Texans Speak Up!!!

I have no problem getting it inspected/registered (meaning everything works)but like speed shift said I would rather use that money for mods to be more competitive in my class. My truck has not been on the road (legally) since about 04 (I live in BFE and it doesn’t get more than 2 miles from the house)

How about some kind of rule where is must be able to pass inspection on site? You can prove everything works at the scales?? lights, horn, turn signals etc.

just an idea Im still new to competitive sled pulling but im trying to learn.

The TTTPA bushing rule is going to change, and from what it sounds so is the NADM rule.

There are to many guys building all out 3.0 trucks that make 800+hp and then bushing the turbo down to run 2.8.

Here is a thread about bushings and such, alot of good info to consider here...

2.6 turbo rule - Competition Diesel.Com - Bringing The BEST Together

Teching at the scale is fine untill it starts to hold everything up.

Its not just street legal its streetable, I want to see a 12v running 35* of timing no intercooler, a welded front diff, and a huge "2.6" turbo take a little cruise around town.

Last edited:
The TTTPA bushing rule is going to change, and from what it sounds so is the NADM rule.

There are to many guys building all out 3.0 trucks that make 800+hp and then bushing the turbo down to run 2.8.

Here is a thread about bushings and such, alot of good info to consider here...

2.6 turbo rule - Competition Diesel.Com - Bringing The BEST Together

Teching at the scale is fine untill it starts to hold everything up.

Its not just street legal its streetable, I want to see a 12v running 35* of timing no intercooler, a welded front diff, and a huge "2.6" turbo take a little cruise around town.

I talked to Pete Riola (President of TTTPA) today. He told me that there had been no discussion of changing the turbo inlet bushing rule and that the rules that are in place are locked in through the 2011 season.

Secondly the trucks do not have to be streetable just street leagal. these are competition pulling trucks not daily drivers for most of us that want to compete at the upper levels.

There is no reason to be negative about this we are just trying to put together a pulling association for guys like us that just want to have more options than just one class, and we would be more than happy to have you participate with us, and to be honest I have watched you pull several times this year and I think it be pretty cool if you were to try n2o in our mod class. and pull in the 2.6 or 2.8 as well.

Thanks
Jake Staton

Im not trying to be negative, I would really like to see this all work out.

According to NADM rules the 2.6 and 2.8 trucks must be streetable, this is why they have the test drive rule.

You started this thread to get everyones input. These are just my thoughts.

Yes TTTPA rules are "LOCKED IN" through 2011, but there are some things that need to be amended. These things will be addressed at the upcoming meeting.

It would be great to get classes that everyone can run in, but also have rules that are writen in black and white that have non of the grey areas that keep the class from being competitive.

When you say MOD class I think Sheid, Big Bad Dodge, Ohio Cat......

Me running NO2 against a truck of that nature doesnt sound competitive. Maybe you have a differant idea on this Mod class.

This is why I say its going to be difficult to get a field of 3.0 and Mod trucks.

Maybe you could combine the 3.0 and Mod class so the guys running twins could have a class, but guys that are running a single up to ?? size could run NO2. Call it limited modified.

2.6, 2.8, and Limited modified (stock drive line) and if there are enough trucks to make a true 3.0 (open driveline) at least for the first year.

Everything is being considered fellas. Nothing is set in stone at this point. Please feel free to voice your opinions. We want this thing to be puller friendly.

Im in but i really would like to see some rule a good while before the first pull. That way if any changes need to be made to my truck i dont have to do it the week before the first pull.

I think you'll be best adopting a set of rules already running like the NADM rules.. instead of starting over... and just follow what every they do with the bushings.. turbo...
And I'd stay away from the NOS.. in any class...

Jake, not sure when you plan to start pulling, and I'm sure at first it will just be a few events.. but the HWH schedule fills up quickly.. (but it wouldn't surpise me if another sled comes to the area..)

TTTPA.. locked in for 3 yrs.. but we can make amendments :bang amedments are supposed to be for safety... Ask the Hot Farm guys.. a new tractor comes in.. and the wheelbase isn't correct.. so were going to change the rules, so he can pull.. so now everyone else has to change their tractors.. (I get to cut the front Axle off a tractor I haven't even finished.. If they change it like rumored..) Sorry.. just venting...

Jake we're in.. I'll be helping NeedMoPower... We'll be stepping up..

Bryan

I think you'll be best adopting a set of rules already running like the NADM rules.. instead of starting over... and just follow what every they do with the bushings.. turbo...

I fully agree

Jake, not sure when you plan to start pulling, and I'm sure at first it will just be a few events.. but the HWH schedule fills up quickly.. (but it wouldn't surpise me if another sled comes to the area..)

TTTPA.. locked in for 3 yrs.. but we can make amendments :bang amedments are supposed to be for safety... Ask the Hot Farm guys.. a new tractor comes in.. and the wheelbase isn't correct.. so were going to change the rules, so he can pull.. so now everyone else has to change their tractors.. (I get to cut the front Axle off a tractor I haven't even finished.. If they change it like rumored..) Sorry.. just venting...

Jake we're in.. I'll be helping NeedMoPower... We'll be stepping up..

Bryan

Bryan, long time no see my friend...

I dont care for nos either but we have had at least 4 guys that have asked for nos in mod class and the way i look at it is "oh well it aint mine". Hopefully as things grow and progress over the next few years we will have some true Pro Mod trucks.

On the HWH sled were having a meeting with Mark Willis and Pete Riola from TTTPA about sled availability and to help us figure out a few things.

We also as of last night registered our website domain name This Web site coming soon we will have email addresses and contact information and hopefully a front page up by next week. We are hoping to put rules in place by the first week of October.

Jake

Would yall let a 2 wheel drive dodge run in the workstock class with a 30" hitch?

we are planning on having a stock 2wd class

Can you tell me more about this? I know of a bunch of guys that have 2wd trucks that would be real interested in this. Can you give me an idea on the stock 2wd rules? I can go anywhere in the state to these events.

Can you tell me more about this? I know of a bunch of guys that have 2wd trucks that would be real interested in this. Can you give me an idea on the stock 2wd rules? I can go anywhere in the state to these events.

We will hopefully have set rules by the end of the month and they will be posted on the website. The pulls will hopefully be held in or around bigger cities all over the state. Go ahead and talk to your friends and get them interested, and give us some suggestions on rules that yall think are fair.

Thanks
Jake Staton

Back