The demise of 2.6?

Geeze with all of the built D80s that are going to be up for sale I might as well start building a 2.5. I could build one relatively cheap!

2.5 around here are at 4-500 hp right now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

With the new proposed turbo rule and 3.0 smooth bore turbos making around 2.6 hp numbers 5 years ago+. I'll just stick with my d80.

I've seen a few rear ends and transfer cases for sale since this thread was started. I'm guessing some guys are on board!

From what I've heard Harts 2.6 w/ groove and 3.0 smooth make the same power.
Harts HX60 or GT55? Trying to guess how concerned I should be. Haha. I do agree that they will likely prefer less rpm, that WILL cause more driveline problems for those not going open. Of course, the truck turbos seem to change more rapidly than the tractors, maybe a new wheel design that is truck specific will be needed.

Harts HX60 or GT55? Trying to guess how concerned I should be. Haha. I do agree that they will likely prefer less rpm, that WILL cause more driveline problems for those not going open. Of course, the truck turbos seem to change more rapidly than the tractors, maybe a new wheel design that is truck specific will be needed.

I'm not positive but i believe the GT55.

I've seen a few rear ends and transfer cases for sale since this thread was started. I'm guessing some guys are on board!

I'm not for open driveline. But you can't fight "the man". So with that said. Mine is some of the crap you see for sale

Sounds like what was discussed at Rudy's is the rules for PPL from the banquet. 3.0 smooth bore ODL in place of 2.6 and 3.6 smooth bore DOT tires in place of 3.0

Edit: I'm getting mixed info on the tires for the 3.6 class. Some say DOT some say cuts. So we will have to wait for definite info.

Last edited:
Thanks Jeremy for passing that on, any word if they will allow current 2.6 chargers in 3.0 smooth bore for 2016 season, their was talk that they would allow it only for the 2016 season at Rudy's

Thanks Jeremy for passing that on, any word if they will allow current 2.6 chargers in 3.0 smooth bore for 2016 season, their was talk that they would allow it only for the 2016 season at Rudy's

If you don't make folks change, you might as well not write the rule.

It was said that power would be the same, and that allowing both would ease the pressure on turbo builders to take the time to get them right . that's my worry that we will be exploding them beginning of the season

Our rules in Texas are locked in for 2 more years so we can see how that works out. Well except they voted to allow a open rear end but everything else the same.

It was said that power would be the same, and that allowing both would ease the pressure on turbo builders to take the time to get them right . that's my worry that we will be exploding them beginning of the season

Only issues I have with that is all these questionable covers will still be out running if they allow them to both run. The smooth bore will be considerably less then the questionable covers. So how do they regulate them if that's the case and this goes for the new 3.6 class also. I know there were some of them in the old 3.0 as well.