Super Stock truck build.

Here is another project that we have been working on in our "spare time".
JD 5010 with a 50series 619 transplant. Kennys three disc clutch, pump work, chassis work, "replacement" turbocharger, etc...

Just got it fired up tonight and will have it ready to hit the paint booth by the end of the weekend.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KSkKZea51mM&sns=em"]First fire on JD 5010 field stock tractor - YouTube[/ame]

A person always needs more than one project going at a time.

Dale

That 5010 would make a hot running farm puller.. Take it right on up to 900ci pretty easy. Keep us posted with pictures after paint.

Checked out cam timing last night before heading out for work. It is still spot on.
Back to more ???

Id send the pump out for a 2nd opinion. My truck acted like that at one time the phase timing was way out.

sent from my toaster....

The tractor sounds awesome! The truck definitely sounds like a timing issue. Almost looks and sounds like how a 12v sounds like timed 180* off.

Does cetane help it a lot ? Had a 2.6 motor that was 12:1 that ran like that until u went crazy with cetane level.. Change pistons to 14.5 :1 fixed it ..

It helps quite a bit.

Randy put the truck back together today, drained the fuel system out, and put some of the old fuel back in the system and it runs perfect now.
I was really scratching my head about why such a difference between the two fuels untill I called the distributor that delivers fuel to our friends farm and found that their driver had a switch up when he loaded his truck with 100% bio fuel on the day that he delivered to their farm.
I'm a little pissed that I've spent this much time and money to track down a problem that wasn't really there in the first place.
I guess I'll go get another drum of fuel from CountryMark tomorrow and try to make a test run at our county fair on Friday.

Last edited:
Good to hear it's running good, I would have loved to see you at the henry, IL pull.

Good greef, I was going to say there is something nasty with that fuel but seemed pretty unlikely. It's got me wondering about our fuel now too, because I know its a blend.

Last edited:
They got it out in the yard again and did a hell of a holeshot.
It hit 140lbs of boost and 7130 rpm. Wish I was there to video it.

Sweet Jupiter, even at 50%VE and 7000 rpm its pushing 4300CFM. Better strap small children and women to the seats.

Even though it was infuriating to find, sure glad it was something simple, Chris.

Video from fri should be awesome!! So glad you all got it resolved!!

So super max does not play well with tree huggers B100. LOL