Sx300-62 secondary

The 11-blade billet wheel is an option at the price range you are looking at and reports of about plus 100hp vs the std cast wheel are floating around out there. If you change to the 92 or 87mm turbines price will go up. If you don't like the idea of literally near zero whistle when it spools than this wheel is not for you though. Again, I don't have any quantitative results for you so far so I can only tell you what I have read and discussed with others.

Does the 11 blade wheel require that you have a race cover? Thinking real hard about writing some billet yum yum.

So you are talking about the s475 92 1.15 correct? Loud? Got any crazy cheap links for that one like the fmw62? Billet twins...... Mmmmmmm....

I run an 11-blade 475 with an 87mm turbine (older turbine with 80mm exducer) in a 1.1 a/r t6 housing. My charger came from CRT and is called the HPX but there are others on here that can source the 11-blade wheel so you have some choices. The link I provided for the 62 is just a factory option so it is readily available just not widely known. The 11-blade s475's are not factory produced chargers so no easy link on that one, although I found CRT's price to be very affordable. Try them or one of the sponsors here. Pretty certain Taylor (Tmoneydiesel) offers this wheel as do others.

I ended up going with the 179077 (turbo in the link that TF posted) with a s476 with the 7 blade staggered wheel (Jose from FI says it will be better than the 11 blade billet) in 1.15 ar for the same price as the older 11 blade. Hope it's awesome. Any thoughts.

I ended up going with the 179077 (turbo in the link that TF posted) with a s476 with the 7 blade staggered wheel (Jose from FI says it will be better than the 11 blade billet) in 1.15 ar for the same price as the older 11 blade. Hope it's awesome. Any thoughts.

You will not be disapointed in that setup.

Funny how every wheel flows more than another when you call different shops

Another option would be a billet 6 blade 78mm wheel. When my 75 gave out I had it rebuilt to the 78 and its a big different, still spools up good, but makes alot more power on the top end.

Top end is important to me but I lug more than I scream so I'm hoping I haven't made a mistake. I don't tow and I think I am going down to 35's when I need tires so I think I will be ok. Time to see if my Spec ST clutch holds up to its "specs". Supposed to be good for 2200ft/lbs.

I'm still a little worried about the 7blade vs the 11blade.... Any true believers in one vs the other?

Also back to the link in the first post.... Any downsides once built and installed to the Industrial Injection layout (3gen t4 manifold, secondary in stock location) with the primary on top?

Last edited:
I feel much better about taking Jose's advice now. Thanks to all of you for help, guidance and most of all patience. I will report back with progress. Turbos ordered..

One more related question: Is there a downside to doing an industrial injection type build? (Secondary on third gen manifold [htt cem 44] and the primary on top like this:
http://www.cumminsforum.com/forum/04-5-07-3rd-gen-all-products/613044-twin-turbo-kit.html versus a 2nd gen manifold secondary..

My charger was machined to an hx40 flange. As far as 11 vs 6 or 7 from what I gather the fewer primary blades can move more air but not do as well at higher pressure ratio. With a better flowing late model motor it is likely better to go with the 6 or 7 blade stuff but that is pure speculation on my part. And again, if you like hearing your charger the 11 blade wheel is not for you!