Smarty vs XRT vs PMT

WOW dude you need to chill. I'm pretty sure it was a bad set of injectors that melted that piston not either tuner. But neither me or my dad tore that motor apart browns diesel did. I never mentioned anything about smarty melting it. But it was you not me walking around that dyno bad mouthing smarty and saying how you were gonna call bob personally that night, and tell him he was an idiot. Were you not??? By the way where was your truck at LIL BUDDY???? And I never mentioned you had talked bad about me or my dad as far as i'm aware you haven't so not sure where that came from. But whatever dude.

I was the one programming everyones truck that had smarty cause nobody knew what they were doing did you see mccrakens SMARTY truck run and what numbers it put up? Oh yeah guess who tuned it BRO...have you ever used a smarty we did exactly as advertised even did some other tricks read other forums even BOB will attest that I told people what to run on their trucks when using smarty and EVERY one of them put up killer numbers EXCEPT the 6.7....dude read DTR i told a few dudes what to run with their smarty and now they have a **** eating grin.

Where I came from I came from you putting my name in your BIG mouth.....I dont recall saying I would call bob....whatever man BOB knows I dont like him he dont like me. lol no harm there call him and ask him.....i bet he will say "those guys like to play games" when he got me confused with someone else in the first place.

Sorry dude but i stood in your shop when you said smarty had too much timing and melted levi's piston.....which in turn stands to reason why levi didnt have you tear into his truck. :bang Have you ever thought about why you didnt tear into it?

You have a lot more to lose on a DIESEL forum then I do bro so I'll step away. But you prolly arent smart enough to think in those terms or even wrap your head around that. I hope someday we can:Cheer: but prolly not.

Heres some info for you mike...quoted off of DTR a HAPPY smarty user because of how I told him to tune..

"I took wyodsl's advice from my previous thread and loaded sw7 on revo tnt. My settings were....tm 4, it 0, rp 4, wg off, shift defuel stock".

http://www.dieseltruckresource.com/dev/showthread.php?t=240470

^^8th post down

Last edited:
Children Children.... cant we all just get along :) first off lets look at this... things that melted my piston. Bad injectors coupled with Banks power pda set on SL position and some of the original smarty tuning with default timing and the smarty rp on 4 haha oh yeah and one dumbass mofo mashing the pedal down whereever i went lol. I am pretty sure that if I would have tuned smarty correctly by backing down the timing and not ramping the rail pressure and leaving the banks at a moderate level for daily driving I would have prolly never melted my engine, however if I would not have done so i would not have had the chance to meet the amazing people at Browns Diesel and get my engine built the way they should be built from the factory lol springs studs and cam haha. To answer some questions... i towed my truck to Cali because Richard dealt with me and a super professional manner when i needed injectors and his shop was more set up to do what I wanted to do IE getting the machine work done and boring my valves and what not... I dont think the other shop in quesion does rebuilds do you guys? Anyway bottom line is we are all building some sick ass trucks and once we are done they should be flying down the streets of Cheyenne.... now lets get this back on topic... smarty xrt pmt.... I know what I would choose but I am gonna say they are all pretty much the same thing. and any of them would probably be excellent choices

Children Children.... cant we all just get along :) first off lets look at this... things that melted my piston. Bad injectors coupled with Banks power pda set on SL position and some of the original smarty tuning with default timing and the smarty rp on 4 haha oh yeah and one dumbass mofo mashing the pedal down whereever i went lol. I am pretty sure that if I would have tuned smarty correctly by backing down the timing and not ramping the rail pressure and leaving the banks at a moderate level for daily driving I would have prolly never melted my engine, however if I would not have done so i would not have had the chance to meet the amazing people at Browns Diesel and get my engine built the way they should be built from the factory lol springs studs and cam haha. To answer some questions... i towed my truck to Cali because Richard dealt with me and a super professional manner when i needed injectors and his shop was more set up to do what I wanted to do IE getting the machine work done and boring my valves and what not... I dont think the other shop in quesion does rebuilds do you guys? Anyway bottom line is we are all building some sick ass trucks and once we are done they should be flying down the streets of Cheyenne.... now lets get this back on topic... smarty xrt pmt.... I know what I would choose but I am gonna say they are all pretty much the same thing. and any of them would probably be excellent choices

WOW.....:thankyou2: I guess:hehe::Cheer:

There is definately some built up tension there. I was originally trying to poke some fun at bryan not you. We do not rebuild motors or do machine work on engines. We could but were not setup for it, there fore making the cost higher for levi if we would have done it. Browns diesel obviously did a very good job building that engine it is the smoothest cleanest 600 hp diesel I have ever seen. But were saying the same thing the tuning on the smarty was wrong even levi knows that. He also was one of the first people around here running it so we and him didn't know near as much about tuning them as we and you do now. And I never said you couldn't tune a smarty, thats great your helping people man.

I say we all make a trip to bandi... in a couple weeks... that should settle things a little and then we can talk tuners turbo's, melted pistons, and other important info... lmao.

yeah that sounds good to me... I wanna see that 6.4 run... (in my rearview mirror lol jk)

Thats fine you got alot more work in yours than i do in mine. I know your truck will run good... but how good.

Thats fine you got alot more work in yours than i do in mine. I know your truck will run good... but how good.

haha yeah i know i do but for how long? that is why i wanna race you before you get anything else done. Those 6.4s are gonna be pretty sick here in the next few months. Garrett is developing twin BB DROP IN turbos for it and i also hear that by the end of the year they are supposed to be around 800WHP for around 3-5K fuel only....

i have heard the same. i wont have the money for that. we do need to race soon because i dont think 38's are going to be much of an advantage LOL

LOL now i dont know about the 38's shipping is retarded, might be rolling murdered out soon though.

i was working on getting a set of black kmc monsters and 38 pro comp tires but its 500 just for shipping so i think im just getting the wheels. Should have lift parts by first of next week. Guy is pulling them off to put on a 10 lift so he said he would email me today and let me know what shipping cost. might just roll on 35;s untill i can find some 37's nate dogg wants my wheels and tires.