Spring Fling 2013 !!!!!!!!!!!!

With all the BS going on WE don't want to forget about ALL the people that had enough balls to run their trucks on the dyno and be part of the event. Everyone on here has different budgets and different uses for their trucks so for those that met their own private goals take pride in achiving them , no matter what your goal may be.

Very well put mark.:clap:

very well put mark also.. as for wade hey buddy how you know what dmitri was gonna make on the dyno ? you werent there cheerleading. i was and me and a few others heard him state he was thinkning he would be in the 1700 to 1800 range.. GUESS WHAT he fell short... fair and square he admited it and was a great sport about it. guys like you trying to be his cheerleader is what drags his reputation down.

On the edge or not dosent matter, air quality is air quality Period!

Same truck at elevation will ALLWAYS make more power at sea level......Even you could understand that.

Stock fuel, stock turbo truck at 8000' vs 0' isn't 30%. I can see a few %.

Think about what is going on with a huffer. Stock cummins makes like 24psi or something right? Do you think that's spinning 150,000rpm (or what ever the max rpm is) at sealevel under stock conditions? Would the turbo spin faster at 8000' to make the same PSI or not?

can't you figure that what the atmosphere lacks, the nos makes up for?

can't you figure that what the atmosphere lacks, the nos makes up for?

NOS does not make up for bad air, it helps it some , but certainly dont fix the pre exsisting condition. A Nitrous Bottle cant nearly even dent the over all air mass that is being sucked into the turbo...Just simple Physics...Turbo produces Say 3000-4000 CFM of Bad air, nitrous produces Much less than that...about 500- 700 CFM, depending on how much you push...

A cubic foot of air is approximately 0.0807 lbs. So to convert from cubic feet per minute to pounds per minute, just multiply cubic feet per minute by 0.0807. To go from pounds per minute to cubic feet per minute, divide by 0.0807.

With that said, Nitrous would be of more bennifit at sea level than it would at elevation.

How is that wrong, you have better air to start with at sea level, so naturally you will make more power, with a optimized amount of nitrous.

You guys Have this idea that you can just push all the Nitrous in the world and everything is ok...Well thats wrong.

Just my useless and proven opinion.

NOS does not make up for bad air, it helps it some , but certainly dont fix the pre exsisting condition. A Nitrous Bottle cant nearly even dent the over all air mass that is being sucked into the turbo...Just simple Physics...Turbo produces Say 3000-4000 CFM of Bad air, nitrous produces Much less than that...about 500- 700 CFM, depending on how much you push...

A cubic foot of air is approximately 0.0807 lbs. So to convert from cubic feet per minute to pounds per minute, just multiply cubic feet per minute by 0.0807. To go from pounds per minute to cubic feet per minute, divide by 0.0807.

With that said, Nitrous would be of more bennifit at sea level than it would at elevation.[/QUOTE]

Could you expand on that. Cause its the dumbest **** I've heard in a while and it would be entertaining to see you mire in it for a while.

With that said, Nitrous would be of more bennifit at sea level than it would at elevation.

Wade,

I pose a question to you. With all this talk of supposed "bad air", would you please gather the necessary data to show the breakdown of "good" sea level and "bad" air? I know for a fact my close to sea level air currently has 20.9% oxygen by volume. Is there less oxygen by volume at your altitude, or is there just less atmospheric pressure?

Answer these questions, then tell us about your bad air.

So a turbo spinning 75,000 rpm at 24 psi is not the same as the same turbo at 150,000 rpm at 24psi (same IAT) the mass is different? You saying the turbo working harder to make the same air at elevation isn't the same?

Anyone dyno a stock truck at 8000 and then at 0'? legit question.

Glad to see we are on topic, one of the largest dyno event's in the country and this is what we get what a great thread !!!

I demand Tasykakes and Cheerokee Red next time !!!

The Truth About Diesel Trucks - News - Diesel Power Magazine

The part i don't get is the turbo is gated at a specific pressure. specific pressure doesn't care for what's outside of the manifold. if we start at 12.0 or 14.7 doesn't matter, we'll spin the turbo faster to get to "24" in the case of elevation the turbo would add 12.7 vs 9.3 at sea level. especially in electronically controlled motor, how is there a loss in over all power? a little to heat if anything. .

never mind spool up, just peak power

This is funny!

I would like to here the answer on the nitrous myself! I have dynoed in thin air and at see level. Boy this should be good.

The Truth About Diesel Trucks - News - Diesel Power Magazine

The part i don't get is the turbo is gated at a specific pressure. specific pressure doesn't care for what's outside of the manifold. if we start at 12.0 or 14.7 doesn't matter, we'll spin the turbo faster to get to "24" in the case of elevation the turbo would add 12.7 vs 9.3 at sea level. especially in electronically controlled motor, how is there a loss in over all power? a little to heat if anything. .

never mind spool up, just peak power

Actually, 24 psig of manifold pressure would not be the same at "sea level" and "altitude". The gauge reads in reference to local barometric pressure.

I use quotations on sea level and altitude because there is more variables than just pressure. I guess one could go as far as to say sea level is Standard Temperature and Pressure, which "sea level" is not necissarily at. I would suggest learning more about density altitude, pressure altitude, and true altitude for anyone trying to understand why correction factors are bogus on a force fed engine.

Heres some reading.
The Different Types of Altitudes

Last edited:
Actually, 24 psig of manifold pressure would not be the same at "sea level" and "altitude". The gauge reads in reference to local barometric pressure.

I use quotations on sea level and altitude because there is more variables than just pressure. I guess one could go as far as to say sea level is Standard Temperature and Pressure, which "sea level" is not necissarily at. I would suggest learning more about density altitude, pressure altitude, and true altitude for anyone trying to understand why correction factors are bogus on a force fed engine.

Heres some reading.
The Different Types of Altitudes

i'll review your link later.

However, In a CR i wonder why the ecu would (or not) compensate for the barometric pressure differences between sea and mountain to archive the same performance. Surly the OEM's built in the wiggle room in stock applications is what I'm getting at.

Glad to see we are on topic, one of the largest dyno event's in the country and this is what we get what a great thread !!!

I demand Tasykakes and Cheerokee Red next time !!!

I could see why Coop didn't see them but Snedge ? They were there. . . .