So who is going to Indy???

So What's it going to be?

• Went to indy last year, but not going this year.

Votes: 27 24.5%
  • Went to indy last year and plan to go this year.

Votes: 42 38.2%
  • Didn't go last year and not going this year.

Votes: 26 23.6%
  • Didn't go last year, but plan to go this year.

Votes: 15 13.6%

• Total voters

c-hawk

Liberals Suck...
Man, I must be an ostrich with my head in the sand. I had no idea there was so much going wrong with DHRA. Shame on me...

Well, I had planned on going to indy, but maybe i need to cancel the reservations.

I'm curious what everyone else is planning to do this year?

Thanks,

Chris

EDIT: This was supposed to have a poll attached, but i guess i'm too slow. I see now we only get two minutes to attach a poll to a thread... Admin's how about a little more time for us slow folks?

Poll was going to be:

1-Went to indy last year, but not going this year.
2-Went to indy last year and plan to go this year.
3-Didn't go last year and not going this year.
4-Didn't go last year, but plan to go this year.

Was hoping to make it a public poll and see who was doing what.

I'm definitely leaning towards cancelling the reservations at this point, but i need to find another big event to go to. I'm hoping for TS, but not sure if work will cooperate with the date.

Last edited:
I'm going to TS for sure, don't think I'll be attending the event in Indy.

May 31- June 1 i believe.....I'll be there again....awesome time with some awesome racing

I was planning to go...might still go...just depends on what other event shows up;)

IRP was just nice since I can be there in 3 hours!
Chris

Signature600 said:
I was planning to go...might still go...just depends on what other event shows up;)

IRP was just nice since I can be there in 3 hours!
Chris

Same here. I don't think the forums dislike of the DHRA will keep the Rednecks away that do all the burnouts and smoke shows.

haloman said:
Same here. I don't think the forums dislike of the DHRA will keep the Rednecks away that do all the burnouts and smoke shows.

I agree... for this year. But if the competitors don't show, there won't be an event in the years to come. At this point in my life (with wife and kid), the "rednecks" that do the burnouts and smoke shows isn't enough reason for me to drive ten hours.

I hope i can fit TS into my schedule this year.

c-hawk said:
I agree... for this year. But if the competitors don't show, there won't be an event in the years to come. At this point in my life (with wife and kid), the "rednecks" that do the burnouts and smoke shows isn't enough reason for me to drive ten hours.

I hope i can fit TS into my schedule this year.

I agree with it being ten hours away it might not be worth the risk if it turns out to be a crappy show. Hope you can make it to TS. I'll get you a cold one if you make it.

I've went that last 2 years but after what has happened to a few of the QD competitors I think I'll go to the ts event instead. I'm HOPING we can have another big event the same weekend as IRP. It would be nice if we had it in a more central location. KC, OKC, Dallas etc... I know alot of trucks that would show up that wont drive the 8+ hours to Indy.

Last edited:
Chris, I have reservations for Indy, OBX and TS. I'm going to wait and see if those dhra b------s make good on the money they owe the guys, before I cancel Indy res. There's also 2 NHDRA races and the DDRA at MIR, 1 NHDRA race at Thompson, DOCKBOYS race at Cecil County and the DDRA at Mason Dixon, and not to leave out a couple Chrysler Classics. I may have to cancel Indy !!! Thanks Steve B.

Its a blast, the nights at the warehouses are a good time, as well as the rest of the event.

yup im goin considering its a 20min drive and the nightlife at the warehouses is worth it fun times last year:Cheer: :chug:

ctd8999 said:
not to leave out a couple Chrysler Classics. cancel Thanks Steve B.

witch ccevents you planing on going to I am not sure about the pa one yet but deffantly ging to the bowling green (week be for TS) the columbus and the norwalk race

I'm lost, what is going on with the DHRA, this is the hird or fourth time I've heard that something happened, but I never read what the "something" was. As for INDY, I've got to go, It's INDY!!! It is a great time. But as for the TS event, that is a blast, not to mention, it's in my backyard, 15min. drive. I would almost say I'd have a cooler of beer waiting on all of you...We'll see when the time gets a little closer

Cummins Express said:
witch ccevents you planing on going to I am not sure about the pa one yet but deffantly ging to the bowling green (week be for TS) the columbus and the norwalk race
George, Pittsburgh for sure its only 35 mi. away, Norwalk I think. Maybe Columbus, Bowling Green probably not since I'll be there the week after for TS. Thanks Steve B.