So who is going to Indy???

So What's it going to be?

• Went to indy last year, but not going this year.

Votes: 27 24.5%
  • Went to indy last year and plan to go this year.

Votes: 42 38.2%
  • Didn't go last year and not going this year.

Votes: 26 23.6%
  • Didn't go last year, but plan to go this year.

Votes: 15 13.6%

• Total voters
I had no idea about the no pay issue till I read it this morning. I have reservations in Plainfield again and plan to go as of now since it will be one of the last big(maybe) events I can go to before deployment. If nothing else the night life is great. If I don't go I will just spend teh weekend parading with my Shriner club.

I will be there with my drinking team. I live about 20 minutes away so I don't really have a reason not to.

well i can't make it to indy i have my daughter that weekend but i will be in bowling green for TS again this year and i will be a MIR and Cecil county this summer. hopefully Ol' Silver will be ready for drag racing by MIR and Cecil county

Id like to see an actually list of the competition trucks Drag/pullers that arent going. I only go to one event a year and indy is it. I see the pullers a couple times a year. So indy is my chance to see ALL of the drags. Dont want to go if alot of the heavy hitters wont be along. Ill find another place to go where i can see as many as possible at one place. Been looking forward to all the dragsters that are supposed to be out this year. I guess TS everyone is planning on going to?

After reading the other thread about the DHRA giving drag racers the shaft, I'm not so sure I want to give my money to the organization......

I think i've heard enough. I didn't know there were problems going on with the DHRA until very recently. There are a lot of people that i consider very reputable that are one voice on this topic. Makes it hard for me to believe it could just be a misunderstanding or something like that.

Given that, I don't want to support the dhra. I've gone for the last 5 years (2yrs in muncie, and 3 years in indy), but i am going to cancel my reservations for this year. I will find another event to go to, and another organization to race with.

Chris

I won't be going this, next year, or any year. :hehe: :hehe: :hehe: :hehe:

I have been to Muncie once and Indy once and I am not going to Indy this year but are tentatvily scheduling in the SDX event for this year, It depends on my finacial situation come August.

BBD

I couldn't go last year because I was in the burn ward at a hospital.

I can't go this year or I'll be in the mental ward of a hospital. :D

I WILL NOT BE AT INDY, OR ANY OTHER DHRA EVENTS, PERIOD.

On a side note, I was at both Indy & the TS event in Bowling Green, & I've been told that the numbers prove me wrong, but I'd sware there were more trucks at TS than Indy. I Certainly had a better time at TS!!!

Sure there are, why wouldn't there be?! lol

turbomatt1 said:
I WILL NOT BE AT INDY, OR ANY OTHER DHRA EVENTS, PERIOD.

On a side note, I was at both Indy & the TS event in Bowling Green, & I've been told that the numbers prove me wrong, but I'd sware there were more trucks at TS than Indy. I Certainly had a better time at TS!!!
While I can't say there were more or less trucks, I can say the action seemed pretty much non-stop, and we didn't have to listen to anyone say "secure the dragstrip" 14,387 times. I do think I had a better time at my one and only time last year at TS than I did in any of the years I've been to Indy.

I would bet even more so.......Indy is a big city, and you gotta go about 45 minutes in either direction from town to start gettin into the real country areas where most of the pickups are.

McRat said:
I couldn't go last year because I was in the burn ward at a hospital.

I can't go this year or I'll be in the mental ward of a hospital. :D

good one pat!!

I think i've heard enough. I didn't know there were problems going on with the DHRA until very recently. There are a lot of people that i consider very reputable that are one voice on this topic. Makes it hard for me to believe it could just be a misunderstanding or something like that.

Given that, I don't want to support the dhra. I've gone for the last 5 years (2yrs in muncie, and 3 years in indy), but i am going to cancel my reservations for this year. I will find another event to go to, and another organization to race with.

I was a member and fan of DHRA for quite a while. When in the GLTDR we even worked the show n shine competition to help out. I think it absolutely SUX what has happened to the racers. The amount of money, work, miles, is all for nothing? I think not. Ill also bet it comes out in the end that they finaly DO get paid. The guys are better sports than me as I would of hit DHRA with a late fee as well. I now support NADM.
That said... Indy is SOOO much bigger than DHRA. I meet up with friends from ALL OVER THE NATION AND CANADA. We hang out, drink, turn wrenches, and watch the night time activities.( oh yea there is sled pulling and racing not to far away) I know Im not alone in feeling this way. IF I HATED DHRA with a PASSION, why would I let them take away from me something that I enjoy? Wouldnt THAT in ITSELF be letting them win? IF you feel as strong as you do about DHRA, go to the hotels and enjoy yourself. Then let DHRA wonder " Well there were 2000 diesel enthusists at the hotels last night, why are their butts not in the stands"?

I suggest everyone attend any and all local diesel events to show your local tracks that diesel competition is a growing sport to your track.

If your track sees poor turnouts with diesels, it hurts everyone.

However, for those who it costs thousands of dollars to attend events, go to the events that are the best run. Your budget only allows for some many events, so vote with your attendance. Certainly hit your local events.

We are not attending any "road trip" DHRA events this year because last year they were not organized well enough (except Vegas) and are too expensive to attend for the amount of racing available.

Last edited:
Back