Smitty Racing 8.93 @ 154

And for that matter, there is nothing "Street" about Nitrous either...(not sayin they spray.. Just the ones that do...

cfd287b6.jpg

Oh for the love of god Swole get off the nitrous hating...

I like you bro but your last 2 posts were just fecking silly..

Its a class name whats so street about most Super Street trucks or so stock about Pro Stock?

Come on Swole, I like my nitrous!!!! I'm not using it yet, just when I have to line up against Seth or Phillip!! Lmao

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A4NpI5qluY8"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A4NpI5qluY8[/ame]

Someone got in my way, but here is a little different angle...

Oh for the love of god Swole get off the nitrous hating...

I like you bro but your last 2 posts were just fecking silly..

Its a class name whats so street about most Super Street trucks or so stock about Pro Stock?

LOL

I feel ya brah...

But this is Way before my time... This^ has been argued by the Garmon's , Morrison's, Taylor's, Dunbar's, and several others a LONG time ago...

The PS class got outta hand and Outta reach for most of the "normal" income folks...

Don't shoot the messenger...:rolleyes:

I don't have a dog in the hunt... I gave congrats just like everyone else..

I was just backin my boy Gary R. a bit....

Sorry for the DeRail!!! My Bad!!

Last edited:
Come on Swole, I like my nitrous!!!! I'm not using it yet, just when I have to line up against Seth or Phillip!! Lmao

LOL

I like Nitrous too.... Back in the day of "Whip Its"!!

Makes ya feel on tingly inside!! :lolly:

lol

I was just back you up my brother.....

OK, so what is your point since you are quoting me? I don't think there is much comparison between your street truck and a Danco. And Im not aware of any Pro Street truck that is using a trans brake. Maybe you can enlighten me with your vast knowledge of this class. Just sayin....

not trying to start a war...just saying anyone can launch an auto but its more difficult to be consistant launching a setup with a clutch....

PS class was never meant for Joe blow on a shoe string budget. Hell I would venture to bet I am one of the lowest budgeted PS trucks around but you don't see me crying about people playing within the rules for the class. I got a dog (just ain't really in the hunt LOL) but people talking crap like that aint doing nothing but making excuses. How long has guys like Seth and them been in the game? Its not like some one just threw a trcuk together for this season and started killin every one with limitless amounts of money.

Hell I will just be happy when I can line my POS up next to these guys and not look like a tool getting beat by them.

not trying to start a war...just saying anyone can launch an auto but its more difficult to be consistant launching a setup with a clutch....

This is like saying its harder to win a gun fight with a knife..... Well No **** bring a knife to a gun fight and whats that make you?:doh:

Congratulations to the Smith truck. Been at it a long time now to get to where they are.

OK, we can debate this to death. This is a thread to congratulate Seth and Jimmy on their record run. I was bored and was gonna stir the pot for a little entertainment. Some people just get all wound up about the smallest jab, sorry. Damn nice run Seth and I look forward to lining up with you at Scheid. Nuff said!

Let me clarify what I'm saying for you. Pro Street trucks have never been consistant as long as I have been involved in them. I'm not trying to take anything away from Seth or the Smiths at all. They have put in the time and effort to get where they are and deserve it. Are they still running the beam breaker's out in front of the tire's?

And yes Gary the beam breaker is still on there!

First time I have ever posted, maybe my last. Just wanted to thank everyone for the kind words & support over the years. Thanks to Valvoline, Clint Cannon, Mike Mineke from ATS, Darrin Sanders of Fast Chassis & Dan Scheid (who in my opinion is the greatest diesel engine builder) for his friendship & support that he has shown thru the years & yesterday without his wisdom in backing the engine down, we would have not been able to get down the track & run the times we did.

Thanks to everyone for the congrats .And rudy i hate the whole mess that happennned in the lights you have one awsome running truck.Your whole team is a stand up group of people.It was a pleasure racing with you guys

And yes Gary the beam breaker is still on there!

I'm gettin me one too then! Is there a length limit? I'm just messing with the general population on here. I know what ya'll are doing and most of all why. No need to be so touchy about it, business is business. I for one do not have nearly deep enough pockets to do what ya'll do and I'm not hating on you. I am happy that Smitty Racing can do it though. Sorry if I ruffled your feather's, wasn't my intent. I'm out.

I'm gettin me one too then! Is there a length limit? I'm just messing with the general population on here. I know what ya'll are doing and most of all why. No need to be so touchy about it, business is business. I for one do not have nearly deep enough pockets to do what ya'll do and I'm not hating on you. I am happy that Smitty Racing can do it though. Sorry if I ruffled your feather's, wasn't my intent. I'm out.

Wasn't touchy..u asked a question and I answeredit correct? Not sure on size chasis guy built that u would have to ask dad. As far ad deep pockets not sure about that one, if it wasn't for some major sponsors we would have been done years ago. Also this has been a truck that had taken 10 years to get to this point not one.

Congratulations a well deserved record run ir takes a lot of work dedication and patients and help from fiends and family to accomplish what y'all have. All u whiners go away or do something yourself about breaking the record

I heard smitty was injecting nitrous, propane, and running nitro in their water system. Also that they had a motorized mechanical extension for their beam breaker :lolly:

On a side note, you guys let Phil tree ya?? ;)

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LM4BHUdlKnI"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LM4BHUdlKnI[/ame]

Back