SSR New Release Info and Results Thread...

Big Swole

MegaInterceptor
I hope Bob and Marco won't mind but I thought this might be a good idea. A new and fresh thread (for those who aren't secretive) to post their new findings, settings, & results using the Newly Release Smarty SSR!! With the other threads getting So huge, this may give the new comers a chance to Really see and get excited about this Awesome product without having to read 60+ pages or so...

Please give the basic's of your truck / vehicle and it's setup / mods...

Then give the settings used for Street / Track / Dyno use and the results from those settings...Even if it's just a SOP meter impressions of those settings..

Thank you Bob and Marco!!!:thankyou2:

David

P.S. I'll post this link in the other threads to direct everyone here for help with their newly purchased Smarty SSR!!

:drive:

*NEWS FLASH* Fox news has reported a possible directional change of the earths spin do to some unknown torque.

Good idea Swole!

I have been running it and its very impressive! I will by on the dyno this saturday and will post my results.. My truck and mods are in my sig..

Im eating my 100 grand that Bob sent me with my unit. Then I will proceed to Swole my truck up. Yummy.

Im eating my 100 grand that Bob sent me with my unit. Then I will proceed to Swole my truck up. Yummy.

no way, i didnt know bob sent that with the ssr lol....mikmaze sent me a pic of his brand new ssr unit with the candy bar on top..to funny..

...lets see some results fella's....:poke:

Last edited:
I thought you were supposed to save the 100k bar in the glove box, to eat while waitin for a tow if ya happen to swole it?

I thought you were supposed to save the 100k bar in the glove box, to eat while waitin for a tow if ya happen to swole it?

Damn!!

LOL

I had to switch to the snack size.. The big ones were too many calaries..lol

at least you got the humor to laugh about it. When I was waitin for a flat bed after cracking an injector I ordered a pizza and had it delivered to where I was broke down :D

I think its good to not see any results yet, shows that folks are respecting the warnings and potential disasters that now lie in their own hands. I gotta call my local dyno shop and try to set something up for a last minute arrangement, along the lines of its a rainy Saturday and I'm on my way.

at least you got the humor to laugh about it. When I was waitin for a flat bed after cracking an injector I ordered a pizza and had it delivered to where I was broke down :D

I think its good to not see any results yet, shows that folks are respecting the warnings and potential disasters that now lie in their own hands. I gotta call my local dyno shop and try to set something up for a last minute arrangement, along the lines of its a rainy Saturday and I'm on my way.

Oh yeah, I have to just laugh about now... Been through too much to let it get at me now...lol

Yeah, Being careful with this thing early on is smart...But I'm anixous to see what some folks come up with for settings and what not... Especially if they got dyno time...

Hopefully this thread will become very useful in the future....

look like we can turn off the pre injection... hmm

Unless Marco changed something for the new release software, then NO..

My Beta Instructions had something about the Pilot event being turned off but the box itself never went to that option...

David,
thanks for getting this started!
The pilot injection got pushed back due to other stuff being more important.
Yep, I consider the pilot injection as a simple "style exercise" since it'll gain nuthing...

A more important thing.... a few have reported a " delay" / "hesitation" during the shifts. It SEEMS that some trucks are affected by it, others not. Anyhow,
I've been working with one beta tester on this. I've done him another test software and I guess he figured it out . Only thing being, it's the worst case scenario for me. I'll need to go through most part of the software and verify the changes on the dyno. It's all about fine matching the different parameters... Whatever, I think by this time next week I'll have a new software version ready with the solution for this problem.

Back to work...

Marco

David,
thanks for getting this started!
The pilot injection got pushed back due to other stuff being more important.
Yep, I consider the pilot injection as a simple "style exercise" since it'll gain nuthing...

A more important thing.... a few have reported a " delay" / "hesitation" during the shifts. It SEEMS that some trucks are affected by it, others not. Anyhow,
I've been working with one beta tester on this. I've done him another test software and I guess he figured it out . Only thing being, it's the worst case scenario for me. I'll need to go through most part of the software and verify the changes on the dyno. It's all about fine matching the different parameters... Whatever, I think by this time next week I'll have a new software version ready with the solution for this problem.

Back to work...

Marco

Marco,

My truck was one that had that "delay" we're speaking of...Infact I think I mentioned it first and then paulb posted that he was having the same issue...

I wonder if it's an 05 thing? I believe his truck is 05 as well...
Soon as I get mine back up, I'll be able to see if the lastest update took care of it...

Thank you for working on it!

David

Is that shift delay even with no tuner? My 05 does that whether I have a tuner in it or not.

So.... I started with the DockBoy-ish numbers for my base tune. I Figuring he's got slightly bigger injectors (6's vs 5's), I could get away with his timing values on the high end for a start. And I want the higher hp later, not sooner with the manual trans. Tho, I'm just running a little 66 for air.

Well. This is impressive to say the least. Over the TNT/R. ohhh leeee poop! Marco, you got something here. :)

here's what I started out with

ambient temperature, 34-37 (by the time I got to work it was 37)

torque 2
speed 250
shift defuel off (well, meh, manual)
high rpm's

MP8 was still plugged in, but turned down. I'll get that pulled today. I think allowing the motor to see actual max boost the sensor can sense is a good idea right?

LLT 15
LLD 15
LLR 15

HLT 30
HLD 31
HLP 30

Initial impression around the block, "touchy". But ZERO, yes, ZERO smoke. I could rev it and get a little puff still. 1st, 2nd, 3rd seem to wanna "run away" but I'm curious if it was transition to HL or to much rail pressure gain? around 2500 it was pulling faster. again, zero smoke..

I will change the torque to stock (1).

Highway. Pulled very smooth getting on the road. I took it easy until water temps were up. I forgot about an early meeting I had so I couldn't take the long route and the trans would never warm up, plus traffic. meh. I could create some timing rattle and I could create a rail "dip" going from 50-60, 60-70. The rail on LLR was running about right at 19,000psi cruising. That's good for me.

I plan to change the LLT to 12 and LLD to 13.

The important thing to note here is the highway manners in regards to that tail pipe. accelerating from 60-70, I noticed one, super tiny puff if I got aggressive! nothing just taking it easy. TNT/R would have a nice large haze ball or worse.

Boost. 30psi with EASE under 2000rpm! It just makes air outa nothing!

Surge.. I let out of it at 30psi a few times and not a bark!

HighLevel. I had one clearing, rolling into the throttle and once it hit 35psi chit took off! I quickly let out of it, trans still cold, didn't think it would come up that hard..... no surge either! There was a nice haze tho behind me ;-) not a big deal.

That's all that I can tell you from my first 17 miles with the SSR. :) Yeah, I'm changing 4 things at lunch. :) It's how I do things. I'm curious what what the smoke levels will be when it's 80 degrees, we have one last cold spell this week and spring should be back. :)

One last thing. the 66/2.6 charger. It's going to be the new stock charger for Dodges. There's so obviously lots of tinkering to do but damn it's 100fold better to drive.

edit:
hmmmmmm I don't recall fighting with the trans this morning.... Could it be? could the revs return to idle better?..

Last edited:
Here was my last noted settings I ran on the street for decent spool / smoke / power....

For some with similar mods that want a powerful street tune...But then again, it may not work for all...Obviously..

TQ MNGT Stock
Shift Limiter OFF
RPM's Stock
LLT 15
HLT 29
LLRP 09
HLRP 35
LLD 18
HLD 32

Back