Texans Speak Up!!!

This brings up some questions that I have been wondering about for the last few months...

How many sled pull trucks are in texas? excluding workstock

Where are they?

How many are real 2.8 trucks, most that pull with TTTPA are not even
running 2.8 turbos.

Are there any 3.0 or mod trucks in texas

.....................................................................................................

Im in. where would these pulls be?, not exact locations but general area.

What sled will you use?

I am in the process of building my truck it will be running in the 2.8 class but i am building the motor for 3.0 and will run a bushing for the TTTPA and NADM until I get everything dialed in then I may step up to actually run the 3.0 class not sure yet....

as for where the pulls will be that is undecided but we are going to try and spread things out a bit so we are close to a different group each time. As far as sleds go, we have been talking to Mark Willis and I am pretty sure we will use the HWH sled for the cen-tex pulls and we will see what other sleds we can round up.

thanks
Jake Staton

I think that 2.6 and 2.8 should be inspected, registered and insured, after all they are supposed to be street legal.

I would pick a turbo for whatever class you are going to run because the bushing rule is going to change. Running a bushing is BS...

I agree running a bushing is bs. whats the point in having classes if a 3.0 can run in the 2.6 class :bang

I think that 2.6 and 2.8 should be inspected, registered and insured, after all they are supposed to be street legal.

I agree with you except for inspection and mainly because you cannot get an inspection without a muffler which I think is BS but oh well... and a lot of these guys dont daily drive their pullers.

but this is the reason the thread was started so we can get everybodies thoughts and ideas...

Thank you

Jake Staton

2.6 totally agree.

2.8, depending on what vehicle it is on, you cannot even drive it on the street. So, I don't think the inspection should matter. If we are to build a 2.8 Power Stroke, it won't be street legal, period. It will smoke like a freight train, won’t light until 3,000+ rpms, EGT's will be through the roof etc.

we will play just get the rules together,and hopefully we could run in more than one organization. have an 2.8 in the build, an 03 and an 04.5 but both have twins which leads me to what class would they run in . they are not all out pulling trucks

I have talked to quite a few people about this it is hard to find a good consistence,

Compound trucks should be in their own class. The class should be setup for street compounds, not performance compounds. So, the low pressure chargers should be regulated to say 2.8 or 3.0 and the high pressure should be limited to 2.45 or 2.5.

I have talked to quite a few people about this it is hard to find a good consistence,

Compound trucks should be in their own class. The class should be setup for street compounds, not performance compounds. So, the low pressure chargers should be regulated to say 2.8 or 3.0 and the high pressure should be limited to 2.45 or 2.5.

Well said, that has been my issue with getting into pulling. I will have the twins on soon, but I won't be competitive in my class, so that's no fun. If there was a street twin class, I would be all over it.

Well so that is three trucks for a street compounds class, would these be competitive with say a 3.0 or not. if so then we can combine the two and have a maximum of 3.0 primary and as trusted said a 2.45 or 2.5 secondary.

Lets keep this thread alive because it just gives us more leverage to get sponsors and investors to help us get the ball rolling.

JT I knew yall would probably be in. I am planning on coming by to visit with you and Chris next week when Im in town. if you could PM your number and Ill give ya a call next week when im in.

Jake

Or there could be 15 different classes with 2-3 trucks per class that way everyone feels they have a fair chance.

Id still like to see you come up with a field of 10-12 3.0 and mod trucks.

For a fist year I say keep it simple.

no offense to anyone, but if you want to sled pull ditch the twins or step up.

Im under the under standing that this will be a serious sled pulling org. real money real points.

I agree with you except for inspection and mainly because you cannot get an inspection without a muffler which I think is BS but oh well... and a lot of these guys dont daily drive their pullers.

but this is the reason the thread was started so we can get everybodies thoughts and ideas...

Thank you

Jake Staton

Texas you can get inspections w/o muffler because as defined in the inspection handbook (at least the last one I looked at a couple of yrs ago) it states a mechanical muffling device (turbochager) is sufficient.

Or there could be 15 different classes with 2-3 trucks per class that way everyone feels they have a fair chance.

Id still like to see you come up with a field of 10-12 3.0 and mod trucks.

For a fist year I say keep it simple.

no offense to anyone, but if you want to sled pull ditch the twins or step up.

Im under the under standing that this will be a serious sled pulling org. real money real points.

Very good point as well. I really didn't think about the long run. I will still show up even if I'm not competitive, but winning is always fun.

Texas you can get inspections w/o muffler because as defined in the inspection handbook (at least the last one I looked at a couple of yrs ago) it states a mechanical muffling device (turbochager) is sufficient.

That is no longer true.

i'm thinking about putting a muffler on cause my stack is too dang loud.

Well so that is three trucks for a street compounds class, would these be competitive with say a 3.0 or not. if so then we can combine the two and have a maximum of 3.0 primary and as trusted said a 2.45 or 2.5 secondary.

Lets keep this thread alive because it just gives us more leverage to get sponsors and investors to help us get the ball rolling.

JT I knew yall would probably be in. I am planning on coming by to visit with you and Chris next week when Im in town. if you could PM your number and Ill give ya a call next week when im in.

Jake

The guys running a true 3.0 competition truck should have much more fuel than someone running a street compound setup with mild fueling upgrades because they pull a lot.

Classes need to be different.

With the amount of compounds in Texas, I would suggest going with a compound class and allowing the 3.0's to bush down to a 2.8.

The guys running a true 3.0 competition truck should have much more fuel than someone running a street compound setup with mild fueling upgrades because they pull a lot.

Classes need to be different.

With the amount of compounds in Texas, I would suggest going with a compound class and allowing the 3.0's to bush down to a 2.8.

Ok I like that Idea... but we've had two guys say that they think bushings are BS what are everyody elses thoughts on that subject and why...

NADM, and TTTPA both allow Bushings.

jake

IMO ditch the inspection requirement in the 2.8 class. If I build a puller, it will not be my DD. I would rather use, what would be the insurance payment, on fuel to get to the pull. Workstock I can understand, and maybe 2.6, but I dont want a 2.8 street legal truck.

Back