The demise of 2.6?

I was told those trick covers weren't winning any pulls anyway, so if that's that's true there was no need for rule changes anyway...

Are you saying the top 4-5 in ppl were running them? BC they we out front most of the year

Are you saying the top 4-5 in ppl were running them? BC they we out front most of the year

Not worth the pissing match, the rule change was needed. There were quite a few running "questionable" covers and not just from one turbo source.

I would say if they did still allow mwe covers this year for the change over there should be a rule in place for STRICT location of the wme. As in, the groove that is measured. 200 has to be located at the compressor wheel and no larger than x.xxx... weston has some good wording to keep the "crazy" covers out of some classes.

Turbo rule change is great going ODL is dumb in my book. Also wish had deep pockets like the rest of you. Yea pulling isn't cheap but this is getting out of control with rules changing and everything else.

Sounds like what was discussed at Rudy's is the rules for PPL from the banquet. 3.0 smooth bore ODL in place of 2.6 and 3.6 smooth bore DOT tires in place of 3.0

Edit: I'm getting mixed info on the tires for the 3.6 class. Some say DOT some say cuts. So we will have to wait for definite info.

Anything said about wheelbase? 158?

I was at the rules meeting. The 3.0 and 3.6 rules will read like the current 4.1 Limited Pro rule. OEM bed and cab floors, 158" max wheelbase, open driveline.

3.6 will be called prostock diesel truck and 3.0 hasn't been decided.

I was at the rules meeting. The 3.0 and 3.6 rules will read like the current 4.1 Limited Pro rule. OEM bed and cab floors, 158" max wheelbase, open driveline.

3.6 will be called prostock diesel truck and 3.0 hasn't been decided.

3.0 street diesel truck:hehe:

Both classes will now run bed and cab floor or just the new 3.0?

Sent from my SM-G900R4 using Tapatalk

I believe retaining the bed and cab floor is just for the new 3.0. There are very little old 3.0 trucks that still have either.