Super Diesel entry fee's and payout?

I never questioned what he has or has not won.

Again Im sure he is a great driver and all but again this is the first time I have ever seen anyone claim they did not get paid from NHRDA.

Look you can get pissed all you want. It was a pretty simple question posted twice and you have not answered either. I do not believe for one second Randy treats any group any better when it comes to payouts. If you did not get paid for wins at a NHRDA event did you ever ask him about it?

X2 couldnt have said it better!

If NHRDA pays back to 3rd place I never got paid. Mission, BC 2013.

Runninlean, I'm not pissed . I'm just telling you there was never a payout at any nhrda race that I've been at. 2 that I can remember MIR not sure what year and Maple Grove. I can remember at MIR when I asked RC if I was going to get a check for where ever I finished 1st or 2nd can't recall, he replied there was no purse to be paid, just contingency money. At Maple Grove 2nd place, no check. If there was a check coming I didn't get one. So why do you continue to tell me about payouts at every event. Good luck in your quest for a larger purse at all the future nhrda events. Thanks Steve B.

There are contingency monies and the rest depends upon turnout so if there were not the min trucks there may not be a payout!

I know Steve personally and he has no reason to make stuff up about not getting paid.

How many people were in the class you ran?

I run in the SD class. What difference does it make. I have a question for you or anyone else can you show me in print a posted payout at any nhrda race you've attended, excluding the world finals. Thanks Steve B.

They may have payouts in the class you run. I never got a check from this organization. Thanks Steve B.

I have raced with them (among other's) for 10 seasons I think in 5 different classes over these years with NHRDA, if a payout was advertised, I was paid and never heard from anyone that didn't when racers were told of one.

I do know there are classes and times over the years where payouts were not available and contingences were the only money available and I have personally experienced these also.

So I think everyone in this thread with NHRDA experiences are posting real world facts. Now we just need to find a way to get more $$$ for the racers.

I have raced with them (among other's) for 10 seasons I think in 5 different classes over these years with NHRDA, if a payout was advertised, I was paid and never heard from anyone that didn't when racers were told of one.

I do know there are classes and times over the years where payouts were not available and contingences were the only money available and I have personally experienced these also.

So I think everyone in this thread with NHRDA experiences are posting real world facts. Now we just need to find a way to get more $$$ for the racers.

Thanks for having an open mind. The event you mentioned above (was it a regular nhrda race). Thanks Steve B.

They may have payouts in the class you run. I never got a check from this organization. Thanks Steve B.

Steve I have known you a long time and you are a great person and a great competitor.

On that note you have never once told me that I owed you money?

You have my email and my phone number so not sure why you have not contacted me?

If a contingency sponsor did not pay you I am sorry but I do not baby sit our sponsors.

Steve is correct in the early days of the NHRDA we did not have payouts besides contingency payouts.

In the early days we were flying on planes with EZ ups to every track that would let us have a Diesel event so we could see what markets would support diesel events. I am sorry we could not afford to do payouts as most of the budget was spent on travel and advertising for event.

Since 2010 we have had guaranteed payouts at every NHRDA event.

Last year we paid out $141,800 in payouts to NHRDA competitors

and whether you like contingency or not our sponsors payout an average of $50,000 a year and I think this is a great gesture from all the sponsors that participate in our contingency program.

We do not make anyone do contingency so if you do not want to be part if contingency it is pretty simple do or dont

I hope this clarifies stuff for everyone

Steve if you want to give me a call I am in the office today but fly out to Texas tomorrow

Phone 360-658-4353

^^^ this is what I figured. Y'all had to start somewhere, and thankfully there's payouts now. I've never earned a check in the 5 years I've raced, but I don't spend a lot of time at the track. The contingency is a good bonus, if you win.

I apologize I did not get this weekend payout schedule published sooner but have been very swamped with upcoming events.

We will review Super Diesel tech cards and payouts but will not guarantee anything

1538686_684904194903406_3336031671169724336_n.png

At the most recent 2014 spring diesel nationals at Famoso Raceway near Bakersfield, CA.

I was told there was a $250 purse for the burnout contest, so I paid my $10 entry fee.

Unfortunately, there were only (2) other trucks besides mine that entered so it was an easy victory on my part.

NHRDA presented me with a nice trophy, a picture in front of their banner, and $250 cash! There definitely wasn't a "full field" of (10) burnout competitors yet Randy made good on the purse no questions asked.

A few years back at an NHRDA event in Wittman AZ, I placed 3rd in the Super Diesel Class, within (1) week a check arrived in the mail for $125. I submitted paperwork for contingency payouts and received my small $20 or $25 check from all of the various contingency sponsors that I qualified for.

I'm a not a poster child or anyone special to NHRDA, just a competitor that's been paid 100% of the time!!!

Nobody is saying Steve is lying. I think the entire story needed to be told. Not just they didn't pay me. More reasons to back that up should have been had before even making a statement like that is my opinion. There were 20 trucks in the field and and advertised purse and I didn't get paid. Or there were 2 trucks in the field and an advertised minimum and I didn't get paid. blah blah blah. On to the next.

In 2011 snf 2012 I had 14 contingency sponsors and got paid from everyone of them. That made for a pretty nice chunk of change if you won the event. Sometime it took a while to get all the checks but I always got them. As Randy said some of the events early on didn't have payouts.

What would be great about uping the entry fee in Super Diesel to the same as Super Street is there are almost always a full field in Super Diesel, that would make for a pretty nice payout.

Pay out to 8th place in the sled pulls, what is this special olympics, everyone is a winner?

Last edited:
In 2011 snf 2012 I had 14 contingency sponsors and got paid from everyone of them. That made for a pretty nice chunk of change if you won the event. Sometime it took a while to get all the checks but I always got them. As Randy said some of the events early on didn't have payouts.

What would be great about uping the entry fee in Super Diesel to the same as Super Street is there are almost always a full field in Super Diesel, that would make for a pretty nice payout.

Pay out to 8th place in the sled pulls, what is this special olympics, everyone is a winner?
Ya you LOSER sled pullers. Is this the special olympics or what. Bunch of wieners! LOL

Ya you LOSER sled pullers. Is this the special olympics or what. Bunch of wieners! LOL

Talking about special Olympic wieners reminds me.

Throw some extra stickers in your bag for me this weekend! Loser..

Steve I have known you a long time and you are a great person and a great competitor.

On that note you have never once told me that I owed you money?

You have my email and my phone number so not sure why you have not contacted me?

If a contingency sponsor did not pay you I am sorry but I do not baby sit our sponsors.

Steve is correct in the early days of the NHRDA we did not have payouts besides contingency payouts.

In the early days we were flying on planes with EZ ups to every track that would let us have a Diesel event so we could see what markets would support diesel events. I am sorry we could not afford to do payouts as most of the budget was spent on travel and advertising for event.

Since 2010 we have had guaranteed payouts at every NHRDA event.

Last year we paid out $141,800 in payouts to NHRDA competitors

and whether you like contingency or not our sponsors payout an average of $50,000 a year and I think this is a great gesture from all the sponsors that participate in our contingency program.

We do not make anyone do contingency so if you do not want to be part if contingency it is pretty simple do or dont

I hope this clarifies stuff for everyone

Steve if you want to give me a call I am in the office today but fly out to Texas tomorrow

Phone 360-658-4353

Randy, thanks for clearing this up. After the race at MIR I took for granite that there were no payouts from NHRDA. I apologize for not knowing about the payouts starting in 2010. That being the case you may owe me from Maple Grove 2011 or 2012. Thanks and good luck to you and the NHRDA. Steve B.