SmartyResource

how about showing up at key dyno events, like smarty has been invited to in the past?

Brian, I was wondering if UDC can adjust the trans shift points like EFI? I know they can't now but would it be possible to in the future? "Update"

Andy,
As of this time I have not been told anything regarding trans tuning. You can be assured that I will report of any future updates. Thank you!

Brian, I was wondering if UDC can adjust the trans shift points like EFI? I know they can't now but would it be possible to in the future? "Update"

With an auto (48RE) you can play around with the torque management settings somewhat and effect how a 48RE shifts by adjusting the lower load areas (first 3 bars, 0-37.5%) changes how long it holds a gear before up shifting. I.E. lower torque settings increases the time (holds a gear longer) between shift points. You can also use the POD settings and get the same results by lowering the POD setting and that increases time between up shifts but, I prefer to make changes in UDC. This works because of the TPS and the 48RE line pressures. I'm sure it's different for all trucks depending on how your tranny (Valve Body) is modified (adjusted) but, that's a whole other topic..

Does anyone have the Smary ME file for the 2010? Please help....email to dan@ppcsolar.com

Hello all. I just cleaned out the underneath of my 2010 Dodge CTD. Once I got all the mechanical done I went to put in the MADS Smarty and (this is where everything started going wrong) got a message that said it had the wrong software for the truck. So, naturally, I went to download from the MADS site not realizing that there is and ME and non-ME programming so I downloaded the only offering only to fins out that it is not the program I need and the ME is gone off MADS site.

Last edited:
Brian can you have Marco give us copy and paste by tomorrow..:) This would really be helpful for Smarty in a lot of ways I don't think he realizes.. yet..

Hello Brian I was wondering if you had any suggestions. I have a 2007 5.9l 6 speed with a 4" MBRP exhaust,S&B intake,& smarty ssr super revo I am looking for fuel mileage. I currently have my ssr levels set as followed.

LLT 20
HLT 32
LLR 10
HLR 30
LLD 20
HLD 16
I am getting anywhere from 13-14 mpg. I've heard of some people getting up words of 20+ mpg. For the modifications that I have done to my truck and the speed limiter set to stock, torque set to stock etc... Just the settings listed above do you know what setting I would need to adjust for better mileage? Any help would be appreciated thanks. Charlie.

Hi Charlie,

Your settings look good for a driving tune.

I can tell you what I like for a daily driver, towing, and MPG tune. Credit goes to Paul for this combo. He tried it, liked it, so i stole it. And it works well for me. My MPG on the truck I have it in is superb. No complaints with this tune whatsoever.

LLT 24
HLT 28

LLRP 10
HLRP 10

LLD 20
HLD 32

TQ 1

If you try it please let me know if it helps.

Brian

Thanks Brian. I am going to put it in after I get home from work and I will let you know how it goes.

*bdh* just remember guys, that overhead thingus, set it to display outside temperature and be done with it. Do not ever post up in here that you are seeing 22.6 mpg ......... and be basing it on what that stupid thing tells you. Do a fill up, log some miles, fill up again and calculate mpg. :soap:

Ok so i put those numbers in and noticed a big change in over all power. The truck picks up a lot faster and seems like it smoothed out on higher rpm pulls. Before the change it seemed like it fell off around 2500 rpm in the lower gears. 2nd-4th.

I noticed that the HLD is pretty high my EGT climbs real fast at wot. Would that be the reasoning for the high EGT spike? The HLD setting.

Other than the EGT climbing real fast I like it a lot. I will do a couple fill ups and calculate the mpg and report back. I don't use the overhead calculator those things are inaccurate.

Thanks Brian

Last edited:
It would be interesting if you lower HLD a tad and see how much egt might change. Thanks Charlie!

Not a problem I will lower the HLD a couple numbers and report back as soon as I can. Thanks for the help I really appreciate it.