super street question.

SCHOOL BUS

DLRA T-O
Thinking about running SS next year. Need to change my battery location and get fuel cell out of the bed.

Here is what the rule says about fuel cells

Fuel Tank must be in stock location. (Fuel Cells prohibited)

What is the difference between a cell and a tank. When I see the rule on the first page is says nothing about cells prohibited, just that it has to be in stock location. So I cant just put my 15 gallon cell in the same spot as a stock tank? Is that any different than finding a small "tank" and putting it there? The rule doesnt say OEM tank must be used. Is this rule there to keep us from having a cell in the bed behind the axle?

I'm pretty sure it has been interpreted as just requiring the tank or cell to be in the stock location.

thats what im hoping. i shoulda crawled around the pits this week to see what everyone is running! lol.

Fuel cell in the stock location is fine. Fuel cell anywhere else it not fine. I think there is a thread on here sometime during the 09/10 rule changes that mentions it. Mine is a 5 gallon or so that is right where the OEM tank was.

My regular cab is in the build now. So hpoefully they don't change the rules

I have a question too and I don't want to start any chit fights I just want to see what people have to say. I am considering converting my truck to a super street truck but I have 2 batteries in the back and a hood stack. I don't have a problem with the hood stack rule but I question the battery in front of the bad rule. If they won't allow the batteries in the back then why allow nitrous? Its not like the batteries increse performance. Just my thoughts, like I said we have raced several nhrda events this year and are pretty happy with the way that randy ran all of them we attended.

I think the idea was that "street trucks" dont have hood stack or batteries in the bed. It isnt a performance issue.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk

They already let us 2wd guys run true slicks, if they let us start moving weight rearward with battery relocation, you 4x4 guys wouldn't stand a chance!

The rule change was to make the class more like a true daily driver class. Put a tiny 12 volt battery under the hood, mount the fuel cell under the bed and have fun.

They already let us 2wd guys run true slicks, if they let us start moving weight rearward with battery relocation, you 4x4 guys wouldn't stand a chance!

LOL right tell that to Rob, and Seth and a few others.....

How many races in SS were won by 2wd's anyone know?

The rule change was to make the class more like a true daily driver class. Put a tiny 12 volt battery under the hood, mount the fuel cell under the bed and have fun.

A tiny 12volt battery isn't enough to bring my cold blooded dinosaur back to life! LMAO its not about the weight its just about how much nicer under the hood is with being cluttered with 2 batteries on one side. And I still have a stock fuel tank in my truck so no worries about that. Only other thing is the hood stack which I'm kinda fond of.

Last edited:
A tiny 12volt battery isn't enough to bring my cold blooded dinosaur back to life! LMAO its not about the weight its just about how much nicer under the hood is with being cluttered with 2 batteries on one side. And I still have a stock fuel tank in my truck so no worries about that. Only other thing is the hood stack which I'm kinda fond of.

Sorry didn't make myself clear, other batteries would still be hooked up too, just need one under the hood, doesn't have to be a big one.

Didn't know the rules would allow that? But if it will work then that's what is going to happen!