"The 2.6 right now is 3.0 undercover."

Before you trash someone with money, and assume it was luck, you might want to know the background of that person.

Perhaps that person never owned a car until they were a junior in college, and spent 4 years studying(not partying) at a school worked while in college, then spent the next 5 years repaying student loans. Then further more spent the next 5 years busting tail working every bit of OT they could getting calls in the middle of the night that were for work. They might even continue to drive a salvage title car with 188,000 miles on it.
Just sayin'...

I know that I would really like this guy!

The 11-blade compressors will start popping up soon, good luck with a box unit after that.
There are already billet wheels out there that run as well as these new BW Garrett knock offs you speak of

Claimer rule won't work either. It's simple, you don't control the turbine wheel size, you don't control anything.

NTPA doesn't seem to have a problem doing it. Turbo and Clutch Inspectors | Member & Tech Services

Nothing new about that rule at all. Full Pull Productions ran a turbine rule for awhile. A major pain to tech. Comparing teching a tractor to a truck is pointless. Tactors are so much easier to get at and so much simpler. Still a pain to tech after a pull due to heat.

The other issue is that and I am sure you know this is that limiting the turbine and outlawing wastegates gives a pretty good avantage to the smaller cube engines. The larger cube engine will over the flow of the turbine before it can get to the useful areas of the compressor map.

I still think that best overall would be to go to a 2.6 rule with protrusion rule and limit Comp wheel exducer or limit the comp housing diameter.

Those rules will pull the class back and can be teched much easier than your turbine rule.

Money will always find it way in like Dan brings up head work and cams. With a turbine rule you will see short stroke lower cube engines start to show up.

Knock offs? Greg been teaching you how to shove your foot in your mouth?

What does Greg have to do with this?????

Garrett's GTX line up have 11 blades.

There are already knockoffs of them available for sale. Garrett does not sell the wheels separate so the copy artist already at it.

Why don't we just do this like they do so many things in NASCAR. Have the pulling organizations provide the charger for every truck at the track. You have to get there 8hrs ahead of time or something and have a tech watch you install the approved charger. Complete with tamper proof seals and all that jazz.

Of course this will never be practically implemented nor can it be. But it's about the only way to TRULY level the playing field. Otherwise the guys with 10k to drop on a charger can ALWAYS have an edge. Not saying they'll always win, but they have a lot better odds.

Maybe they should split the 2.6 class up...... say have like a powder puff 2.6 and a biggie boy 2.6 class.

Sorry guys I had this on my mind for sometime now.....:hehe:
CARRY ON...........

as long as 2.6 allows pratically everything 2.8 allows... 2.8 trucks will continue to drop down and hook. period.

1. take the hanging weight away (that will eliminate 99% of any serious 2.8 truck wanting to come run in 2.6

2. make the suspension 2" of travel

3. make factory fuel tanks mandatory. and enforce it!

4. make vehicle regeristration AND state inspection mandatory, and enforce that rule aswell! you dont have current paper work on the truck... you dont pull.

all this talk about running an approved spec turbo is nonsense. this aint NASCAR.

as long as 2.6 allows pratically everything 2.8 allows... 2.8 trucks will continue to drop down and hook. period.

1. take the hanging weight away (that will eliminate 99% of any serious 2.8 truck wanting to come run in 2.6

4. make vehicle regeristration AND state inspection mandatory, and enforce that rule aswell! you dont have current paper work on the truck... you dont pull.

all this talk about running an approved spec turbo is nonsense. this aint NASCAR.

Make a 2.7 class LOL. The 2.8 class is gonna disappear probably anyway. The 2.8 guys need a place to go, either up or down.

Then have a 2.5 no hanging weights etc, just like you mentioned.

crap, now i need a new bushing!

LOL

I don't see issues with the 2.6(or 2.7) if you require wheel protrusion, if 2.8 goes away. You do need a class under the 2.6 though and maybe a 2.5 is the ticket? Require the class to have no hanging weights, and put the max limit on the compressor diameter?

No hanging weight and you make them down size their charger? So you basicaly give 2.6 to the 2.8 guys because they don't have enough trucks. That is bs. That's the problem now, you have 2.8 and 3.0 trucks in 2.6 that shouldn't be because of grey rules.

What does Greg have to do with this?????

Garrett's GTX line up have 11 blades.

There are already knockoffs of them available for sale. Garrett does not sell the wheels separate so the copy artist already at it.

Because as of late, your comments have resembled Greg's "opinions". Informing all of us how inferior products are that you have no hand in producing.

Because as of late, your comments have resembled Greg's "opinions". Informing all of us how inferior products are that you have no hand in producing.

Really.

That is funny because on think the same when they read your posts seeing how you go after people than try to hide behind your sense of humor.

Greg has nothing to do with my opinion in the turbos. He is a fan of BW stuff. Remember he is sponsored by Industrial Injection a BW dealer.

I don't care for BW. That is an opinion that I have formed from my experience with them. Not much data of usefullnes available. When I actually got of a hold of someone at BW looking for info on the flow of the 87mm turbine. I got a email back just look at the GT45 turbine map. It was modeled after that. No kidding! I will see if I can dig up that email.

I asked the about the new 11 blades that some are selling to one of the dealers of them. He said Garrett will not sell just the wheel so we had copies made.

Do the 11 blade wheels work? Sure do! I was just a part of a test that put a BW S480 up against a new GTX45R. I helped tune the truck till we considered the S480 was maxed. Then they removed the turbo with the truck still on the dyno. Installed the GTX45R and made just over 150 more HP with no tuning changes. Tuning helped find a little more yet.

I don't hang on Greg's shirt tales. He doesn't call me and tell me to post stuff. I post what I feel like, when I feel like it. Some of it Greg agrees with some of it he does not. You keep posting remarks like that trying to show that I am in his pocket or posting for him.

Easier to do that then to respond the tech I post I guess.:stab:

I probably just misunderstood your sense of humor again huh?

I think you use that as a scape goat.

Last nite i ran the BOB series in Sturgis Ky got there early in talked to the tech offical. He seen that i already had 1/8'' protusion in we talked about it. He said that what there going to in Jan. 2011 He also said 90% of there 2.6 guys are only running 2.5 charger's cause they actually measured them a while back. He think the only way to control thing's is the protusion rule.

Now this is someone thinking outside the box. I like it!!! If you want to make it fair make it fair for everyone. Don't only limit or make the big money guys spend more money to compete, hurt everybody's set up and start over and see what happens to the guys that should not be in this class anyway. My guess is they move up. That would include me and u guys that are b**** about the stepped covers and money guys. By the way protrusion is not the answer at all!!!!!!!!!!!

make two classes, single chargers and twin chargers. singles cant be any larger than a high school tuba and the twins cant be any larger than two high school tuba's. now that would be fun.