SmartyResource

From the multiple 03-04 vehicle and 04.5-07 vehicle tuning I have done there is no conversion needed. 12.5% on a 03/04 is the same as a late CR.

Now, the part that is confusing is the 12.5% on UDC is not quite the same as the 12.5% in UDC, it's close but not exact. The ECM has a little more variance in it, and the tables are not as linear. This is common from 03-07 and has nothing to do with the 65% limit on 03/04.

A 03/04 will pull from the 80% cell, but it will be stuck on ~65% for display purposes. ~65% is NOT the same as 100%.

The single best way to confirm it is rail pressure vs rpms, of course both have to be stable.

Well Marco and Brian need to chime in because this was confirmed by Brian. Go read the following thread:
http://www.competitiondiesel.com/forums/showthread.php?t=150797

12.5% on the gauge is really 25% in the program. I could not get my EGT's to drop in the cruise area in the 1800 & 2000 RPM cells until I moved over to the 18.9/25% engine load areas...
Also I have noticed My rail pressure is a little high there as well compared to what I am calling for but its with 1000-1400 psi..

So to properly tune udc you have to have somethin that will read engine load?

Engine load or rail pressure, either one works. The latter requires a functional tach.

John is it true... I see something under news dated June 13th...

It works good and really speeds the process up by a lot for those of us using excel.

I haven't gotten it to work on the rail pressure map yet thou, so if you do let me know.

It will take a little getting used to, but by last night it was smooth on timing/duration for me.

We also have the ability to type in a value, which is also a great upgrade.

Type in value.. So you can select multiple cells at once and enter a value. Nice. Let me guess it does not take basic window commands like ctrl-c, ctrl-v our ctrl a?

I didn't try a blanket value entry, just single cells.

ctrl-c and ctrl-v work, ctrl-a didn't.

I also didn't try copying just a row or two, I was doing full tables.

I take it that this requires another UDC software upgrade?

What's the procedure for updating UDC with new software?

I'm having issues. It is the June 7th file right?

I just download and install it, it asks if I want to overwrite the old version.

Yes 7Jun, 1.1.8.0.

Trying to copy UDC Cells into Excel is not working for me.. It copies all of the labels in UDC and pastes them into excel.. Can't even do one cell at a time.

I think it may be all or nothing, but that's fine with me for timing calc purposes.

I think it may be all or nothing, but that's fine with me for timing calc purposes.

I copy the whole udc map and paste into a blank excel sheet then select the cells I want to place into the timing calc and that works fine..

Well I can select 15 cell and copy and paste from UDC program to another UDC program. I can copy a entire table and paste in a spread sheet. I can not paste an entire table from a spread sheet to UDC???
"The clip board does not contain the correct amount of rows 1.6011"

Also if you have a sample program you can not copy from it and paste it.. I not see much benefit in this functionality

I can not copy any whole table from a spread sheet into any table in UDC.. errr!

Brian any news on the professional version? Time frame and what added benefits? Also why can't we copy and paste from a smarty sample file?