SmartyResource

Ok maybe I'm repeating an earlier post, but I searched and didn't find an answer.

I'm now using UDC, my question is about the SSR Power on Demand. Tell me if I'm lookin at this part correctly.
I put together a tune in UDC, now I load it on my truck, the POD feature now allows me to implement the new tunes in 99 increments.

Is this correct?

Thanks
Jimmy

PoD doesn't effect the tuning, what it does is change how much the throttle gives you. The throttle also works in 0-99, so in PoD 99 WOT is 99, but in PoD 50 WOT is the same as 50% throttle in PoD99.

I have found that my S06 and SJR both go WOT at about 82-84% throttle, so I set my PoD to 85 and instead of going WOT at 83-85% TPS it goes to WOT at about 98-99% TPS and is a much smoother/softer pedal feel. I also verified on a dyno that none of the power is effected.

PoD doesn't effect the tuning, what it does is change how much the throttle gives you. The throttle also works in 0-99, so in PoD 99 WOT is 99, but in PoD 50 WOT is the same as 50% throttle in PoD99.

I have found that my S06 and SJR both go WOT at about 82-84% throttle, so I set my PoD to 85 and instead of going WOT at 83-85% TPS it goes to WOT at about 98-99% TPS and is a much smoother/softer pedal feel. I also verified on a dyno that none of the power is effected.

Ok got it, thanks for your help.

Copy Paste! Copy Paste ! Copy Paste! Not having copy paste kills 2 hrs on every program.

Are you familiar with what values the Smarty sends the ECM to control the POD function? I've been snooping the can bus trying to figure out how to control the POD with my Murphy Display. I logged 0-99 commands last night on SW3 and SW5 and they appear to be close, but different values. If anyone has knowledge they'd like to share, I'd greatly appreciate it. It would be pretty easy if POD values were the same for all software levels/program #s, but it isn't looking like they are unless I missed something.

Copy Paste! Copy Paste ! Copy Paste! Not having copy paste kills 2 hrs on every program.

Not efficient, but if you are charging folks by the hour for programming....you win. LOL

Are you familiar with what values the Smarty sends the ECM to control the POD function? I've been snooping the can bus trying to figure out how to control the POD with my Murphy Display. I logged 0-99 commands last night on SW3 and SW5 and they appear to be close, but different values. If anyone has knowledge they'd like to share, I'd greatly appreciate it. It would be pretty easy if POD values were the same for all software levels/program #s, but it isn't looking like they are unless I missed something.

I am not, but I can tell you from watching SJR, SJR UDC, S06, and S06 UDC data and tuning that PoD only effects TPS, and because of that each tune will be slightly different but so far all the PoD 99 tunes I have ran go WOT at 82-84% TPS, when I back the PoD down to 85 they go WOT just prior to actual WOT on the TPS. The power band is the same, dyno proven, but the throttle response is reduced (good in my book).

SW3 and SW5 will be difference because the tune is different.

Not efficient, but if you are charging folks by the hour for programming....you win. LOL

Unfortunately we charge by the tune, and the lack of copy/paste is adding a LOT of time to each tune.

I am not, but I can tell you from watching SJR, SJR UDC, S06, and S06 UDC data and tuning that PoD only effects TPS, and because of that each tune will be slightly different but so far all the PoD 99 tunes I have ran go WOT at 82-84% TPS, when I back the PoD down to 85 they go WOT just prior to actual WOT on the TPS. The power band is the same, dyno proven, but the throttle response is reduced (good in my book).

SW3 and SW5 will be difference because the tune is different.

Unfortunately we charge by the tune, and the lack of copy/paste is adding a LOT of time to each tune.

Gotch. I realize the tunes will be different. I see that sending 0x46 0xAD sets the POD to 0% for the two levels I tested. And it appears that 0x91 0x50 sets the POD to 99% for both. Just wondering if anyone can confirm this or do I need to load and test all the other software levels on this. I sent a question into MADs but figured no one would reply with answers. Not too many folks will talk hexadecimal with me. LOL

Sorry for the derail. Just threw this into a smarty thread hoping to get some answers.

No speaky hexadecimal here.... At least not recently enough to be fluent, or understanding.

Brian can you please confirm that tq management has no effect on power at wot above 2000 rpm? So of I max my tq management at 65% I'll still have full power..

Yes Sir CJ! More or less! All parameters change the behavior of the engine at all RPM ranges.

You will need to find the correct "middle of the road" approach for these adjustments.

When it comes to anything Smarty, why does everything have to be such a huge secret?

Can you give is a little more info on tq managment? If I set it to a max level of 30 the truck well not lose any on the top end our on a Dino but it well just be slower on the low end?

Anybody know how to tell what UDC tune is installed on the Smarty? I ask because I've got so many tunes that sometimes I forget which one I'm testing out! I just ran 42 but then did 42A as a tweak but then ran 36 to compare and now I'm not sure which one I have on there and don't want to confuse the tunes! By the way TQ Management really cut down on smoke!