Super Stock truck build.

I figured that was the case. I haven't seen Dennis' other than pictures. It is being used on Young Buck though. I've seen Fleece's function and it is a nice system.

Yeah hopefully. More bad news. Data system somehow reset itself to its default serial number and I can't read any data. Have to send it back to racepak in RSM, CA to get it fixed. On top of that, they are closed this week for inventory.

Sucks you had problems when you needed it the most with the Racepak but I think you will really like it once you get it ironed out. The fire suits are crazy how expensive they are too. As far as the truck goes it sounds unbelievable. I wish you guys all the best this year. That thing is going to be nasty!

We have been too swamped with work and other projects to even look at it this summer. We made that test pass in Burlington and failed the injection pump, it hasn't ran right since.
We took it up to CDS and they spent most of a day with us going over things to no avail.
The only thing I can figure is the cam timing somehow slipped (nearly physically impossible)
They think that my CR is too low (11.5-1) but it ran right before the test hook. We also ran this CR and even a little lower with the cummins engines before with no issues. I'm thinking of bumping it up to 13 with a new set of pistons but I'm afraid that will cause me to have rod and rod bearing issues.
Right now I can barely get it to run and idle on fuel and any attempt to give it any throttle results in blowing fire balls out the exhaust and flooding out on fuel.
Pretty much a wasted year for us. Aggravating.

Last edited:
Stick with it Chris, it will be worth it in the end. You and your family will get it figured out when you get time to mess with it that is, work is always getting in the way if fun.

We have been too swamped with work and other projects to even look at it this summer. We made that test pass in Burlington and failed the injection pump, it hasn't ran right since.
We took it up to CDS and they spent most of a day with us going over things to no avail.
The only thing I can figure is the cam timing somehow slipped (nearly physically impossible)
They think that my CR is too low (11.5-1) but it ran right before the test hook. We also ran this CR and even a little lower with the cummins engines before with no issues. I'm thinking of bumping it up to 13 with a new set of pistons but I'm afraid that will cause me to have rod and rod bearing issues.
Right now I can barely get it to run and idle on fuel and any attempt to give it any throttle results in blowing fire balls out the exhaust and flooding out on fuel.
Pretty much a wasted year for us. Aggravating.

The compression thing makes no sense at all since it seemed to run quite well at the beginning of the test hook and during the hole shots at the shop. What failed in the injection pump?

The cam timing would be about the only thing that could change to make it pop and miss. Unless there are valve issues in one of the heads.

Keep at it. That thing will be awesome when complete.

Have you checked the head studs? Make sure they didn't stretch and loosen the head up letting the compression escape on one head

Compression is good on all cylinders. All are right at 240lbs
Valve lash checked good, heads are still torqued down, leak down checked out great for an engine that hasn't even seated the rings in yet. Pump timing is right on 45. Tried backing it down to 30 to prove a point with pretty much no change.
We pulled the alignment bolt out of the adjustable hub on the cam and it wasn't sheared or tight. The only other way it could slip is between the hub and camshaft but it has a full length keyed drive with a 5/16 tall key.
The rockers are all perfect, along with the pushrods and as far as we can tell with the heads on so are the valves and springs.

Injectors? It didn't send trash through them did it

Last edited:
Have u used a snap on diesel timing light...they set timing on #1 plunger on pump unless u know each plunger is in time for that Cyl... Sounds like cam in pump timing problem...

Here is a video of it running just before we took it up to CDS. It basically runs exactly the same now, the were able to tune the fuel knock out of it though.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YJz5QkoIO70&sns=em"]Not running well - YouTube[/ame]

The gear on the crank hasn't slipped has it? Also when you checked the cam timing can you check a cylinder further back in the firing order to make sure the cam hasn't twisted?

Last edited:
Man im sorry to hear aboit the truck! I was super excited to see this go down the track! Hope you figure it out man!

Pump timing didn't change so I don't think the gear on the crank could have slipped.
I haven't checked the cam timing yet, just checked for proper movement and valve lash.

Last edited by a moderator: