super street question.

scott this will be the class my truck is going to be in BRING IT!!!

Once you can get that truck to out run my 8400lb tow rig then please yell SS all you want. HAHA

You got her back to the track since with the Nitrous failing?

I think you will find that a much higher percentage of Prostreet trucks break during an event than Superstreet trucks. The average Prostreet truck and ave Superstreet trucks times may be similiar, but the really quick Prostreet trucks are a good half sec or more quicker then the fastest Superstreet trucks. The current records are a full second different. I think the Superstreet record will drop to about 9.5 or so but I think the Prostreet record will go to around 8.5 or so. Trucks like the Hummin Cummins once they get it dialed in should flat move.

Last year Pro Stock was won by a 10 sec truck. Not to say that there wasnt faster trucks out there,, and not that Donovans truck couldnt go faster.. but he made passes with it, which is why he won, and is always competitive.

I really beleive that a 5000# 4x4 with around 1000, 1100 hp should be able to run high 9's low 10's all day long,, and stay competitive by still running at the end of each day

I really beleive that a 5000# 4x4 with around 1000, 1100 hp should be able to run high 9's low 10's all day long,, and stay competitive by still running at the end of each day

You can't depend on anything with 1000hp to be running at the end of the day. JMHO.

Once you can get that truck to out run my 8400lb tow rig then please yell SS all you want. HAHA

You got her back to the track since with the Nitrous failing?

Haha you know me all bark and no bite LOL max I can count on one hand the days I have had off since the last time at the track. I have a big pile of parts waiting and it should be enough for a low 11 high 10 if everything comes together (knowing my luck it won't). At least I'm fun to watch at the track LOL

Michael - Do you know how the "firewall" has to be attached to the body? Can it be secured with bolts/screws, or does it have to be welded?

It is not specified in the rulebook, but I have used bolted-in ones as long as you can't see any air gaps. I have seen them shine flashlights on the other side to see if there are air gaps, and will insist that you seal up any such gaps with caulk, spray foam, weatherstripping, etc. Basically some overlap and weatherstripping works well.