Supercharged Cummins

The waterneck. Its not an insurmountable issue just havent done one yet.

Pretty much but the plate is machined for the IC pipe and the mount for the head. Theres no rocket science to the fabrication. I found it easier than the first time I had to mount a S475 on an auto WITH the heat exchanger. At least the SC has no external oiling to worry about.

thats what i had thought you'd do but wasnt sure, never really seen or been around a supercharger in person. you got any pictures that you wouldnt mind sharing?

i noticed that you said your sc runns on its own belt? how did you go about that?

The waterneck. Its not an insurmountable issue just havent done one yet.

Gotcha....makes sense now, just couldn't think of what was different from a 24v to 12v.

I'm thinking of putting one on the old 95 tow machine....how much power are you thinking you're making? I'm only looking for 450hp MAX, but the cool factor is there, and it's been forever since I fabbed something up for the old girl.

Chris

I must have some decent power, I out-pulled a porsche cayenne turbo yesterday from rolling 70-110 and she was still pulling when he gave up.
Its def cool, gets looks EVERYWHERE I drive it, and its just a rusty ol plow truck!

Very cool I was just looking at Prochargers but this will work as well and friendlier on the wallet.

thats what i had thought you'd do but wasnt sure, never really seen or been around a supercharger in person. you got any pictures that you wouldnt mind sharing?

i noticed that you said your sc runns on its own belt? how did you go about that?

check 1st post! :Cheer:

Carl with my upcoming move to California I am really thinking this would be nice to eliminate low end smoke. If I was to go with an S475 what would be best on the hot side of the charger? I was thinking an 83/74 wheel with a T4 1.10 housing would pick up and run pretty fast with a SC. Do you think that would be too small?

When you get time to set up a 12v set do you think the price will be much different?

Carl with my upcoming move to California I am really thinking this would be nice to eliminate low end smoke. If I was to go with an S475 what would be best on the hot side of the charger? I was thinking an 83/74 wheel with a T4 1.10 housing would pick up and run pretty fast with a SC. Do you think that would be too small?
I would think you could go with the basic 88/96. I drive smoke free and mine dosent take off till 10psi or so. If you had 5psi from the start, I think you could actually go bigger IMO

I would think you could go with the basic 88/96. I drive smoke free and mine dosent take off till 10psi or so. If you had 5psi from the start, I think you could actually go bigger IMO

What housing do you run? I was just thinking it would be nice to have a charger big enough to be the secondary but also I could limp by as a single if I was going to change the SC out or needed to remove it for more than a few minutes. I guess I could always run an external gate between the charger and manifold.

What housing do you run? I was just thinking it would be nice to have a charger big enough to be the secondary but also I could limp by as a single if I was going to change the SC out or needed to remove it for more than a few minutes. I guess I could always run an external gate between the charger and manifold.
I see. I run the basic 75/96/1.36. Which would be hard to run as a single. Just keep the 66 in your closet for a single lol

Here's a pic

I've watched the video about a million times obsessing over it lol I just was kinda looking for something to help make things more clear

Here's a pic of it. It's the Eaton MP90 over Turbonetics Y2K 80MM.

blower.jpg

Carl, can you forsee any problems packaging the SC with a regular comp cover S478 T6 on this T6 mani pointed down? Or would you rather us use T4 mani's and turbos? Regular comp cover and T6 TH would save about 600 on the turbo is the reason I ask.

02958120131_std1.jpg

02858125254_std1.jpg

Last edited:
I would think as long as the manifold has stock angles/locations and the turbo didnt get TOO big, it wouldnt be an issue.

Here's a pic of it. It's the Eaton MP90 over Turbonetics Y2K 80MM.

blower.jpg

Yeah I seen that picture, I'm just looking to figure out just how the belt is ran, I know "how" it's ran I just can't "see" it in my head

You can see 80% of the blower belt in the pic, and the edge of the pulley I had made to bolt to the WP. The stock belt is undisturbed.

You can see 80% of the blower belt in the pic, and the edge of the pulley I had made to bolt to the WP. The stock belt is undisturbed.

now thats where i had been geting confused, i thought you had just ran a longer belt.

Last edited:

now thats where i had been geting confused, i thought you had just ran a longer belt. do you think it could be done but just using a longer belt?