"The 2.6 right now is 3.0 undercover."

I probably just misunderstood your sense of humor again huh?

I think you use that as a scape goat.

No misinterpreted humor, I find it comical that you can jump on here and lay claims not directly related to the wheel I speak of. I don't care if you have tested the GTX model wheel, or what your opinion of the "knock off" wheels is, do you have the flow data comparing these differences? I converse regularly with the people whom machine these wheels, but maybe I should regard your opinion over their information from testing. It's just another typical bull**** statement to jump on someone's product without ever having first hand experience with it.

make two classes, single chargers and twin chargers. singles cant be any larger than a high school tuba and the twins cant be any larger than two high school tuba's. now that would be fun.

I'd rather see college tubas.

No misinterpreted humor, I find it comical that you can jump on here and lay claims not directly related to the wheel I speak of. I don't care if you have tested the GTX model wheel, or what your opinion of the "knock off" wheels is, do you have the flow data comparing these differences? I converse regularly with the people whom machine these wheels, but maybe I should regard your opinion over their information from testing. It's just another typical bull**** statement to jump on someone's product without ever having first hand experience with it.

I am not sure we are talking about the same wheels. We could be talking about to different things. I am not talking about BW made wheels. There are not many capable of machining a wheel like these from billet. Takes 5 axis CNC and all the goodies to do it correctly. 4 and 5 axis is what I do for a living so I know more than a little about it.

I was looking to purchase a GT42X wheel over the winter to rebuild my GT42 to put on the self. I called around tryng to get one. One vendor told me like all the others that they where not available for sale. You must buy complete charger, but they where having copies made and that you could get them to fit BW turbos also. I said no thanks. I don't care for stuff like that.

Being a Precision machinist/Tool maker in the US the last thing I want to do is spend my money of knockoff stuff. We do some work for Honeywell so that to me is like biting the hand that feed you.

I am not talking about BW knocking off Garrett stuff. I am talking about a independent dealer having knock offs done to fit BW turbos.

Generally the highend BW stuff comes from the KKK line up. Like the Forged billet wheels and the Titanium wheels.
Last talks I had with someone at BW about it they said that KKK was working on stuff for the S500 and S510 lineups. Smaller covers, lighter backing plates and more wheel options. You are just know starting to see that stuff hit the states. They want to bring something out that competes with the GT55 line that is extremely popular in the drag racing world.

Precision uses knock off wheels, point redundant.

Where in post does it say Precision?

It says
Precision machinist/Tool maker

As in my job. I am Precision machinist/Tool maker.
Not that work for Precision Turbo and Engine.

Nothing to due with Precision wheels in that post. They will make you custom billet wheels.

rules

as long as 2.6 allows pratically everything 2.8 allows... 2.8 trucks will continue to drop down and hook. period.

1. take the hanging weight away (that will eliminate 99% of any serious 2.8 truck wanting to come run in 2.6

2. make the suspension 2" of travel

3. make factory fuel tanks mandatory. and enforce it!

4. make vehicle regeristration AND state inspection mandatory, and enforce that rule aswell! you dont have current paper work on the truck... you dont pull.

all this talk about running an approved spec turbo is nonsense. this aint NASCAR.

i like where you are going with this but the taking away hanging weight $.02 isn't going to eliminate to many.

BUT if you take away the weight and traction bars from the 2.6 class you accomplish moving the over 700hp trucks up to 2.8 class to keep the driveline under their trucks! you will have a few that still have a good feel for their trucks and a smooth foot to be able to pull it off but them few are exceptional drivers and will do good with whatever and wherever they pull and this will require most to consentrate on driver skill and truck setup even more than ever.
by doing this it will give the daily driven street trucks that have modded a turbo a place to be.

the 2.8 class needs to take the water injection away and allow that only in the 3.0 and most of the 2.6 will step up to save there driveline!!

maybe that will starve the 3.0 guys but maybe not.

and last thought that i've had for a while is have a "run what ya brung" DRIVE IT IN CLASS. if it drives in will sit and run throughtout tech and class meeting maybe a hour or so of run time because your only teching hitch and safety items and 1 ton drivetrain it pulls. any turbo or twins triples whatever. no need to tech just normal drivetrain and SAFETY!!

ok i'm ready to be :kick: i got my cupLOL
just my thoughts dont kill me:doh:lol

People need to stop letting NADM force rules down your throat.

If this was posted by anyone but Kevin, I guess it might mean something!!, lmfao!!Whats wrong Kevin? Even with a Cummins in your Ford, still getting spanked? Must be somebody's elses fault, right?LOL

If we have forced anyone to adopt our rules, please step forward.

Oh let us not forget, the NADM doesn't hide behind closed doors making up rules for their own particular shop trucks, or their friends, we make rules from the suggestions of pullers all over the country.
In other words, pullers control the performance content of our rules, not us.

Our 2.6 turbo rule has been the same for 3 years...if its time for a change, my phone should be ringing..its not.

Where in post does it say Precision?

It says

As in my job. I am Precision machinist/Tool maker.
Not that work for Precision Turbo and Engine.

Nothing to due with Precision wheels in that post. They will make you custom billet wheels.

Your assumption based on what you use.

Again you twist.

I said nothing about Precision in that post.

I know you run a Precision charger, which has "knock off" wheels. I just find it amusing that you talk down other companies for using the same principle.

Rules

Boy this is some good reading! I must be a serious puller, I have Gene's number.

you are sting
there is some good stuff on here wow I love the 2.6 class lol :snoop:

I know you run a Precision charger, which has "knock off" wheels. I just find it amusing that you talk down other companies for using the same principle.

So this is a knock off?

Who made this one first?
IMGP1210.jpg

IMGP1209.jpg

IMGP1208.jpg

It is not a knock off. Center section and Turbine wheel are Garrett. Comp wheel, backing plate, and comp cover are Precision parts.

Precision build s some of the best turbos around. Just not cheap. The fastest turbo cars run Precision turbos. Three turbo cars in the 3 second club. All Precision turbos. Wakeman and Kusilek run them to. Some knockoffs!

turbo

that kind of looks like the wheel i have. but mine came from borgwarner directly.:rockwoot:

Attachments

• billettcomp1.bmp
    351.6 KB · Views: 0
That's your problem in a nut shell. You don't have time or want to listen to the other 75% of pullers in the class. They are beneath you.

You are incorrect, NADM does not listen to chronic complainers and whiners or guys who want to change rules so the can win or SELL PARTS

WS to Mod can call or email anytime.
Dont bother calling drunk. (its happened, you know who you are.:hehe:)
We even set up a rules section for NADM members on our official site.

Making idiotic statements on CompD about how we dont care about 75% of the pullers is just outrageous, and false.
We ARE the ones who cater to the unknown pullers.