Spool Flange

^^^ modify the shock tower as necessary and look into shorter shocks. Just my two cents. Or see if you can get a straight flange steed speed piece.

^^^ modify the shock tower as necessary and look into shorter shocks. Just my two cents. Or see if you can get a straight flange steed speed piece.

thanks! I'll have to look into the shock tower deal. I thought with the straight flange clearance for the hood may be an issue if/when I go to larger turbo.

So, lets hear some feedback from yall since these have been out for a little while :poke:

I suspect you will hear some feedback from those running them in about 2 to 3 weeks. Patience is sometimes all that is needed although not always easy to come by.

Well it's about 2 weeks later :D

I would be REALLY interested in getting one! I wanna hear what people think of these....

Yeah buddy! Hopefully my steed manifold will get here in time to put both on this weekend!

t3's still in line to be made and shipped? i hope for us 4 banger guys

T4 is on and working as advertised. Truck will be on the track at Tulsa later this month so I will have some drag strip feedback then. My truck has proven to be very hard to spool at the line (lots of different factors that contributed to that). I have confidence that the flange will perform, so it should do well in many different applications. I have a t4 Precision with a 80mm+ compressor and exhaust wheel paired one of their 1.28 A/R exh housings.

Truck is 2wd with deep rear gears and slicks so it pushes hard on the front brakes while staging. I leave in first gear (vs second or third) to keep the Allison happy and to avoid nasty tire shake (do not want to repeat that episode again).

Solid materials and some well thought out craftsmanship went into these. I ran a spool flange from Sound Performance (for a very short period of time) and it was simply not made to withstand the heat and drive pressures from a diesel. That is when I started asking for this piece.

That's good to hear. I trust the guy behind these so I'm very much looking forward to taking receipt of mine hopefully this week. Manifold showed up so I am ready to go!

How would these effect back pressure under 25 pounds of boost with a 62/71/12 turbo? What long term effects would this back pressure have?

How would these effect back pressure under 25 pounds of boost with a 62/71/12 turbo? What long term effects would this back pressure have?

I ran a design more similar to the sound performance piece (now run the superior sdx piece) and at the pressures you're discussing back pressure was 1 to 1 with boost.

Here is my writeup thread to help you find answers to your questions as they arise.

Variable Geometry (SDX Spool Flange) S300 (eventually compounds) thread! - Competition Diesel.Com - Bringing The BEST Together