The demise of 2.6?

Why are rules changed without the pullers vote?They are usually made by someone that has never pulled or built one,let alone pay for it.I started in 1986 & still the same old b.s. only 10 X more expensive.:blahblah1:

Why are rules changed without the pullers vote?They are usually made by someone that has never pulled or built one,let alone pay for it.I started in 1986 & still the same old b.s. only 10 X more expensive.:blahblah1:

I am guessing it's because PPL is owned by Lucas Oil just like NTPA is owned by WPI, therefore the the pullers can offer their opinion about rules but as a privately owned company they can make the rules as they see fit.

the rule changes have been discussed for 2 yrs already with multiple meetings amongst ppl pullers

I like the thought of the "Limited Pro Stock" name. Follows the same lines as tractors...

-Super Stock Diesel Truck
-Pro Stock Diesel Trucks (3.6)
-Limited Pro Stock Diesel Trucks (3.0)

Sent from my 0PJA2 using Tapatalk

That would help truck guys understand the tractor classes better and vice versa. Too logical. It will never happen!:hehe:

They had to make rule changes in the 2.6 ,look at ALL the carnage draged off the tracks at the big shows.
Here's my class names

Pro-mod Diesel
Super-mod 3.6
limited mod 3.0

Not much is stock anymore, I buy some stock form time to time, but I would call that $$$$ making time,Hopefully..........

Just the new 3.0.

Josh, has there been any discussion of letting fully gutted trucks run at say 7700-7800# in the smooth 3.0 class. Sort of how the old 3.0 used to be with added weight to rear from a gutted bed floor.

If that is a possibility I wouldn't mind our local class aligning with those rules, especially if the new 3.6 is going to run cuts. We have several new trucks coming out this year for our class and we all feel like going to cuts this year could possibly sit some guys out for the coming season. Or scare them off for good.

I believe that was already the case

The block issue in 2.6 is a sore subject for me. We have run a wet block 5.9 with no girdle with a 3.0 hx60 for 4+years probably over 200 pulls and have yet to see a block failure. Granted, 2.6 trucks probably make same power or more than our setup does now.

But when you see a block failure of a 400+ ci motor I don't want to hear the *****ing and moaning that you need a deck plate. That's the reason the classes are so ****ed up now, because ppl has let this be the norm.

Not a jab at you hammer, just a little rant from me to nobody lol

People start popping high dollar engines and they'll wish they were still just shredding driveline parts. LOL

Talk about being a rich man's sport! :eek:

People start popping high dollar engines and they'll wish they were still just shredding driveline parts. LOL

Talk about being a rich man's sport! :eek:

this has happened to a few. over the past 2 years.

will im aware. you explained that all to me through txt last year.

Does anybody know for certain of any other organizations that are going to follow the new PPL rules, all of them that is? COTPC, BOB, KTPA etc. And what is the advantage to having your club/group signed on as a PPL affiliate? I know Jeremy pulls with a group but do they put up extra money for the class? Just trying to get some ducks in a row before our upcoming meeting

Sent from my SM-G900R4 using Tapatalk

:st:
Does anybody know for certain of any other organizations that are going to follow the new PPL rules, all of them that is? COTPC, BOB, KTPA etc. And what is the advantage to having your club/group signed on as a PPL affiliate? I know Jeremy pulls with a group but do they put up extra money for the class? Just trying to get some ducks in a row before our upcoming meeting

Not sure yet about our local, Power pulling Productions. But it would not be wise to not change. We already need two different chargers to run our local 2.6 groups, if PPP didn't align with ppl we'd need 3 chargers!

I feel it would work best for everyone in our group to be inclusive to PPL rules, not exclusive to them. Everyone can still pull and it is fair to those that wish to travel to a "big boy" pull, and to those wishing to still get in some hooks and have fun without having to drop another load of money to change. In other words, keep what you have, but you can run the new rules too