SSR New Release Info and Results Thread...

Jason if you don't mind what 66 are you running?

I've got the ED 66/74/12 (S330) with DDP 90's and with all this new tuning I'd really like to have Chris put his Billet 66 wheel on and slap a .80ar on the back...

ED 66/73/13ss s330. I have exergy 110% voc style tips. we opted for the non billet wheel for me for now at the time. The billet wheel was very new for DDing then.

As a suggestion try going with the LLTiming up around 25, without changing anything else.

Paul

so, after playing around the < 15 numbers. I got the rattle on acceleration for the most part gone at 10/10/10. was sluggish, the transition to hl was harsh.

going to 18/18/18 it spooled better :) I'll move the LLTiming to 25 after some slower citing driving on 18.

If I go slow with the throttle, no rattles, if i go quick, I get a slight rattle. more or less duration? I'm thinking less.

this is sure fun! I did a wide open pass on HL's at 20 each. pulled like #5-ish in 5th power fell off at 3800rpm. stock cam... :)

We drove it a little but I had the LL dur and LLT set way to low. It did light easily though just had to get alota throttle to do it. Part of that is the cp3 is haven hell keepin up with the 65lpm injectors. I focused on building a sled pulling tune and dam does it work. Put over 40ft on the 5E truck that's tuned by bully dog with the 4500 rpm tune. I guarantee you if you questioning weather to get it or not. Just do it. You won't be disappointed. The broad power band is nuts!!!! We were sideways through 4th and 5th and that was backing out of it to keep it on the road

Thanks for all of the insight man. I made up my mind on getting the SSR and seeing how my truck will do up here. Im already planning on plenty of dyno time and track time as well.

So you're saying with the LL and LLT set a little higher, that it would perform better on the street?

Thanks for all of the insight man. I made up my mind on getting the SSR and seeing how my truck will do up here. Im already planning on plenty of dyno time and track time as well.

So you're saying with the LL and LLT set a little higher, that it would perform better on the street?

It starts to get sensitive with the LL's near 20, but it works better then you'd think.

I'm thinking maybe LL's around 24-ish could be had, hi-levels around 34-ish (dyno approved tho! :) ) and just use POD to pull everything back for day to day driving since that's a near instant change is the idea I'm thinking of working with. That huge transition from low to high is kinda annoying.

I scheduled a bunch of dyno time on a DynoDynamics dyno (not john's) May 5th 8am-noon. I hope the hand full of hard part change and street tuning/experimenting can be complete by then.

It starts to get sensitive with the LL's near 20, but it works better then you'd think.

I'm thinking maybe LL's around 24-ish could be had, hi-levels around 34-ish (dyno approved tho! :) ) and just use POD to pull everything back for day to day driving since that's a near instant change is the idea I'm thinking of working with. That huge transition from low to high is kinda annoying.

So you're thinking LL's, with a big single, are managable in the low 20's?

So you're thinking LL's, with a big single, are managable in the low 20's?

I have not gone that far yet. But 18's work just fine right now with execption to that quick rattle if I push the throttle just right. I'll bump it up to 20 on the way home, leaving duration and pressure at 18

If Marco could confirm or deny:

If I recall correctly, Marco took a "map" and "cut it in half", 50 times. it's plausible LLD18 and HLD18 were cut from a map called "18". So, in a map you progressively get more timing/duration as you change load right? Said map 18 goes from timing x to timing y. So, if you specify a "large" low level timing number for low level, it's not necessary the same amount of timing in the high level, even if HL is 18 becuase that side of 18 will need to be different to make the map, a map?

How much truth is in that above comment? some? none? Maybe some sort of explanation as to the relative relation to the low and levels?

Yes Please,
I have not gone that far yet. But 18's work just fine right now with execption to that quick rattle if I push the throttle just right. I'll bump it up to 20 on the way home, leaving duration and pressure at 18

If I recall correctly, Marco took a "map" and "cut it in half", 50 times. it's plausible LLD18 and HLD18 were cut from a map called "18". So, in a map you progressively get more timing/duration as you change load right? Said map 18 goes from timing x to timing y. So, if you specify a "large" low level timing number for low level, it's not necessary the same amount of timing in the high level, even if HL is 18 becuase that side of 18 will need to be different to make the map, a map?

How much truth is in that above comment? some? none? Maybe some sort of explanation as to the relative relation to the low and levels?

Thanks bud! I will keep posted and look forward to reading about your findings!

another day, any new numbers? tried the sw7 equiv, too much rp, took it back to near swoles levels, but still have rattle, gotta try something else after dinner.

Do not like LLT on 20, smokier, little slower spool.

18 was real nice. I might move duration to 20 and see.

I ordered mine still waiting on it. Not sure im going to use it after talking to Chase @ Fleece today. Pretty sure where going a different route.

What kind of rail readings are you maxing out on RP's with just the SSR alone? HLRP set on 50?

things move to fast to watch gauges :)

low level, I can not tell much of a difference between 5 and 18 yet. but macro said he was conserative on the rail.

I am limping on a stock pump for now. Trying to suck everything I can out of it if possible. Was holding 23-24k on TNT #5 but RP gauge has died. I think if I ramp it soon enough maybe I can feed the 2's conservatively. Insight?

stock cp3 or lift pump? either one and no way you're going to see max gains switching to an SSR, imho

stock cp3 or lift pump? either one and no way you're going to see max gains switching to an SSR, imho

I understand I will not see the true benefits, lack of cubic dollars will always hold me back. But I have been tired of being smoky with every other programmer that is out there and ready for real computer management. BTW I have the lift pump covered just waiting (saving) for a CP3.

I understand I will not see the true benefits, lack of cubic dollars will always hold me back. But I have been tired of being smoky with every other programmer that is out there and ready for real computer management. BTW I have the lift pump covered just waiting (saving) for a CP3.

He might not see the max results, but should see very nice results with some dyno tuning. IIRC I thought I seen where Marco made like 690ish hp with a stock cp3. I maybe be way wrong, but that's what I thought.

Back