Starting My P-Pump Swap This Weekend!

You don't sound nearly excited enough to have a running truck. I was giggling like a school girl when mine first fired up.

Check with multi-tester, the grids might not come on at all. Not to mention, when its cold out, it will cycle the solenoid, holding it for 30 seconds or so, depending on temp. Just tap the brown wire to the starter for a signal to the relay, its guaranteed to work, and if your just solder a wire to it, its pretty easy too.

did you get the nut on bcool?

if not get a peice of paper and stuff it in the socket then put the nut in it and tear the paper of around it and that should hold it in

did you get the nut on bcool?

if not get a peice of paper and stuff it in the socket then put the nut in it and tear the paper of around it and that should hold it in

Thats not really the big problem. The problem is getting to it. So many obstacles in the way.

As long as the vacuum pump is out of the way i didnt have any trouble getting the nut on and tight. If i ever have to take the pump off tho i will probably just put a notch in the head to make it easier.

As long as the vacuum pump is out of the way i didnt have any trouble getting the nut on and tight. If i ever have to take the pump off tho i will probably just put a notch in the head to make it easier.

I cut the whole corner off the head, and its still a PITA to get at. A fine tooth ratchet, preferably 1/4", is a must. I butchered a gear wrench to tighten it on initial install. If I were smart, I would have sprung for a reversible.:doh: