Software beta testers needed for 'Anteater'

And also yes I'd really appreciate a tune that has worked for others as a good starting point for myself as I only one know one other guy around my area who has experience with the anteater and is still a good 6 hours away

Well all my parts have arrived ready to install my 48 just wondering about 68 smart box I picked up is this the brain child of joefarmer as well ? Got some direction from Paul about the box just wondering if anybody else has used the smart box along with the anteater controller thanks

The people that have run my tune have had mixed results, and seem to like flat lines to start off with.

Sent from my XT1053 using Tapatalk

Thought this smart box just served two purposes; allow 4lo&4hi to work properly and reverse lights?

Was told cruise could be enabled also but I haven't tore into it much yet

Kronk you are correct. The info box is for 4lo and reverse functions. The truck will see p or n in all gear selector spots (the p or n will be for what your truck needs for 4lo). A 47 re nss and rooster comb are used in the trans and the box plugs into that. So when the trans is in reverse the truck knows it

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Looks like I need a a 47 parts to make the smart box be able to function correctly on my 48re ?

Just wondering about the adapter kit from sonnax the sensor doesn't look correct to plug into the smart box
image_zpsg1phqby5.jpeg.html

And also I'll apologize for getting off track of strictly anteater questions but the damn elusive rooster comb any idea where to find one anybody?

And also I'll apologize for getting off track of strictly anteater questions but the damn elusive rooster comb any idea where to find one anybody?
Firepunk didn't have a rooster comb for that NSS? I believe the 68 smart box has a 6 pin newer style NSS. You're probably best off emailing paul@firepunk.com for 68 smart box.

will we ever see software that allows unlocked up shifts after locking in a gear? Or remote OD switch so we can wire it into our original OD switch on the stalk?

will we ever see software that allows unlocked up shifts after locking in a gear? Or remote OD switch so we can wire it into our original OD switch on the stalk?

If Lavon is running an Anteater in his race truck you would think he has a remote OD switch

well, im sure he can get what ever features he wants in an anteater too....lol

I just dont like the fact that the OD switch is on the Anteater only. Id like to still be able to use the one on the shifter. But all that is a moot point anyway if there isnt software to unlock on the 2-3 and 3-4 shift for heavy towing.

1983539226eece2025bf4b4ab7bde82a.jpg

Each of the dash mount remotes have these pads on the back, included specifically for adding your own microswitches, where you want them.

I'm not sure about the locked up shift question. Mine locks as soon as the valve body allows it (2nd) and up shifts locked on tunes I programmed to do so.
The software for the ant does not prevent locked up shifts. If you program it, and the hardware can do it, you should have locked up shifts.

Edit, I misread where you specified UNLOCKED.
I will look in to it.

Sent from my XT1053 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
will we ever see software that allows unlocked up shifts after locking in a gear?

Possibly. It would require a decent amount of forethought to implement into the current shift strategy and it wasn't on the list until mentioned in this thread.

A workaround could be to have the tow tune lockup set to occur after the 3-4 upshift mph setting and manually lock the truck as needed using a normal lockup switch in the lower gears.

Or remote OD switch so we can wire it into our original OD switch on the stalk?

Yes, like Kyle mentioned there are solder pads inside the remote that allow the factory shifter stalk microswitch to be wired to the OD Lockout button. You can use any microswitch as long as both terminals are terminated on the remote circuit board.

Thanks for the info guys.

Wanst aware of the pads on the remote to wire in an OD switch. That makes this much more realistic for me anyway.

As for the work around, while all thats fine and dandy, thats what i have to do now. Id like to get away from having to manually shift through gears and flip switches every time. While the Anteater is an awesome tool to have, it just isnt worth it for me to spend the money on if I have to keep doing the same thing I am now. Thats what I want to get away from.

I just developed a problem with my anteater/vb, any help would be great. Started the other day, truck is starting in second. My Tv adjustment and tune weren't changed and are the same as I have been running for awhile. If I adjust the Tv position either direction or change the gov pressure modifier it will shift like it should once maybe twice then back to second gear start, any ideas? Also its a firepunk vb, gonna call tomorrow just looking for ideas in the meantime.

I just developed a problem with my anteater/vb, any help would be great. Started the other day, truck is starting in second. My Tv adjustment and tune weren't changed and are the same as I have been running for awhile. If I adjust the Tv position either direction or change the gov pressure modifier it will shift like it should once maybe twice then back to second gear start, any ideas? Also its a firepunk vb, gonna call tomorrow just looking for ideas in the meantime.

I would guess either failed sensor or solenoid. Give Paul @ Firepunk a call and he can walk you through troubleshooting it.