"The 2.6 right now is 3.0 undercover."

I agree with the wheel protrusion for the reason of guys dropping down from 3.0 the same night...

You don't think they will have an different wheel to swap out? Swapping the wheels in the turbo doesn't take long. What makes you think they won't switch them in between time?

Threads like this are what kill our sport!:nail:

The 2.6 class has blown up over the past few years and taken over where the 2.8 left off. Well, guess what, what governed the 2.8 class is now doing the same to the 2.6 - stock driveline. All the guys out front are hitting a wall and giving the rest of the class a chance to catch up. Give it another year and the 5 trucks out front will be joined by 5 more to compete, and so on.

As far as turbos, the current crop of turbos aren't that expensive in the grand scheme of things. Change the rules to protrusion, S300 or whatever, and every turbo company out there will jack there price on those and you will see guys spending a small fortune to find one that gets them a little more than the other. And the guys spending big money now will have a custom charger that costs god knows what and the little guy will be forced to spend $2000 on a box stock S300 just to keep getting his butt kicked. Look at the Superfarm guys. They have pretty simple 3x3 turbo rules and they have become the Nascar of pulling. They will spend thousands for that extra 25-50 hp.

Either accept being in 10th place out of 30, or stay in WS or keep brush pulling. I built a truck for 2.6 and it's not keeping up. That just fuels my fire more to beat the guy with more in his motor than I have in my truck, trailer and tow truck. I may not ever get there, but even if it's for a very brief moment, it will make it all worth it and I will be drinking like a Comp D moderator that night.:rockwoot:

Do we need more WS classes back - YES! Do we need another rule change again - NO! Get off the internet and work on your trucks!!

The 2.6 class has blown up over the past few years and taken over where the 2.8 left off. Well, guess what, what governed the 2.8 class is now doing the same to the 2.6 - stock driveline. All the guys out front are hitting a wall and giving the rest of the class a chance to catch up. Give it another year and the 5 trucks out front will be joined by 5 more to compete, and so on.

As far as turbos, the current crop of turbos aren't that expensive in the grand scheme of things. Change the rules to protrusion, S300 or whatever, and every turbo company out there will jack there price on those and you will see guys spending a small fortune to find one that gets them a little more than the other. And the guys spending big money now will have a custom charger that costs god knows what and the little guy will be forced to spend $2000 on a box stock S300 just to keep getting his butt kicked. Look at the Superfarm guys. They have pretty simple 3x3 turbo rules and they have become the Nascar of pulling. They will spend thousands for that extra 25-50 hp.

Either accept being in 10th place out of 30, or stay in WS or keep brush pulling. I built a truck for 2.6 and it's not keeping up. That just fuels my fire more to beat the guy with more in his motor than I have in my truck, trailer and tow truck. I may not ever get there, but even if it's for a very brief moment, it will make it all worth it and I will be drinking like a Comp D moderator that night.:rockwoot:

Do we need more WS classes back - YES! Do we need another rule change again - NO! Get off the internet and work on your trucks!!

Well said, I still believe in several years we will look back and the number of competitors will be smaller. The $$$ to compete will drive folks out, look at the superfarm tractors, the gasser trucks, etc, etc. Those are mature classes, the diesel competition hasn't matured yet.

The brush pulls try to run NADM rules to "get more pullers". What you end up with is one or maybe two trucks that put 40' on the field. Then you get guys that flat out cheat to try to keep up. There is no place for a true hot street truck any more. Kill the sport... you decide what kills the sport.

The brush pulls try to run NADM rules to "get more pullers". What you end up with is one or maybe two trucks that put 40' on the field. Then you get guys that flat out cheat to try to keep up. There is no place for a true hot street truck any more. Kill the sport... you decide what kills the sport.

No, the same 3 or 4 put 40 feet on the field here in Ohio that I see week in and week out. Should we change the rules so instead of battling for 5th, we boot them out so we can battle for 1st and feel all warm and fuzzy that we won a pull that we tailored to fit our trucks? Don't think so, my last name isn't Scheid.:hehe:

You have the 2.8 & 3.0 trucks in a class they shouldn't be. When the average guy feels the need to flat out cheat there is a problem. Is this going to keep the sport growing?

So this is a knock off?

Who made this one first?
IMGP1210.jpg

IMGP1209.jpg

IMGP1208.jpg

It is not a knock off. Center section and Turbine wheel are Garrett. Comp wheel, backing plate, and comp cover are Precision parts.

Precision build s some of the best turbos around. Just not cheap. The fastest turbo cars run Precision turbos. Three turbo cars in the 3 second club. All Precision turbos. Wakeman and Kusilek run them to. Some knockoffs!

Hmm. So PTE takes a Garrett designed wheel that is made in cast and Billet already....they made a small change to their liking and now its custom. Another company takes the GTX wheel makes some changes to their liking and its a knockoff?? BTW, the GTX wheels are copies of the Rajay B-flow....so you might want to get informed 1st.:doh:

I agree with you 100%. 2.6 isnt the entry level class any more. If there are gray area's in the rules in you can push them so be it. I Built my truck along with other's in pulled last weekend in i didnt win but came in 4th you dont see me crying about it. Im looking to make some changes to get up the next three spots.

Mouths shut, foot on floor? Where is the room for crying and whining o wait that is the tail of the pack people bif.
Brandon

Go back to WS or find a way to get the money to keep up. Dont mean to sound like a hard a$$ but it motorsports in money has alot to do with who win's.

It is not a knock off. Center section and Turbine wheel are Garrett. Comp wheel, backing plate, and comp cover are Precision parts.

They use the GT42 turbine without the stub shaft, Garrett didn't make it, so in your words it is a "knock off". I guess you could say the same thing about Turbonetics, or Bullseye Power.

Dont mean to sound like a hard a$$ but it motorsports in money has alot to do with who win's.

Pulling isn't cheap (or easy), and they guy with the most money usually wins (and if not, generally has an advantage). That is indisputable.

The problem myself and others have with it is there is NOW/CURRENTLY very little cost difference between 2.6, 2.8, and OEM drivetrain 3.0.

Some don't require as much safety in 2.6, but most do. That being said to be on TOP in National 2.6 pulls (where duel fuelers are allowed), you have spent just as much money on axles, driveshafts, motor, fueling, safety equipment, suspension, etc., and just about the only difference is turbo's and injectors and price differences of those components between classes is not that much (at least from what I have seen between 2.6 and 2.8).

Some say 2.6 turbos are cheaper therefore the class is cheaper, but I suspect many guys haven spent more on their custom 2.6 chargers than those in 2.8....

Motorsports is not cheap, but it should be cheap enough AT THE BOTTOM to encourage new pullers to start and/or step up a level. Many don't want to look at it this way, but 2.6 is at the bottom. Yes, Workstock and most brush pulls are lower, but 2.6 is the bottom for organized pulling. Yes let the big classes spend their inheritence as that is what many like to see, but give the sport an opportunity to GROW instead of stunting it.

The funny thing is there are those that complain about others people's agendas but they seem to have their own (even if they don't realize it). People talk about those who are crying, but there are some in 2.6 who have spent a ton of dough to dominate a beginner class and they seem to cry the most.

Not directed towards anyone in particular: Before thinking about what should or shouldn't be a rule, please look at the ramifications for those wanting to get into the sport. Think about the 17 year old who doesn't stand in Daddy's pockets and wants to compete. He's pulled a few times at brush pulls and has done OK and wants to step up in a year or two to competitive organized pulling. Rules should allow him to get into the sport and do well enough to want to strive for more (and be reachable). I'm not saying he should win his first years out (actually he shouldn't as he doesn't have seat time or experience), but he shouldn't get his ass handed to him by 150' either if he gives an honest effort.

Right now without spending a TON of money, there is no chance of doing well in most areas of the country in 2.6 and that is not good for the sport *bdh*

Edit: As I've said before the 2.6 classes have been good for the sport as it has allowed many "nobody's" to become "somebody's" and gather interest in the sport. The problem is with the influx and competition it has raised the bar for what is average (or the norm) and started putting it out of reach. As it gets furthur out of reach (from a dollar perspective) and in this economy, there is going to be a point where people don't take the plunge into pulling which is unfortunate. We don't need to make it an "everybody plays" or "everybody wins" sport, but be concious of putting it out of reach for the willing....

Back