Swole...Again!

Thanks Billy..

No Sir.. going to leave everything as is for a long while... Keep it a street / strip toy... Maybe do some Quick Diesel stuff with it detuned a bit.

I just need to enjoy if for a while and catch up on some bills..

Dave did you get a bore measurement yet, to see what the PTW clearance is?

Did mahle get back to you on the pistons and rings?

Not yet.. They needed to send the ring to a different location.

In the mean time, they are modding the piston itself for the stock style oiling hole location.

All I know is, I just want my truck back up and running soon!

Got home a couple of days ago.....had a look see at the new set of Monotherms like Davids and the ring pack is by Clevite and the second ring is marked correctly.

Hey Swole, Well pulled my pistons last night and confirmed the rings are Exactly like Joesixpack's all marked correctly and match the taper as chris's. So not sure on your part but hey at least you can move forward after you check the bore's out for size. Mahle sent me my cover plates so I can do the mod's like chris "joesixpack".

Chris.

Heading down in about 45 mins. To get started on the rebuild.
Mahle shipped the pistons back with a new ring package and were supposed to arrive yesterday.

With any luck and if all parts are in, I should be able to get it together by next Mon. Or Tues.... I'm only off today and tmrw. And then not off again till Mon. & Tues.

Heading down in about 45 mins. To get started on the rebuild.
Mahle shipped the pistons back with a new ring package and were supposed to arrive yesterday.

With any luck and if all parts are in, I should be able to get it together by next Mon. Or Tues.... I'm only off today and tmrw. And then not off again till Mon. & Tues.

So you'll be back at the track on wednesday? LOL

So you'll be back at the track on wednesday? LOL

Not Likely!! lol

At this point I could honestly care less if its fast... I just want it to WORK!!

Made some Progress today but Still have to get the head on but can't do that until my "Spool Aid" kit arrives... Should have been here a month ago but I hope I addressed that problem last night....Either its here Monday so I can finish or I will be pursuing my money back...

The New Oiling Hole mod that Mahle did..

They ended up doing slightly different than Chris (joesixpack) did....

Here is his old monotherms... He rotated the plates and welded them back into place using the current hole in the plate for the inlet hole and the other for the exit..

466509e4.jpg

3425d4cb.jpg

He ground the tangs off the plates to rotate and weld...Here are the plates out fo the pistons.

9ea7acb8.jpg

Here are mine.... Mahle dicided to machine the hole through the skirt like Chris did but just drilled another hole in the one plate and left the two original holes for exit holes... I'm sure it will acheive the same results and maybe a bit faster draining for the oil in the skirt galley..

3c3c3bf3.jpg

bd8885a5.jpg

19b93f16.jpg

addcab98.jpg

e78a1889.jpg

319d97be.jpg

13021bd5.jpg

New Ring package sent by Mahle...

New ring set was a number part number that replaced the old rings I had... They were marked differently too.. Dot and chamfer for the top..

ef782ded.jpg

b01e4079.jpg

93971709.jpg

3a8215ad.jpg

baf110a3.jpg

3f12bcc1.jpg

8429676d.jpg

0390a5a9.jpg

cd18d418.jpg

ddb79cae.jpg

c5f181ec.jpg

Everything was triple checked by three people before install..lol

So does this mean it's getting ready to be put back together?

So does this mean it's getting ready to be put back together?

Yes Sir.. The pistons and Rods are in...Bottom ended was assembled and torqued...The new oil squirters were bent for proper aiming and installed.. Block stiffner and Oil pickup tube installed and torqued..the pan with go on tmrw... I messed up my gasket I oreder from Snedge so we had to order another late today and will be there tmrw...

I'm on duty Friday - Sunday and will do about 38 hrs in three days...

Only hold up now is waiting on the "spool aid" that was supposed to be here a month ago... Then I can put the head on and torque it down...

Do my heat cycle and retorque... I'll drive it easy for a few hundred miles...Do one more retorque and then it'll be ready to add the fuel too it..

Hoping by Next weekend I can get it all done and my heat cycles / retorques and then take it home....

So tired of waiting..

Should have this thing fired up on Friday for at least my first heat cycle and / or test drive... Gotta do at least one re-torque before I'll feel comfortable to beat on it a little to get it broken in...

Tried something a little different in order to hopefully increase my spool up and decrease the off idle smoke even further...With the SSR and this combo, I'm hoping it'll be almost smoke free..

I went with a Cheap / Broke dudes Head port job (so to speak)... I know these things may not be of any total HP value but several folks are reporting better spool and lower smoke...

"Spool Aid"

c1a45956.jpg

2fb41aa5.jpg

29dd0caf.jpg

edd0142b.jpg

aef66db0.jpg

f47a744b.jpg

Looking good Swole! I had the machine shop thread tap the intake freeze plug holes to run my own spool aid. Instead of just pressing/pounding a pipe in, I will thread in mine. After thats all done, I will weld some JIC fittings on the tube from the intercooler just like yours and plumb it in nice with some hose. We will have to try to meet up when I come down to get my truck, maybe do lunch or something.

Looking good Swole! I had the machine shop thread tap the intake freeze plug holes to run my own spool aid. Instead of just pressing/pounding a pipe in, I will thread in mine. After thats all done, I will weld some JIC fittings on the tube from the intercooler just like yours and plumb it in nice with some hose. We will have to try to meet up when I come down to get my truck, maybe do lunch or something.

Sounds good man!! Lunch will be my treat!!

Btw, call that shop down here and tell that guy to hurry the heck up with your bottom end balancing and work... I want to see your truck run.

Jeffs ready to go when that dude is done..

Should be done today. I called on tues or wed and he(Roy) said they were just finishing it up and would be done on thurs morning.

Well If lunch is your treat Im have to stick around till supper and buy that. :- )

I cant freaking wait to see my baby again! I only owned it for a month if that and then I drove it down to the shop.

It's back to together and running!! :)

Had a wierd issue on stock programming but will have to explain it later..

Shot a vid of the first run too.. Will post it later..