Smitty Racing 8.93 @ 154

good lord one in the 8's and what atleast 2 other trucks deep into the 9's? Make a fella want to just tear down his PS and start prepping for next year. LOL

Awesome run and all the others guys stepping it up big time.

It is fast for sure. But not consistent at all...

Really? I guess that's why he also ran a 9.12 and a 9.14 today. All over 153MPH. Pretty inconsistent, right?

A few more tweaks and some better air: 8.7Xs. Book it.

LOL Sorry if we were in the way. I kept smoking out the lights which made staging difficult. Was trying my best not to mess Seth's run up.

A big congrats to Jimmy, Dale, and Seth...you guys are the 1st in the 8s, and nobody can take that away! I remember when I was at Scheid a couple years ago and saw that 5.8 or 5.7 in the 1/8th, and was just wishing the track was longer!

I think it should be to nobody's surprise that the teams that have been at this a long time, and work the hardest (Team Green and Smitty Racing) are the first to the 8s. Way to go!!!!!!!!!!!

Really? I guess that's why he also ran a 9.12 and a 9.14 today. All over 153MPH. Pretty inconsistent, right?

I think what he meant is that Phil drove his to the line and ran 9.65-9.72 all day. Seth was trapping damn bear the same MPH every run, from the 9.12 right down to 8 second run, it just takes longer to get to the beams at the end when the truck and track decide the 60 foot takes 80 foot. The track obviously came around towards the end of the day, but started going away again.

What all of us in the stands watching need to stop and realize though, 2-3 years ago we never would have imagined we would have this many trucks running 9's, much less have any that go out all day and do it, then drive back up on the trailer.

As I told Seth and all of the team yesterday, a big congratulations, couldn't have happened to a nicer bunch.

Fat fingered from my phone.

Congrats guys!! I can see there is more coming when you get your 330 fixed!
A 1.4 60 and an 8. anything is very impressive!:bow:

I think what he meant is that Phil drove his to the line and ran 9.65-9.72 all day. Seth was trapping damn bear the same MPH every run, from the 9.12 right down to 8 second run, it just takes longer to get to the beams at the end when the truck and track decide the 60 foot takes 80 foot. The track obviously came around towards the end of the day, but started going away again.

What all of us in the stands watching need to stop and realize though, 2-3 years ago we never would have imagined we would have this many trucks running 9's, much less have any that go out all day and do it, then drive back up on the trailer.

As I told Seth and all of the team yesterday, a big congratulations, couldn't have happened to a nicer bunch.

damn near***
no bears were harmed in this post.

Let me clarify what I'm saying for you. Pro Street trucks have never been consistant as long as I have been involved in them. I'm not trying to take anything away from Seth or the Smiths at all. They have put in the time and effort to get where they are and deserve it. Are they still running the beam breaker's out in front of the tire's?

Let me clarify what I'm saying for you. Pro Street trucks have never been consistant as long as I have been involved in them. I'm not trying to take anything away from Seth or the Smiths at all. They have put in the time and effort to get where they are and deserve it. Are they still running the beam breaker's out in front of the tire's?

while I DONT have a prostreet truck, but do have a full weight manual trans street truck... launching with a clutch is alot more of a challenge than just letting go of a button or letting off the brake.... just sayin

while I DONT have a prostreet truck, but do have a full weight manual trans street truck... launching with a clutch is alot more of a challenge than just letting go of a button or letting off the brake.... just sayin

OK, so what is your point since you are quoting me? I don't think there is much comparison between your street truck and a Danco. And Im not aware of any Pro Street truck that is using a trans brake. Maybe you can enlighten me with your vast knowledge of this class. Just sayin....

Have had the pleasure of watch the Smith truck make passes at acouple different events and traction as always been the issue not power. At the NHRDA in Topeka last fall the track beat them, tons of power, just couldn't get it to stick. Great truck, even nicer people. What happened to them yesterday in eliminations?

Not taking anything away either BUT,

There is nothing "Street" about a hand clutch in a Pro STREET truck...

Just sayin....

Last edited:
Back