SSR New Release Info and Results Thread...

hey Jason, or anyone else for that matter....... when taking the truck back to stock from the S)6, did you have to return the setting back to stock tire sizes? my display says current size : 28.60 but I recall setting the tires in revs per mile when I put the 315's on, and they are 35 inches tall. I can not remember what the stock tires were or what size.

shouldn't need to change the tire size. I put it back to stock software and loaded up the ssr. the tire size was still 32.7 for me.

Last edited:
#SMARTY# means the smarty is still vin locked. You should be good to go. I will be in touch later.

how bout a confirmation that the suggested equivalent to sw 7 in the papers is correct? duration 30 low, duration 15 high? this seems backwards, but hell with all the excitement what do I know.

iam running a big 2.6 s400 and love ssr. will be daily driveing the truck with 65lpm injectors as soon as the trans and clutch get back

Thanks for the insight bud! Did you get an opportunity to drive it a bit before you started working on your trans? I know its a little different, because yours is a manual, but how does/did your 2.6 light?

looooooong way to go but a good chat with Jason sved me a few wits, who knew I had any left? it lives, lots left to do, but early day tomorrow so leavin it alone for now.

Do you need special programming for the high rpms, or does this come with the original version?

Thanks for the insight bud! Did you get an opportunity to drive it a bit before you started working on your trans? I know its a little different, because yours is a manual, but how does/did your 2.6 light?

We drove it a little but I had the LL dur and LLT set way to low. It did light easily though just had to get alota throttle to do it. Part of that is the cp3 is haven hell keepin up with the 65lpm injectors. I focused on building a sled pulling tune and dam does it work. Put over 40ft on the 5E truck that's tuned by bully dog with the 4500 rpm tune. I guarantee you if you questioning weather to get it or not. Just do it. You won't be disappointed. The broad power band is nuts!!!! We were sideways through 4th and 5th and that was backing out of it to keep it on the road

so how far apart have folks run the low level numbers from each other? same with the high

like rail 5, timing, 10, duration, 18?

We drove it a little but I had the LL dur and LLT set way to low. It did light easily though just had to get alota throttle to do it. Part of that is the cp3 is haven hell keepin up with the 65lpm injectors. I focused on building a sled pulling tune and dam does it work. Put over 40ft on the 5E truck that's tuned by bully dog with the 4500 rpm tune. I guarantee you if you questioning weather to get it or not. Just do it. You won't be disappointed. The broad power band is nuts!!!! We were sideways through 4th and 5th and that was backing out of it to keep it on the road

sounds sweet cant wait for mine in the mail

Not to rain on your parade but the 5E truck is running 2.4.D triple dog tune that was released over a two years ago. The RPM limit was at 3700 even though the option is set to go to 4000. That was our first attempt at High RPM. Just helping you out on the facts about the tune that is being compared against.

On another note Congrats on the win I did hear your truck ran great.
One hell of a pull.:rockwoot:

I talkd to bobby and he said he had 4500 rpm tuneing and it fueld past 4k hard. So maybe the facts got twisted a little. The reason I said what I did was because I was told by the owner of the truck that it had this bully dog tune. Not tryin to start a pissin match just stating what I was told.

Honestly man itd take a lot more to rain on my parade. I was at that pull to dial the truck in so winning both 2.6 and 2.8 class was a bonus.

It all good. Sorry bobby gave ya a little miss info. I only have given two people tunes that fueled to 4200 and they are both 06 and newer trucks.

Hope you finish getting your truck dialed in, They said it ran awesome.

Jason if you don't mind what 66 are you running?

I've got the ED 66/74/12 (S330) with DDP 90's and with all this new tuning I'd really like to have Chris put his Billet 66 wheel on and slap a .80ar on the back...

Back