Software beta testers needed for 'Anteater'

You can see if it's getting power by opening the main case. If it has power, the yellow power LED will be blinking 10 times a second. If it's not, then there's an issue getting power to it.

No led lighting up on the board. I do have good Power getting to it. The shop that's doing the swap for me is having some firepunk guys come down and are going to have an extra one with them. Guess we'll swap it out and see what happens.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

You are up and running?

The base file the software loads isn't a bad one to start. It's the DD on Joe farmers truck. It will be a bit before I can get to my laptop.

How is your truck set up? I can't see it on Tapatalk if it's in your sig

Sent from my XT1053 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Got mine hooked up and finally got a break in the snow to try it out today. I have to say it works great and is a lot simpler to set up compared to the PCS we have on another truck. I can't wait to play a little more and fine tune it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aIeAxUzqYy8

Mine, blowing the tires off at highway speed in 3rd.
I was working on a tune, testing software, talking on the phone and banging a hooker.....
Just to let people see what the software looks like in real time. Whole video is kinda boring really.

Last edited:
You are up and running?

The base file the software loads isn't a bad one to start. It's the DD on Joe farmers truck. It will be a bit before I can get to my laptop.

How is your truck set up? I can't see it on Tapatalk if it's in your sig

Yes, switched out the main box and remote with another and everything worked fine.

It's just doing some strange stuff though. Running the software while driving you can see it shift from 1st to second, but you never feel it change in the truck, there no rpm change when it shifts. Then to get it to shift 2nd to 3rd you have to hit right at 3k or so rpm and let off the throttle just a tad.

Then it will shift into 3rd and continue to lock up and go to overdrive.

Settings were set with 35" tires 3.73 gears and tps 0v to 3.8v.

TV cable set at 80%

Not sure what's going on... Any thoughts?

It sounds like the TV is too high, 2nd gear start and shifts held out. I could be wrong though

Sent from my Rotten Apple

Yes, switched out the main box and remote with another and everything worked fine.

It's just doing some strange stuff though. Running the software while driving you can see it shift from 1st to second, but you never feel it change in the truck, there no rpm change when it shifts. Then to get it to shift 2nd to 3rd you have to hit right at 3k or so rpm and let off the throttle just a tad.

Then it will shift into 3rd and continue to lock up and go to overdrive.

Settings were set with 35" tires 3.73 gears and tps 0v to 3.8v.

TV cable set at 80%

Not sure what's going on... Any thoughts?

I think Matt @ Firepunk was able to get this fixed. He was going to either lower the static TV pressure or raise the Governor Pressure Modifier in the software. If not, let me know.

I think Matt @ Firepunk was able to get this fixed. He was going to either lower the static TV pressure or raise the Governor Pressure Modifier in the software. If not, let me know.

Matt was good to work with. I had to leave mid afternoon. I wasn't sure if they were going to look at it anymore or not. So I'll check back with them today.

Thanks for all your help so far!

I'm having issues with it connecting it to my laptop. It's Windows 8, I've tried downloading the software multiple times, the driver, etc. Everytime I plug the usb in a little message pops up that say the item I'm trying to connect has malfunctioned. I tried for about 30 mins with no success. Not sure where to go from there besides trying a different computer. Other than that trans is shifting fine.

I'm having issues with it connecting it to my laptop. It's Windows 8, I've tried downloading the software multiple times, the driver, etc. Everytime I plug the usb in a little message pops up that say the item I'm trying to connect has malfunctioned. I tried for about 30 mins with no success. Not sure where to go from there besides trying a different computer. Other than that trans is shifting fine.
Did you go to device manager and try to update the drivers and point to the ones you downloaded?

I could help with that if you wanted. I do IT work for a living and can do a remote session into your pc and show you.

If it's saying there was a malfunction communicating with the device, it's at a point that you need a new wiring harness. Email me and I'll get one sent out. Paul@firepunk.com.

I think you tell lies.......
I guess a new usb cord was used?

If this is the guy I've talked to and the problem I think it is, there was an issue with wires being crimped properly and we had a handful of intermittent communication issues that were wiring harness based. He tried another USB with no luck and in my testing a new USB has never fixed it. A new harness and it's good to go.

G56 swap trucks you just use the 47re neutral safety switch. It has a 12v reference, neutral ground and reverse signal wires. Then wire in the reverse wiring. It's very straight forward.

will the 47re switch work on a 48re?

Thanks

It will, but you need an adapter and a 47re rooster comb

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

I got it figured out. Loaded a tune in it last night and now it likes to start off in 3rd, drove fine on the base tune and shifts to first with the gear selector. I'm guessing I need to up the modifier, TV is set at around 75% internally and line pressure is at 215 psi (constant pressure vb). I'll play with it more tomorrow night, just drove it about 5 miles today.

Don't want to read through 18 pages. Is this working on 47rh? Need something for my 84 power wagon crew cab.

Don't want to read through 18 pages. Is this working on 47rh? Need something for my 84 power wagon crew cab.
It can only control Lockup and Overdrive on the RH. The harness would be a special order and you'd use a new-style, two-terminal speed sensor.