SmartyResource

I have 5 folders. Archive for tunes I've run and are done with. Modified-these are tunes I have run recently but will be going to archive soon. Running - this is the program I am currently running. Try out - tunes I want to try out. Samples- All the programs I find online I save to compare.

When you have UDC opened, click on file and it should show recent files you may be able to find the program you are running in that list.

I number mine numerically, keep them all in the same file and don't go back. I will compare them in UDC and the calc, but haven't found a need to run old tunes yet.

My truck is currently loading my 14th tune since I got rail pressure adjustability with my S06.

I have only been making minor tweaks for the last 5 or 6 tunes, mostly based on weather. I started aggressive in the spool zone and knew I would have to back off for haze once the IAT's hit 100°+, so that's what I am doing. I am backing off slowly because I don't want to undershoot.

So you are increasing rail in the spool area? Are you seeing any noticeable results? For some reason I thought lower rail was better in the spool area.. Are you dropping your timing a little more in that area?

I am not touching rail at all anymore, after a couple of tunes I think I have it dialed in. I am simply messing with timing (reducing) in a couple of very small areas to reduce hot weather haze.

I haven't touched mine either but after I am done adding more fuel in the mid range area my guess is I will be playing with rail a little more and I might try dropping a little duration and timing at the top of WOT area. So rail can cause haze as well? Or are you just dropping timing a little in those area's?

Do you think Brian has talked to Marco about adding copy/paste.... You know what else would be nice is your calculator and have all the cells linked so if you change one it will high light the other tables to show what is effect.. Example like how we can see the duration cells effect the timing cells... I figure its time to harass Brian since this thread had been kind of slow...While I'm at it since the early 3 gen guys are the red headed step child of UDC it would be nice to see the tables scaled to 68.5% since that the max we can read on Engine load....Just needs a little toggle button to change the tables.. Brian..:)

Marco sent me a version of UDC that allows for copy/paste. It works pretty darn good, and saves a ton of time! Once all the bugs (I only found 1 so far) are worked out I think it will be released.

So it's close, very very close.

Nothing yet on your calc getting in...that you can talk about?

Last edited:
Nothing on calc integration, I am not even sure it's been brought up.

As for the ~65% reading, that's an OEM ECM OBDII output error (much like low load readout on the 05's). I doubt Marco can do anything with it, and honestly other than fine tuning above 65% load it shouldn't effect your tuning. At that load range very little tuning is that specific, and rail pressure/rpm will get you there.

From everything I have found the OBDII readout stops at ~65%, but the truck still uses the load cells above it.

Nothing on calc integration, I am not even sure it's been brought up.

As for the ~65% reading, that's an OEM ECM OBDII output error (much like low load readout on the 05's). I doubt Marco can do anything with it, and honestly other than fine tuning above 65% load it shouldn't effect your tuning. At that load range very little tuning is that specific, and rail pressure/rpm will get you there.

From everything I have found the OBDII readout stops at ~65%, but the truck still uses the load cells above it.

Now I am confused.

The Scale for 03's goes 0-65ish% stops reading the value to a display then continues?

So 12.5% load is 12.5% load? As in if I see a 50% that is the cell on the UDC table.

Not 12.5% + 6.8% or whatever to get what cell we are exactly looking at.

Hope that makes sense.

No but in the tables he can have a toggle but to re label each column. That was screwing me up until they let us know about that. If I'm seeing 17% engine load on my gauge and I change my timing there and nothing happens it leaves you scratching your head... When I should have been changing the 25% cell.. Once you know it you just have to translate what your gauge is showing. I don't think all of that 03 guys know that. Its not just showing you the bottom 65%.. From my understanding and confirming that with Brian.

Ok so it is a conversion still. Thanks.

Is there anyway to fool the signal to make it read correct?

That would be great.

Last edited:
The tables are right. If you change the timing in the 50% engine load area it will effect the program in that area. The problem is your gauge will need to show 38.5%. If your gauge shows 50% you need to change the table in like the 74% engine load area..That is really where you are in the program..

Back