The demise of 2.6?

solution..
2.5 Limited
Unlimited single ODL DOT tires
Super MOD Cut tires :welcome:

$.02 Wheres my Tylenol My head hurts...

Unlimited single? Lol you do know there is a certain truck running a 5" single in supper stock now that is WELL over the 2k mark

The middle class needs to be odl without a needed deck plate and a class a 13mm pump can keep up with. 1400 1500hp be Jused right

As a spectator, i want to see three classes....one that loks like trucks off the street, one that can hang weight with hood stacks, and super stock. And i want to see a distinct performance difference.

As a spectator, i want to see three classes....one that loks like trucks off the street, one that can hang weight with hood stacks, and super stock. And i want to see a distinct performance difference.

2.5,2.6,and 3.0 you dont see a huge difference around here in those trucks.
looks obviously are different, but they still seem to have the same performance other than a few 3.0 trucks.

The discussion and change to ODL looks like it is going to decrease participation at a local level for us. A lot of discussion of selling or staying home. Unfortunately on a local level it takes a group of budget guys to make a show. Even though odl is optional and can be done cheap, the perception of the class looking forward seems expensive. It makes you think of a simpler time of pulling on a smaller budget. We will see when the season draws near, how it plays out.

It will play out like this. The ones who have the money or the support to make the power to need open driveline, will have the money and support to change. Everybody else will still be way behind.

Then, What's there to sell. These 2.6 trucks won't be worth anything. Cause the ones that could use the chassis or turbos, air to water, intake runner manifolds, hand throttles and other parts have the money to buy it new. Then the 2.5 class rules disqualify about everything done to my truck so it won't be worth nothing there either. Pretty well leaving a guy hung out to dry. In my opinion

It will play out like this. The ones who have the money or the support to make the power to need open driveline, will have the money and support to change. Everybody else will still be way behind.

Then, What's there to sell. These 2.6 trucks won't be worth anything. Cause the ones that could use the chassis or turbos, air to water, intake runner manifolds, hand throttles and other parts have the money to buy it new. Then the 2.5 class rules disqualify about everything done to my truck so it won't be worth nothing there either. Pretty well leaving a guy hung out to dry. In my opinion

That sir is the truth. 2.6 in the past was a decent class. No clue why people can't bring power back and just run what they used to

Exactly. As an outsider and spectator myself that would make the most sense.

I don't see why pullers wouldn't want that? As it stands you have to spend a boat load of cash to build a truck and be competitive in any of the classes. More people would enter the sport if it was available to them.

Pulls around me seem to have tapered off and gotten smaller rather than grow in the past few years. Hell if it isn't a super stock i couldn't even tell you what class is pulling at any given time.

Anyone who thinks Open Driveline isn't an advantage are only fooling themselves!! I'm not against it. If you don't think its an advantage to have a drop box then you know nothing about gearing....

Anyone who thinks Open Driveline isn't an advantage are only fooling themselves!! I'm not against it. If you don't think its an advantage to have a drop box then you know nothing about gearing....

Also people probably aren't thinking... just because you run a drop box don't mean you HAVE To run a reverser. In my opinion if people already have a 3 speed nv4500 it would be tit's to keep it and setup your drop box for yours "inbtween" gear. You would be able to then gear up or gear down if the track does change after you already set your drop box gear up.

You can buy a brand new drop box for 2k give or take a little. Sell your 271 to a 2.5 truck that need one. Bam pretty sweet setup for less than 1500.

Also people probably aren't thinking... just because you run a drop box don't mean you HAVE To run a reverser. In my opinion if people already have a 3 speed nv4500 it would be tit's to keep it and setup your drop box for yours "inbtween" gear. You would be able to then gear up or gear down if the track does change after you already set your drop box gear up.

You can buy a brand new drop box for 2k give or take a little. Sell your 271 to a 2.5 truck that need one. Bam pretty sweet setup for less than 1500.

You are correct

I believe there have been a few Profab nv4500s broke this year as well though. I couldn't say whether they were collateral damage or not though.

I believe there have been a few Profab nv4500s broke this year as well though. I couldn't say whether they were collateral damage or not though.
Your right. Any part is breakable. Bonehead driving breaks a lot of crap also

It's possible not saying they wont. But if I was doing a big rear and was iffy about dropping box and reverser, you'd be money a head you go on and do at least drop box than to explode a tcase and have to build another motor too.

I know we never broke a nv4500 but broke a ton of other oem stuff.

By the time you add up a few trans rebuilds+ front/rear axle replacements+mulitiple ring and pinions, on top of what ever else has broke bc of it . you could buy all ODL stuff once and not have near the problems. its not a 100% fix by no means but it will help.

so are there any deff. rule changes with ppl? I don't want to see open driveline but im not against big rear ends. I think a 2.6 smooth bore charger makes it easier for the tech process, they will find a way to make big hp numbers no matter what they do with the turbo rules, also money will always win no matter what rules they put in place.