Street/Race wheel/tire combinations SHOW THEM!

I have these for the track M/T street 33/10.5/16<---never used YET!!! On an eagle alloy 16x10
View attachment 15164

View attachment 15165

View attachment 15166

And daily grind tires are toyo proxes s/t 305/60/18. I love them! Cut a 2.0 short time at the local track with them. My only advice they dont need to be warmed up as much:hehe::hehe:

Now theres a real set of drag tires!

My brother has a set of four for his 1st gen, only difference is they are on a 15" wheel.

I will see if he has a picture to post.

And daily grind tires are toyo proxes s/t 305/60/18. I love them! Cut a 2.0 short time at the local track with them. My only advice they dont need to be warmed up as much:hehe::hehe:

hmm, im about to pull the trigger on those exact tires in a week or two. How much and where did you pick those up from? only place i have checked so far is 4wheel parts

Best place for rims and tires I have found is rimzoneonline.com

Here are monster pump mikes 285/60/17 17"x10" rims on my truck, Were going to lower the front 2-3" as well as the back so it sits level or a 1" higher on monday:rockwoot:

As soon as I unload my 05 alloys Im going to get the Diamo Karat's and Toyo Proxies :woohoo:

IMG_0669.jpg

IMG_0671.jpg

IMG_0673.jpg

I really like the road handling and stance of the truck now! Im sure it will only be better lowered down a little more

i had 305/60/18 proxies on my truck and pulled a 1.69 6ft in a manual lol they were the largest proxies i could get without a 20in rim and they have a 3200 lb rating

best pic i have of them on my truck they daily drive great! there now on my friends truck (the white one) it will be at the track soon and he has a very similar setup as you. unless you have changed it again lol

Attachments

• 0901081320a.jpg
    0901081320a.jpg
    90.5 KB · Views: 81
  • 0921081159.jpg
    0921081159.jpg
    80.6 KB · Views: 75
Truck looks good Ian. Check treaddepot.com for tires, good prices and free shipping.

they make new proxes now they are different than that style but ive ran the style and they did really well on the street I liked them alot. they were very lightweight also for their size. john P. has ran a couple sets also and hes seems to like his also. I-C smoke your truck looks good I like those taillights

Thanks guys! It will be better looking a inch or two lower.:rockwoot: I still cant get over how cheap the tires are! $116 per tire 285/60/17... heck my 285/75/17 bfg's were $220 per tire:doh: rimzoneonline.com has been the cheapest place I have found, free shipping on rims btw...:evil

Here is the Proxie S/T II commented above.

toyostIIfull.jpg

hmm, im about to pull the trigger on those exact tires in a week or two. How much and where did you pick those up from? only place i have checked so far is 4wheel parts

I got mine locally for $220 each mounted and balanced.

Yes toyo does offer a new tread pattern but they will continue to offer the old tread pattern. You just gotta ask for the one you want.

rims will be here next week and the local tire shop mounted/balanced/installed for $114 per tire:evil

Hey gang, lets see some wheel/tire photos on your drag truck. Please post the rim and tire size :Cheer:

Im going to thow 1/2 ton springs under my 01 as well as new blocks in the rear to keep it level but havent decided on a wheel/tire package yet.

I like the DIAMO "Karat" rims but they only come in 10" wide :doh:
DI17K_Blkfull.jpg

Ill be wraping them with a set of TOYO Proxes S/T's
toyoproxesst_full.jpg

:popcorn:

HEY IAN, THE TRUCK LOOKS GOOD. I AM DOING THE SAME THIS YEAR- I TOOK THE LIFT OFF THE DMAX, ADDING A 1-2" DROP REAR SHACKLE. I WENT WITH 33" TIRES, DROPPED THE SPARE TIRE, REAR BUMPER, ADDED A ROLLPAN. HOPEFULLY I WILL DO A LOW 12, MAYBE HIGH 11 IN THE 1/4 MILE AT MILAN

Vaz thats awesome! let me know when your heading to Milan, I think a few of us cumminsforum.com people will be hitting the track a few times this year:rockwoot:

Vaz thats awesome! let me know when your heading to Milan, I think a few of us cumminsforum.com people will be hitting the track a few times this year:rockwoot:

me and the brother will be there this spring, and with a buddy of mine with a lmm that we are building twins for right now. also wondering why you are changing your tire and wheel setup? they look awsome right now as is.

Back