRT vs PMT

WYODSL

Im looking at getting a 6.7 and was wondering which tuner would be best for a 6.7ltr out of the choices listed above. Smarty has been released and there have been beta versions out for awhile now for some "in the know".......so lets keep it clean I'm just looking for advise.

I don't plan on doing much to the truck of course intake, exhaust and air dog but other then that I'm not looking at much more. Thanks for your help.

Smarty due to customer service and option of upgrading programs for free via web.

I have H&S XRT and love it. Smooth power gains with no problems. Plus H&S has 170 and 230 tunes now available for dpf deleted trucks.

XRT has internet updates as well. theres a 6.7 with an XRT on it in my driveway right now.....0 problems and H&S has some damn good customer service.

Im looking at getting a 6.7 myself. If I do, its gonna get an H&S 5" turbo back and Smarty. H&S seems to have some cool stuff also, so Im not knocking them, but judging the Smarty from my 5.9, thats all Ill run on a 6.7.

The PMT seems to be typical crap from Bullydog. Seems to be alot of guys unhappy with theirs. Numerous issues and a lack of power. Basically its just a $1000 digital gauge...

I have H&S XRT and love it. Smooth power gains with no problems. Plus H&S has 170 and 230 tunes now available for dpf deleted trucks.

hs tunes are to be coming, 120 hp is there top claim as of today. apples to apples.

Thanks

hs tunes are to be coming, 120 hp is there top claim as of today. apples to apples.

Thanks

On Friday, I will be dyno testing H&S XRT to Smarty head to head on a deleted 07 truck...stay tuned!!!

So far my vote is for Smarty...but only the dyno will tell.

And yes the H&S has the 120+hp tune!!

Smarty out-rocks everything else.

Got the PMT to work on the BlueTec truck after we de-badged it, but it's pretty $$$ for what it does. I sure hope no one takes some of the gauge functions as gospel... i.e. the Pyro 1 & 2 readouts are generated from under the passenger seat.:badidea:

S67 is on the way, with foreign SW ready to be loaded... Smarty is gonna generate a ton of work for the driveline market (thanks Marco! :Cheer:)

Smarty is THE stimulus package. :bow:

"Smarty is THE stimulus package. " LMFAO!!!! I'm gonna need a stimulus check to pay for the new trans...

We could turn your '08 into a beastie, Daniel - but how badly do you want to keep that warranty? :hehe:
Your 12 valve might get jealous after we de-badge your BlueTec truck... good thing your bride can help keep the cobwebs out of both trucks!

Congratulations on y'all's baby boy BTW - we're praying for your safe return from the sandlot... and thanks as always for what you do. :Cheer:

So you guys that are running smarty or want to run smarty on your 6.7 have had good customer service from bob?

Whats the power rating for smarty for the 6.7 and can you turn the re-gen stuff off?

Thanks for the help

I haven't drove a truck with the smarty tune yet but I can tell ya the xrt is great and customer service is second to none. Have to get a dd before I step up to one of the higher tunes.

Mike I'm only looking to get rid of all the "stuff" and install a good clutch to hold the Smarty. Dont care about warranty much. Just want better mileage and more power. I aint single anymore so I have to watch my cash flow for diesel performance parts now. Still need to install 3rd gen track bar in the 12v and replace some bushings in the front end. Got to get those 3rd gen wheels installed my dad gave me also. Jealous 12v, no way!! Get plently of attention. More so from other people. Cannot wait for next dyno and crank it up all the way. If you need 6.7 to experiment with call the wife and go pick it up.

Thanks for the kind words.

So you guys that are running smarty or want to run smarty on your 6.7 have had good customer service from bob?

Whats the power rating for smarty for the 6.7 and can you turn the re-gen stuff off?

Thanks for the help

Current power rating is 170. Look for TNT tunes easily at 230 or so later.

Smarty does get rid of the 4th injection, the same injection used to heat up the DPF to burn up soot. Theres 2 versions of Smarty. The standard S67 is for use on trucks with the DPF. Then theres the S67ME (Middle East) for use in countries that do not need the DPF by law. So if your DPF/EGR delete, you want the ME tune