The demise of 2.6?

so are there any deff. rule changes with ppl? I don't want to see open driveline but im not against big rear ends. I think a 2.6 smooth bore charger makes it easier for the tech process, they will find a way to make big hp numbers no matter what they do with the turbo rules, also money will always win no matter what rules they put in place.

News flash it's not going to be 2.6 smooth bore. I'm pretty sure they don't want the 2.6 class to make less hp than a workstock class.

Mines a cclb cr Dodge and with how mines setup I'm at 161.5" center to center, I believe most are 163". And it's also not our fault you didn't start with a school bus... Why should we have to cut ours up?

Mines a cclb cr Dodge and with how mines setup I'm at 161.5" center to center, I believe most are 163". And it's also not our fault you didn't start with a school bus... Why should we have to cut ours up?

Because the rules say 158". Just like all the gas classes have a wheel base limit. Do you think all those gas trucks came with 130" wheel base?? You all whine about everything! You get ODL so you can quit beotching about breaking R&P and now we want to cry about having to move the axle that you need to weld in 3" forward. And if you want to know. 2nd gen dodge eclb is shorter the 158

Last edited:
I love it when when people post saying ppl is doing this or that when there hasn't even be a damn meeting about rules.

Sent from my SM-G900R4 using Tapatalk

There was a rules meeting at Rudy's with several people and this what they were told ppl is doing . its the truth believe it or not like Jeremy said everyone wanted odl 158" is the wheelbase that 3.0 has ran from years what did you expect?? This new 2.6 smooth bore 3.0 is replacing the current 3.0 class pretty much. Stop *****ing and get to work if you don't like what ppl is doing ask your local organizations not to following ppl

PPL informed folks at Rudy's.
And also have heard that before and heard it was said at schieds also nothing happens. And anyone i know that was pulling at any of them never said they heard it either but im not saying some changes in the rules are not happening cause something will change but always seeing posts that are like "oh its happening a friend of a friend talked to so and so" it happens every year and gets old

Why 158" though? Couldnt it be factory bed and cab for your model year? Or something along those lines. Top trucks aren't 163" wheelbase so it's not making trucks win.

There was a meeting at Rudy's. Odl,3.0 smooth, 158", they also want engine cables and safety hitches now too! They said last year 158 would be enforced this coming year...nothing new there....

Why 158" though? Couldnt it be factory bed and cab for your model year? Or something along those lines. Top trucks aren't 163" wheelbase so it's not making trucks win.

What's to say a guy says he bought a cab and chassis with a 190" wheel base. It would legal by your theory. 158 has been the rule for years. The SS trucks and 3.0 are all the same. So why should you be different.

what did you expect??

I expected PPL to go ODL. I expected PPL to limit the wheelbase. I don't expect PPL to have the rules posted on the PPL web page before 2016 starts. If the rules are "official " it only takes about ten minutes to update the official rules page.

I expected PPL to go ODL. I expected PPL to limit the wheelbase. I don't expect PPL to have the rules posted on the PPL web page before 2016 starts. If the rules are "official " it only takes about ten minutes to update the official rules page.

It does take a while to come up with their wording ennervations.

What's to say a guy says he bought a cab and chassis with a 190" wheel base. It would legal by your theory. 158 has been the rule for years. The SS trucks and 3.0 are all the same. So why should you be different.

Why should the class change for people. Why not the people change classes? That's why there is already a ODL, wheelbase, and charger rule. It's called 3.0. You don't see any tractor guys *****ing to get the rules altered to them. They just change classes if they want to push the limits.
This is a evolving sport. I understand but why even have 2.6 now. Just throw it out... With a turbo change its the same as 3.0.. Who wants 1200 when you can have 1500hp at the wheels... ??????

Why should the class change for people. Why not the people change classes? That's why there is already a ODL, wheelbase, and charger rule. It's called 3.0. You don't see any tractor guys *****ing to get the rules altered to them. They just change classes if they want to push the limits.
This is a evolving sport. I understand but why even have 2.6 now. Just throw it out... With a turbo change its the same as 3.0.. Who wants 1200 when you can have 1500hp at the wheels... ??????
Hit the nail on the head!!! I've said the same all along. But no one wants to step up cause they think they won't be able to hang

Last edited:
To much persuasion involved in this game...

I urge everyone with with a issue with wheelbase email info@propulling.com. A lot of guys have already expressed via email to them. Numbers speak volume

COTPC 6500lb pro street gas trucks run 550ci engines with half the torque of our diesels and run single tires and 24 inch hitch and tear up Dana 80 R&P in 10-12 hooks so how is weight hitch and tires going to fix the problem, I thought those thing would fix the 2.6 class until I talked to a few of those guys

Amen

Need to fix the driveline problem first. Everyone talks about How open driveline will kill the class, if we don't fix the breakage there won't be a pull for us to pull at.
Promoters, myself included, will not pay to have the 2.6 class and have to pack half the trucks off the track or only have a few trucks show up to pull because the trucks are all broke. Why would they want our class?
We only get 2-3 hooks out of a r&p, when it breaks everything else follows. I just pitched 17 R&P for the year. Personally we are done until something changes, decreasing the HP is not an option bc of the 2.5 class. 3.0 class is not offered in the western series, so what is the fix?

Amen

Sell your pulling trucks & buy a mustang or camaro or Harley,much less b.s. like this so called expensive hobby.*bdh*