Supercharged Cummins

It COULD but you lose the ratio multiplication. the stock crank hub is 6.5" the stock fan pulley is 5" a 1.3:1 drive ratio. The pulley I had made is a 6" and the MP90 has a 2.2" a 2.27 ratio. 1.3 X 2.27 = 3.54 final drive ratio.
It could be turned as high as 4.2:1 but I wanted to be in the peak boost/efficiency range where my motor runs most.
To get the same ratio off the crank, you need a 1.83" pulley and I dont thing there is such a thing for these blowers. The smaller the pulley, the more likely the belt slips due to less contact area.
OR you make a big ole adapter and crank pulley like most aftermarket systems use. but thats still a second belt and the fan doesnt leave much room. I may make just such a piece for the CR though, as it is really the only good way to do it.

Last edited:
are the 12/24 water pumps different? i went out and looked at mine and it dont have a bolt to bolt onto it. or did you just drill/tap into the nub on the end? would you mind sharing details on how you did your blowers belt tensioner?

i really wana find a way to make this work on my fummins

The 12 vs 24 water NECK is different. I mounted the pulley on the FAN pulley. The tensioner is stock Cummins 5.9 and bolted to a bracket I made that uses the extra bolt holes in the 24 head above the water pump.

This is NOT a sales thread. please direct any sales oriented questions to the proper website as they cannot and will not be answered here. thanks.

This is NOT a sales thread. please direct any sales oriented questions to the proper website as they cannot and will not be answered here. thanks.

I don't have your number anymore Carl, Where can I find that :Cheer:

Since the MP90 seems to be made of unobtainium lately, and I scored a great deal, I'm switching SC's to a polished 2.3 Whipple blower.
This will be a revised set-up that hopefully most can use.
Will be using an 8 rib belt and "ultra grip" 2.5 pulley to prevent any chance of belt slip. I am also looking @ making a new fan hub/pulley combo to facilitate higher ratio's without using a huge aftermarket crank pulley.
The charger will still be mounted on the pass side to use the IC but will be mounted flat level with the engine.

DONE! :group:

mms_picture-24.jpg

no harder than twins, just pull off the air filter.
I can pull the ENTIRE blower assembly off in less than a minute if I needed to. ;)

:woohoo:
Nice, we need more specs.

2.3 whipple , ratio ? and turbo specs?

How much boost the supercharger make at idle and how much is total boost.

Do the whipple have internal overflow valve?

:woohoo:
Nice, we need more specs.

2.3 whipple , ratio ? 2.6:1 and turbo specs?80mm/.96 T4 Y2K

How much boost the supercharger make at idle2psi and how much is total boost.

Do the whipple have internal overflow valve?

external on this model and it isnt hooked up. I am using the Whipple to compound the Y2K. :Cheer: